PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul to Decide "in Six to Eight Weeks"

RonPaulFanInGA
03-24-2011, 07:35 PM
http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/a-tale-of-two-pauls-either-ron-or-rand-likely-to-jump-into-2012-race-20110324

A Tale of Two Pauls: Either Ron or Rand Likely to Jump Into 2012 Race

It’s looking increasingly likely that the Paul name will make it onto the 2012 GOP primary ballot.

Corroborating speculation that he’s thinking about following in his father’s footsteps on the road to the White House, Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., said in a wave of Kentucky media appearances on Thursday that he intends to “explore” the possibility of a presidential bid should Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, decide not to run.

“The only decision Rand has made is that he won’t be running against his dad and that it’s important that these ideas of the tea party are represented in the primary,” Jesse Benton, a political consultant for Rand, told National Journal. “But right now, in general, national political leaders from both parties lack commitment to wanting to tackle problems in serious ways.”

Benton said Ron will decide either way “in about six to eight weeks.” Asked if Rand would seriously consider running in the place of his father, Benton paused, then said, “I think so."

“At the very least it will certainly give Rand a lot of pause to think and to look at options, and again, to look at what’s the best way to carry the message of the tea party in 2012,” he said.

Noting that he was speaking from the critical early primary state of New Hampshire, where Ron will headline the Dover GOP’s Lincoln-Reagan dinner on Friday, Benton pointed out that Ron’s recent schedule—including a Christian home-school rally in Iowa on Wednesday—certainly indicates that he’s testing the waters.

“It’s a very, very serious consideration for [Ron], but I’d say he’s still probably about 50-50,” Benton said.

TheNcredibleEgg
03-24-2011, 07:51 PM
I just so hope Rand doesn't run - even if Ron doesn't.

Rand's whole message will be lost because of his inexperience. It'll be a total waste.

He just needs to focus on the Senate and think 2016 for any WH bid.

anaconda
03-24-2011, 08:00 PM
The first Republican debate is in 39 days (5 weeks and 4 days). Does this mean Ron may skip the first debate?

R3volutionJedi
03-24-2011, 08:06 PM
The first Republican debate is in 39 days (5 weeks and 4 days). Does this mean Ron may skip the first debate?

I SURE hope not.

The Dark Knight
03-24-2011, 08:09 PM
If Ron waits past April, forget about having a chance at winning.

trey4sports
03-24-2011, 08:09 PM

No.

I can guarantee you that if Ron is running in the 2012 election cycle he will be in all the debates. In fact I believe the debates would be the biggest reason Ron would run

Johnnymac
03-24-2011, 08:57 PM
yea he will most likely decide in April

nate895
03-24-2011, 09:01 PM
You probably only have to launch an exploratory committee to get into the debates. I'd bet Paul will announce an exploratory committee next month and make the official decision in May. That way, he is campaigning without campaigning.

trey4sports
03-24-2011, 09:05 PM
You probably only have to launch an exploratory committee to get into the debates. I'd bet Paul will announce an exploratory committee next month and make the official decision in May. That way, he is campaigning without campaigning.

Doubt it.

LIBERTY PAC is his defacto exploratory committee. He has stated he is testing the waters right now

Ron's next step will be to announce his intention to run for the Republican nomination or he will gracefully decline. He wont utilize an exp. com.

anaconda
03-24-2011, 09:06 PM
No.

I can guarantee you that if Ron is running in the 2012 election cycle he will be in all the debates. In fact I believe the debates would be the biggest reason Ron would run

Well he said "about 6 to 8 weeks" for his decision. I guess 5 weeks and 4 days is "about" 6 weeks but it's not "about" 8 weeks..

Aratus
03-25-2011, 12:41 PM
by this May we will know one way or the other?

Original_Intent
03-25-2011, 12:47 PM
Well, clearly we need to trigger a financial crisis in order to get him to announce.

I mean, an even bigger one than we are already in.

trey4sports
03-25-2011, 12:48 PM
Well, clearly we need to trigger a financial crisis in order to get him to announce.

I mean, an even bigger one than we are already in.

I'm feeling a RPF bank run

rutgerscamdenYAL
03-25-2011, 01:14 PM

Could you imagine if we pulled that off?! That would be awesome!

Feeding the Abscess
03-25-2011, 05:21 PM
First it was shortly after the New Year, then it was by the end of January, then it was "in a couple weeks"... I have no idea what he's waiting for. Part of me is starting to doubt that he's running.

trey4sports
03-25-2011, 05:32 PM
Could you imagine if we pulled that off?! That would be awesome!

yeah, we'd probably be labeled terrorists.

Oh wait, we already are :(

First it was shortly after the New Year, then it was by the end of January, then it was "in a couple weeks"... I have no idea what he's waiting for. Part of me is starting to doubt that he's running.

Ron's creating a winning narrative

IMO Ron has already consulted with Carol and made up his mind one way or the other. This is just Ron creating buzz. I'm sure he has consulted with his political team and they've advised him to wait until his book drops to announce or to keep fundraising and leading us on and then endorse _______ and dump the money from LIBERTY PAC into their campaign.

acptulsa
03-25-2011, 05:36 PM

Oh, wait. We already are. Various people are convinced MorganChase is short on their paper silver stores, and are trying to get everyone who supposedly has silver in their vault to call for it.

dbill27
03-25-2011, 11:20 PM
Was i the only one who saw ron's facebook status the other day? It said something along the lines of... Rand is promoting his book in south carolina, his presence in the early primary states should be a big boost to me. He is running guys, iowa then new hampshire. It's on, don't worry. Sure, he's probably still weighing the posibiltiy of Rand making a go at it or whatever, but he's in this thing. The announcement is all for purpose of strategy, probably when his book comes out.

trey4sports
03-25-2011, 11:24 PM
Was i the only one who saw ron's facebook status the other day? It said something along the lines of... Rand is promoting his book in south carolina, his presence in the early primary states should be a big boost to me. He is running guys, iowa then new hampshire. It's on, don't worry. Sure, he's probably still weighing the posibiltiy of Rand making a go at it or whatever, but he's in this thing. The announcement is all for purpose of strategy, probably when his book comes out.

Yes, there is a thread about it on the forums. Unfortunately, all the emails and status updates are done by his assistants so the "tone" and "hints" aren't really from Ron. I do think he's going to run though

devil21
03-26-2011, 06:30 PM
Rand is not going to run. He's using his Tea Party cred to bring more attention to his dad's run. Rand 2016? Maybe but no way he's running so there's another reason for it.

speciallyblend
03-26-2011, 07:25 PM
I just so hope Rand doesn't run - even if Ron doesn't.

Rand's whole message will be lost because of his inexperience. It'll be a total waste.

He just needs to focus on the Senate and think 2016 for any WH bid.

if Ron or Rand doesn't run then it is a waste!! We will be left with an obama 2nd term as the gop becomes pointless at the national level!!

R3volutionJedi
03-26-2011, 08:37 PM
Rand is not going to run. He's using his Tea Party cred to bring more attention to his dad's run. Rand 2016? Maybe but no way he's running so there's another reason for it.

I absolutely agree. I think Rand will run in 2016 to take over if his dad isn't feeling up to the task of a 2nd term, you know what I mean???