PDA

View Full Version : Since People are Talking about David Adams....

RonPaulFanInGA
03-24-2011, 01:30 PM
Can one of the 'insiders' here go into the staffer Chr*st* G*ll*sp** thing? Was David Adams really the one that told people G*ll*sp** was the crazy screaming lady in this YouTube video, knowing it wasn't really her at all?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlCY8ESbMhg

Agorism
03-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Who is Christi Gillespie?

I vaguely rem this name from the campaign but forgot. Was she the lady who quit the campaign because she said Rand was selling out on the war?

BamaFanNKy
03-24-2011, 02:16 PM

I vaguely rem this name from the campaign but forgot. Was she the lady who quit the campaign because she said Rand was selling out on the war?

She made some bad mistakes and now I think she works for a candidate named Kemper. She had a boyfriend who's uber pure libertarian and she burned a major bridge.

TheTyke
03-24-2011, 02:17 PM

Hehe... Christi is someone who campaigned for McConnell since she was a kid, "converted" to libertarianism and then ditched Rand claiming publicly he wasn't libertarian enough... and is now supporting Senate Pres. Williams for Governor who is the epitome of the anti-liberty Establishment. Gotta admit she helped us a lot for a month or so, but these rapid reversals of principle really make one wonder.....

And there is no earthly way anyone who knew her would mistake her for the one in the video. :D

TheTyke
03-24-2011, 02:18 PM
She made some bad mistakes and now I think she works for a candidate named Kemper. She had a boyfriend who's uber pure libertarian and she burned a major bridge.

Kemper is awesome... seems to even be a Ron Paul guy.

BamaFanNKy
03-24-2011, 02:20 PM
Kemper is awesome... seems to even be a Ron Paul guy.

He's Cubbie Bear light to me. Not in ideology but looks:
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/24865_106814429353416_100000745779700_91287_730243 3_n.jpg

Cuddly I say.

I wish Kemper would of run for State House or Senate. We need more of ours in there.

RonPaulFanInGA
03-24-2011, 02:22 PM
Who is Chr*st* G*ll*sp**?

Chr*st* G*ll*sp** was a staffer for Rand Paul's campaign who quit around the turn of the new year in 2010. She quit because she said Rand Paul wouldn't attack Mitch McConnell (despite McConnell not being Paul's primary opponent) and because, she claimed, David Adams told people she was the crazy lady in that posted YouTube video to smear her even though he (Adams) knew it wasn't really her (G*ll*sp**.)

She then went on a large attention-whoring binge after she quit. Putting out press releases attacking Rand Paul and David Adams, giving interviews to PageOne guy, trashing Rand Paul in the mainstream media and even coming here to post her e-mail address in case anyone here wanted to talk with her about her resignation.

BamaFanNKy
03-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Somehow, I believe the part about David Adams lying.

Thargok
03-24-2011, 04:22 PM
Christi was Rand's volunteer coordinator, she was also kind of a buffer scheduler for Hightower. She was well known in KY GOP and got Rand into a ton of events (lincoln day dinners and christmas parties) due to her long established connections to people in the GOP. She left due to what she perceived as a smear attack against her by David Adams which isn't unbelievable in itself. Her official statement was that since Rand wouldn't stand up to David Adams in firing Hightower and his attacks on her, that he wouldn't stand up to McConnell.

When she left the campaign kind of came to a standstill and a lot of grassroots people got frustrated, they had nobody to contact directly and a lot of work fell on grassroots shoulders that probably should have been handled "in-house"

At that time she was in a relationship with an LP member who also severed ties with Rand for similar reasons, he was somewhat critical of Rand, and was subject of a public facebook pissing match with David Adams when David made questionable policy statements and asked for a grassroots paper he put-out to retract some articles that engaged in satire against McConnell in the belief that he wouldn't endorse Grayson for whatever reason.

Anyways, Christi is back in the establishment fold, not sure why but from what I understand she had some sort of life changing experience. Doesn't really matter now.

Aratus
03-24-2011, 05:08 PM
isn't part of this tragedy the way an intense camapign
sometimes goldfishbowl burns good people out? shades of
the functional/dysfunctional paranoia of richard milhous nixon!
there are times when one's fears submerge one's reason
as things get faster paced and hectic. unlucky her!!!