PDA

View Full Version : Michele Bachmann CNN Exclusive: Bachmann to form exploratory committee in June, possibly earlier

JohnEngland
03-24-2011, 08:36 AM
I'm not going to lie - it surprises me that Bachmann is considering this or even thinks that she can win. I like her, but it's surely just a pie-in-the-sky dream. Maybe she just wants to help shape the debate during the election:

Washington (CNN) – CNN has exclusively learned that Rep. Michele Bachmann will form a presidential exploratory committee. The Minnesota Republican plans to file papers for the committee in early June, with an announcement likely around that same time.

But a source close to the congresswoman said that Bachmann could form the exploratory committee even earlier than June so that she could participate in early Republican presidential debates.

"She's been telling everyone early summer," the source told CNN regarding Bachmann's planned June filing and announcement. But the source said that nothing is static.

"If you [debate sponsors] come to us and say, 'To be in our debates, you have to have an exploratory committee,' then we'll say, 'Okay, fine...I'll go file the forms.'"

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/24/cnn-exclusive-michele-bachmann-to-form-exploratory-committee-in-june-possibly-earlier/

sailingaway
03-24-2011, 08:47 AM
I wonder if the buzz about Rand galvanized her.

sailingaway
03-24-2011, 08:50 AM
I'm getting the impression he now knows Ron is going to run, so it doesn't matter what he says, so long as he prefaces it with 'I won't run if my Dad runs....'

Of course, hearing Ron's response to the suggestion on Cavuto influences me in this, and I could be wrong.

(I'm listening to Rand on Mandy's show right now....sorry, thought I was posting on that thread.)

Lucille
03-24-2011, 08:54 AM
She can't be serious.

acptulsa
03-24-2011, 08:58 AM
She can't be serious.

We'll know she's serious when we see her posing with the moose she just shot.

Cowlesy
03-24-2011, 09:11 AM
good grief......

gls
03-24-2011, 09:53 AM
I don't know much about her except that she seems to have a pretty loyal following for some reason. Is she any more conservative than a typical Republican?

doodle
03-24-2011, 10:19 AM
She could piss off Palin, she may think Palin is down and under due to Gifford/"blood libel" criticism or Jeremy Morlock affairs and would not be running. She got a surprise waiting, Palin is serious looking at her visit with Netanyaho.

doodle
03-24-2011, 10:22 AM
I wonder if the buzz about Rand galvanized her.

More likely Palin's trip to Israel galavanized her and wanted to drop her bikini in the ring before Palin does.

Matt Collins
03-24-2011, 10:23 AM
I'm getting the impression he now knows Ron is going to runThey do live together ya know? ;):p

Feeding the Abscess
03-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Be gone with her; to the dustbins of history.

erowe1
03-24-2011, 10:33 AM
In 2004 Carol Mosley Braun ran as a Democrat, and there was a pretty widespread belief that the party pressured her into it to siphon support away from Al Sharpton. She was never a serious candidate, and I don't think even she thought she was.

This could be similar. And it could partially explain why RP is waiting to announce.

Matt Collins
03-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Hmmm so does this mean she'd miss the first debate?

Could she be another Fred Thompson, joining late, acting as the conservative "magnet" drawing conservative votes away from Ron?

tsai3904
03-24-2011, 10:48 AM

Could she be another Fred Thompson, joining late, acting as the conservative "magnet" drawing conservative votes away from Ron?

CNN, citing an unnamed source, said Bachmann might launch a committee even earlier if it becomes a requirement for participating in GOP primary debates in May and early June.

JohnEngland
03-24-2011, 10:48 AM

Hmm, I don't think Bachmann intends to take away votes off Ron or anything planned like that. I've personally had the impression that she likes Ron more than many of the other GOPers in Congress. She's kinda an outsider who doesn't always "obey" the GOP establishment. Plus she's hosted events with Ron before...

One possibility for this proto-presidential run is that her real target is the Senate and she's using the platform of the presidential election to gain the national attention and funding that she will probably need to beat the Democrat incumbent.

malkusm
03-24-2011, 10:51 AM
One possibility for this proto-presidential run is that her real target is the Senate and she's using the platform of the presidential election to gain the national attention and funding that she will probably need to beat the Democrat incumbent.

This makes a lot of sense....

JohnEngland
03-24-2011, 11:19 AM
See how she looks up in awe of The Legend :D

http://images.politico.com/global/news/110323_bachmann_paul_ap_328.jpg

aravoth
03-24-2011, 11:26 AM
I'm not going to lie - it surprises me that Bachmann is considering this or even thinks that she can win. I like her, but it's surely just a pie-in-the-sky dream. Maybe she just wants to help shape the debate during the election:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/24/cnn-exclusive-michele-bachmann-to-form-exploratory-committee-in-june-possibly-earlier/

lmao

Romulus
03-24-2011, 11:31 AM
Lets face it, there's going to be a lot of people on stage singing Rons tune. Even Huckabee changed his tune in 08 to sound more like Ron.

We can deal with this, and Ron will separate himself when the time comes. No one has his courage, except Rand.

acptulsa
03-24-2011, 11:33 AM
How did CNN of all outlets get a scoop on this story?