PDA

View Full Version : Will the campaign send out a fundraising email on Nov. 5th?

goRPaul
10-24-2007, 03:24 PM
The campaign obviously knows about Nov. 5th. Do you think they'll try to kickstart the fundraising that day by sending out an email in the morning? We have a real possibility to raise $1 million that day, I think the campaign will try to help out.

austin356
10-24-2007, 06:31 PM
well I dont know if that is the best strategy........... Depends on whether or not their servers can handle it.

You definitely dont want to send out an official campaign email that reaches much wider than the 5th drive on a day the website is overloaded.

But if they are 99-100% sure that is not a problem then it what they should do in hopes of expanding media attention.

jgmaynard
10-24-2007, 07:35 PM
I believe they will...... and they should.....

We are still heading for ~ $2.5 Milllion that day. That is MAJOR, front-runner, in-your-face-establishment money! Boo-freaking-YAH!

Add to that another several hundred thousand from an official mailout that day, and we'll light up the press like a pinball machine in a thunderstorm. :D

JM

kylejack
10-24-2007, 07:36 PM
Would prefer that they didn't, but who knows, they might.

jgmaynard
10-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Why? Because the server might crash? The small possibility of that happening is NOT worth 100's of thousands of dollars in extra donations! I want November 5th to go off, I want the campaign to send out e-mail's, I want our PACs TV ads to generate lots of cash, the billboards to generate a ton of traffic and then I want Oct 11th come in at the end of the week and get so much money to the campaign that the flash graphic has a run-time error. :D
I'm a professional web designer, and I have complete faith in the Ron Paul web people and if they need to upgrade, I am confident they will stay up all night with pizza and Jolt to get the job done.
Nothing succeeds like success and this will get the media talking like an over-caffeinated sewing circle.

JM

kylejack
10-24-2007, 07:47 PM
I'm interested to see what grassroots can do without the campaign boosting it, and the campaign can instead use an e-mail around the same day to keep donations coming in from people out of touch with the grassroots communication.

jgmaynard
10-24-2007, 07:55 PM
Yeah, from a scientific standpoint, I can't argue with isolating a variable to test a system :)

But, this is such a HUGE chance to raise such a huge sum in such a huge time, that here is no way of keeping it out of every major media outlet in the world if we pull off an incredible one-day haul. I gotta throw in (in spirit and financially) with the one-day bonanza.

But I would NEVER stop anyone from doing what they feel is right to help Ron. So if you wanna donate on another day, feel free. :D

JM

kylejack
10-24-2007, 07:57 PM
The other factor is that it keeps the campaign isolated from any potential Vendetta blowback.

jgmaynard
10-24-2007, 07:58 PM
That discussion is over.

JM

terlinguatx
10-24-2007, 08:37 PM

parke
10-25-2007, 09:38 AM
I think if Dr. Paul just sends out a message day of, or day before it could help with the boost. On ronpaulgraphs it shows that he gets a boost when he sends an email... so he might save that card until he finds a place for it.

I think we are going to reach 12M. The holidays.. Im asking everyone to give me donation money and Im sure Im not alone. Im hoping that is when Ron Paul really takes off. Family and friends getting together can spread this message better than any other way possible.

We have the truth on our side.

Edward
11-04-2007, 10:21 PM
bump

Korey Kaczynski
11-04-2007, 10:23 PM
I'm fairly certain they will.