PDA

View Full Version : Decals (for car)

ronpaulitician
06-10-2007, 07:02 PM
I spent a couple of hours trying to paint a Ron Paul Revolution logo on my car. Cutting the stencil takes a lot of time, and I did not like the way the paint came out on the window. A waste of time.

I'm going to give it another try next weekend, but in the meantime, I am going to look for a place where I can buy cheap custom decals.

Right now, I'm looking at this site (http://www.vinzdecals.com/create1.html): Vinzdecals.

For $17, you get a 34" by 4" decal. If you order 50, you get them half off (so $8.50 a piece). They even have the Stencilia font that is used for the Ron Paul Revolution signs. Order 500, and they're 80% off, which makes each decal about $3.50. That's a huge investment to make, but we could have 500 cars driving around with a "Ron Paul for president in '08!" decal on their rear window.

Anyone happen to know better offers than that?

ronpaulitician
06-11-2007, 04:56 PM
Found a place that charges $0.53 per 34" by 4" decal (white text) for orders of 5,000 or more.

That's a lot of money ($2,500), but that 5,000 Ron Paul supporters driving around with a "Ron Paul for president in '08" decal on their rear window.

windex_777
06-11-2007, 05:20 PM
This would be awesome! I've been painting a Ron Paul message on my back window with Glass Chalk, but I'd love to have something more permanent that doesn't come off when it rains!

DjLoTi
06-11-2007, 05:21 PM
It would be nice if someone could buy it, and then sell them for $1 or something.. then donate the profits to RP..

Bruehound
06-11-2007, 05:36 PM
you can buy blank white vinyl window cling and use a stencil template to spray paint it. I used this vendor for the cling: http://www.wilde-ideas.com/Vndrs/Gfx/Cling.html
http://photos3.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/1/4/e/8/highres_1505352.jpeg

ronpaulitician
06-11-2007, 06:15 PM
It would be nice if someone could buy it, and then sell them for $1 or something.. then donate the profits to RP..
That's what I hope to do eventually, but my budget isn't quite large enough for 5,000 of them. I've forwarded the e-mail in which I was quoted $0.53 per decal to someone within the Ron Paul campaign.

LibertyEagle
06-11-2007, 10:00 PM
My question is whether having something this large in your back window is against the law.

angrydragon
06-11-2007, 10:31 PM
Aren't there graphics painted on where it shows up on the back, but it's legal because you can see through them? I would imagine though that it costs some money.

Bradley in DC
06-12-2007, 12:03 AM

Good idea, DJ! Perhaps a local Meetup group could pull it together and sell them--even at cost--to the other groups, etc.?

ronpaulitician
06-12-2007, 09:50 AM
Good idea, DJ! Perhaps a local Meetup group could pull it together and sell them--even at cost--to the other groups, etc.?
Working on it. That's a huge investment to make though.

Re: see-through signs; yes, that technology is available, but probably a bit too expensive to make it worth it. A big decal in and of itself is a lot more expensive than the smaller ones. I think for a full see-through window decal, you're looking at about $100.

Lesgov
06-13-2007, 07:20 AM
My question is whether having something this large in your back window is against the law.

I believe as long as you have side view mirrors on your vehicle you can completely cover your back window.

AZ Libertarian
06-13-2007, 11:13 AM

I believe it is legal, as long as the vehicle (as in the photo) has side mirrors. It is the same as having the cargo area full and not have clear field of vision through the back - you have to use the side mirrors.

Also - the rear side windows are highly visible areas and can be utilized by wording, you just need to be careful about enlarging your 'blind spots' - but it's legal.