PDA

View Full Version : Westboro Baptist Church are preparing to spread their evil message at Elizabeth Taylor

Agorism
03-23-2011, 06:11 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/23/elizabeth-taylor-funeral-westboro-baptist-church-protest-picket-margie-phelps

Margie Phelps — daughter of WBC Pastor Fred Phelps — took to Twitter today to announce the church is going to picket non-lesbian Liz’s funeral … all because Liz was apparently some sort of gay “enabler” and (God forbid) an AIDS activist.??Liz will likely be buried in Los Angeles — where there are positively no gay people. ?

specsaregood
03-23-2011, 06:35 PM
sweet, good for them

QueenB4Liberty
03-23-2011, 06:36 PM
lol stupid people.

sailingaway
03-23-2011, 06:38 PM
Well, that should be fun for the news. I can guarantee they won't get near the mourners. They are idiots. This is California where gays started making out in the Mormon church to protest Prop 8 (and yes, although I voted against prop 8, I thought that was beyond the pale). The point is, they are out of their territory, and should think about that, for the kids' sake. The parents can take their own chances, as far as I'm concerned.

qh4dotcom
03-23-2011, 07:04 PM
Elizabeth Taylor is no friend of liberty....gave $2,300 to the war pig Hillary Clinton for President...and $2,300 to Barbara Boxer...and never issued that I know of an apology for helping corrupt politicians get elected.

http://www.newsmeat.com/celebrity_political_donations/Elizabeth_Taylor.php

and her funeral should not be picketed.

tangent4ronpaul
03-23-2011, 07:20 PM
I hope snipers or a mob bent on kicking some Evangelical ass shows up!

These ppl are disgusting!

specsaregood
03-23-2011, 07:22 PM

Well they are all lawyers. :)

sailingaway
03-23-2011, 07:26 PM
Well they are all lawyers. :)

Some of them are kids, I've seen pictures. As I understand it, they are this guy's extended family and somehow have gotten themselves declared a church which is great for taxes, I'm sure.

tangent4ronpaul
03-23-2011, 07:29 PM
Some of them are kids, I've seen pictures. As I understand it, they are this guy's extended family and somehow have gotten themselves declared a church which is great for taxes, I'm sure.

The birth defects must be HORRIFIC! :rolleyes:

esp in the mental retardation area....

AZKing
03-23-2011, 07:36 PM
I wish the media would just ignore them. It's like feeding trolls. They get pumped up when the media and anti-WBC protesters make a ruckus about them.

tangent4ronpaul
03-23-2011, 07:38 PM
I'm thinking better about posting what I really think so I don't get on ANOTHER LIST!

dannno
03-23-2011, 07:46 PM
I wish the media would just ignore them. It's like feeding trolls. They get pumped up when the media and anti-WBC protesters make a ruckus about them.

True dat.

In fact maybe when they picket the funeral, and the media covers them, we should picket the media for being "WBC Enablers"

specsaregood
03-23-2011, 07:50 PM

Right, but besides the kids pretty much all of them are lawyers. I watched the documentary on them that somebody posted a couple weeks ago and one of the younger ones was going to law school and she said all the adults are lawyers.

AZKing
03-23-2011, 08:00 PM
I'm thinking better about posting what I really think so I don't get on ANOTHER LIST!

Which list is that? :<

tangent4ronpaul
03-23-2011, 08:26 PM
How many do they have - hard to keep track of um all....

BlackTerrel
03-23-2011, 09:31 PM
I hope snipers or a mob bent on kicking some Evangelical ass shows up!

These guys aren't representative of evangelicals. They are one dude and his extended family.

They are irrelevant. But they love the attention they get.

South Park Fan
03-23-2011, 10:08 PM

Of course they would go away in days if the media stopped covering them. The media of course loves the WBC as it feeds into the hysteria that media itself creates.

V-rod
03-23-2011, 10:41 PM
Westboro Church, with so few members, mostly family, have quite a few lawyers.

They make their money by suing those that thwarts their trolling.

Its a pity that most people are too gullible to not ignore them.

They are creative ambulance chasers.

Nastynate
03-23-2011, 11:01 PM
We should find out when one of the members of the westboro church die and protest their funeral.

qh4dotcom
03-23-2011, 11:18 PM
We should find out when one of the members of the westboro church die and protest their funeral.

Ha Ha Ha....anyway there will probably be an economic collapse before that happens

nate895
03-23-2011, 11:20 PM
Ha Ha Ha....anyway there will probably be an economic collapse before that happens

Not necessarily. Fred Phelps is really old. However, I don't protest funerals out of principle.

speciallyblend
03-23-2011, 11:30 PM
the funeral is in cali right? if so just get 100-1000 medical marijuana card holders and smoke them away from the funeral. run them away with a wall of marijuana smoke;) or spike their water! just sayin

Kludge
03-23-2011, 11:49 PM
Right, but besides the kids pretty much all of them are lawyers. I watched the documentary on them that somebody posted a couple weeks ago and one of the younger ones was going to law school and she said all the adults are lawyers.
You have a link for that? What do you think their real intention is in holding these "protests"?

Kludge
03-23-2011, 11:50 PM
Not necessarily. Fred Phelps is really old. However, I don't protest funerals out of principle.
Your restraint is inspiring.

specsaregood
03-24-2011, 06:57 AM
You have a link for that? What do you think their real intention is in holding these "protests"?

Here is the beginning of it.

TV documentary written and presented by the BBC's Louis Theroux about the Phelps family, at the heart of the Westboro Baptist Church.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOrz5k0jWdU&feature=related

About halfway through part 4 (below) the filmmaker asks the girl, "do you want to be a laywer like so many of your aunts and uncles?" In another part of the movie -- I don't remember where-- it goes into details about how they are all lawyers and that is how they supported themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayVFHMn6Y6w&feature=related

tekkierich
03-24-2011, 07:01 AM
Good, perhaps they will avoid the funeral of a local guy from Westminster MD who was killed in Afghanistan last weekend.

Kludge
03-24-2011, 07:05 AM
Haha... This is serious? "The streets of this nation are full of married men having *** sex."

specsaregood
03-24-2011, 07:10 AM
Haha... This is serious? "The streets of this nation are full of married men having *** sex."

I know right? when I heard that I immediately looked out the window but was disappointed because it was only full of little kids riding bikes. :(

acptulsa
03-24-2011, 07:20 AM
Of course they would go away in days if the media stopped covering them. The media of course loves the WBC as it feeds into the hysteria that media itself creates.

And, of course, that hysteria that they're creating is a hysterical fear of the Great Plains, alias 'Flyover Country'. Is it coincidence that this is one of the most libertarian regions of the nation?

I can't help but wonder where the hell they do get the money to do all this travel. If Rand McNally is any indication, Westboro isn't even large enough to be incorporated. It isn't even a town. How many crazy lawyers can it support?

juleswin
03-24-2011, 07:22 AM
Dont feed the trolls. Just ignore the crazies and just maybe they will go away.

specsaregood
03-24-2011, 07:34 AM
I can't help but wonder where the hell they do get the money to do all this travel.

It said in the documentary their travel expenses are over 300k/year IIRC.

If Rand McNally is any indication, Westboro isn't even large enough to be incorporated. It isn't even a town. How many crazy lawyers can it support?

All that matters is that they get internet, work from home? Not to mention the myriad of lawsuits against people, businesses, municipalities that have assaulted or otherwise infringed upon their rights. All of which is relatively inexpensive for them since they can handling all the filing and court process internally.

Hell, if I was infringed upon by a govt, business, etc I might consider hiring them. Especially if it is a constitutional rights case, they are no doubt good at those.

Kludge
03-24-2011, 08:10 AM
This shit's comedy gold. Daughter wearing God Hates **** shirt, member of Church, says she knows what she should & shouldn't wear -- they need to dress modestly.

DAUGHTERS... of PARENTS - the offspring of the operators of the Church... say they don't have boyfriends because it'd be a waste of their time which would be better spent telling everyone who doesn't hate **** they're hell-bound ***-lovers.

wuuuut? On before a member became a Westboro member/operator "...I embraced the ideology of libertarianism..." "You were... it's okay to be gay?" "I was a genius - a genius..."

"We're going to the Jew church." "The Jew chuch? That sounds a little anti-semitical." "These people hate God and worship the rectum."

"[Would you let your children bring home a boyfriend or girlfriend?]" "No. ... What would be the purpose? - so they can fornicate?" " -fun?" "FUN? Does that equal fornicating?" "Not necessarily." [kids start entering the vehicle they're in] "Well what does it equal?" "Fun? Having fun! Holding hands." "Holding hands?! No." "Sending little notes to each other?" "Uh, just what - so you can teach 'em how to fornicate later? Teach 'em early?" "You've got fornication on the brain." "Yeah - that's what this generation is all about - fornicating."

"Noah [very young boy @ protest], do you know what *** troops are?" "Yeah." "What?" "It's this nation - of these **** - it's a nation of ****. That's what *** troops mean." "It is a nation of **** - that's right." (Interviewer)"You're not going to let him get away with that...!?" "MOM - IT'S *** SOLDIERS! *** SOLDIERS!!"

After female teen said she felt pleasure when people die because it's God's Will - "If... you got run over by a car, would your dad be pleased?" "If I got ran over by a car, I'd be in Hell, and my dad'd probably be pleased."

Fred Phelps to.... people other than his followers? (Coalition soldiers, perhaps): "It's almost 18 months now and the siege has got people eatin' their babies, and their small children - AND EACH OTHER! YER GONNA EAT YOUR BABIES!!!"

lol @ ~4:35 on 6/8 - hilarious

Interviewer (paraphrased): What if the soldier you're picketing was a good man? "Not a chance, poopy pants."

"If Jesus did come back..." "- He'd be holding this sign." [**** Doom Nations]

It said in the documentary their travel expenses are over 300k/year IIRC.

200k was the #

wizardwatson
03-24-2011, 08:25 AM
This shit's comedy gold.

I've been saying that for a awhile. Once you get past any emotional response you might have to the hate rhetoric a lot of what they say is hilarious. I read their blog (used to anyway, as its been down since late Feb.) and the way they answer their emails and letters is hysterical.

For instance on their main site, they have on the left numbers of soldiers died in Iraq war. Number of aborted babies. Number of souls cast into hell so far. And my favorite, at the bottom of the list is " 0 - Number of nanoseconds of sleep we lose worrying about your 'feelings'".