PDA

View Full Version : Mission Creep in Steroids - Camp Lejeune Marines To Libya

Lucille
03-23-2011, 05:17 PM
That was fast.

Camp Lejeune Marines To Libya (http://www.wcti12.com/news/27257042/detail.html)

ETA: Oops. The title should read ON steroids.

KramerDSP
03-23-2011, 05:43 PM
And how about this one..

Libya tragicomedy: Al Qaeda supports the rebels too (http://pajamasmedia.com/tatler/2011/03/23/libya-tragicomedy-al-qaeda-supports-the-rebels-too/)

Coalition of the Confused:

A senior member of al Qaida urged Libyan rebels to continue their fight against Muammar Gaddafi and warned of the consequences of defeat, in a videotaped message posted on Jihadi websites, the Qatar-based Gulf News reported on Sunday.

The message from Libya native, Abu Yahya al-Libi, marked the first time a top ranked al Qaida commander had commented on the uprising in Libya. Gaddafi has repeatedly blamed al Qaida for inciting the unrest against him.
Question: So is Libya now a crusade or a jihad? Whatever the answer, we’ve lost Merkel but gained…bin Laden?

I tweeted the following to my followers:

Krusty724
Let me get this straight. The USA is engaged in a war against Terrorism/Al Qaeda, but we're on the same side when it comes to Libya. Huh?

puppetmaster
03-23-2011, 08:16 PM
this is how they can justify ground troops....fighting terrorism.....

Zippyjuan
03-24-2011, 01:09 PM
Says they will be on ships in support of action there- not on the ground.

About 2,200 Marines from the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit will take part in support operations based aboard USS Kearsarge at sea. Those support operations have thus far included air strikes and one rescue operation.

All of these missions were launched from the USS Kearsarge more than 100 nautical miles from the coast. Other than the small TRAP force sent to locate the Air Force pilots, no U.S. Marines from the 26th MEU have landed ashore.

Brian4Liberty
03-24-2011, 01:31 PM
I tweeted the following to my followers:

Krusty724
Let me get this straight. The USA is engaged in a war against Terrorism/Al Qaeda, but we're on the same side when it comes to Libya. Huh?

We helped Al Qaeda take Kosovo too. Nothing new here.