PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Trump fifth in GOP field, two points ahead of Ron Paul

RonPaulFanInGA
03-23-2011, 02:39 PM
http://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2011/03/23/poll-trump-fifth-in-gop-field-two-points-ahead-of-ron-paul/

That would place him fifth on the list behind former Arkansas Gov. and 2008 Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee at 19 percent, former Massachusetts Gov. and 2008 White House hopeful Mitt Romney at 18 percent, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich at 14 percent, and 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin at 12 percent.

Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, who also ran for the Republican nomination in the last presidential election, is at eight percent, with everyone else in the low single digits.

"In a Trump-less field, Gingrich gets 15 percent, up from 10 percent in January, and Paul goes from 7 percent to 11 percent. Palin is the big loser, dropping from 19 percent in a no-Trump round in January to just 13 percent now,” adds Holland."

qh4dotcom
03-23-2011, 02:53 PM
Trump hasn't started to spend the $600 million that he talked about yet....

RonPaulFanInGA
03-23-2011, 02:56 PM
Trump hasn't started to spend the $600 million that he talked about yet....

Donald Trump didn't mean spend 600 million in the primary. It's 600 million against Obama as the Republican candidate in the general election, a position Trump is never going to get to anyway and he knows both that and that his money is safe.

Brian4Liberty
03-23-2011, 03:03 PM
Paul goes from 7 percent to 11 percent

That is an interesting statistic. 4/11 = 36%. Trump's only proclaimed campaign plank is "protectionism" of some form...

Epic
03-23-2011, 03:12 PM
Trump has also questioned US interventionist foreign policy, to some degree (He hates Iran though).

Basically, Ron Paul needs to hope that Trump does not run.

But 11% for Ron is really good! And 8% with Trump is okay too.

sailingaway
03-23-2011, 03:17 PM
It is a cnn poll, though.

RonPaulFanInGA
03-23-2011, 03:26 PM
That is an interesting statistic. 4/11 = 36%. Trump's only proclaimed campaign plank is "protectionism" of some form...

A lot of anti-war Buchananites might be really attracted to Donald Trump. He seems a lot more willing than Ron Paul to stand up to China. Trump running could easily cost Paul some support amongst that crowd.

Brian4Liberty
03-23-2011, 03:31 PM
A lot of anti-war Buchananites might be really attracted to Donald Trump. He seems a lot more willing than Ron Paul to stand up to China. Trump running could easily cost Paul some support amongst that crowd.

From what I've heard, Trump isn't very "anti-war". I believe he claimed to be the biggest "hawk" of all the candidates in one interview.

Romulus
03-23-2011, 03:48 PM
I'm thinking Trump is running as a spoiler for Rahm and the gang.. his only purpose is to muddy the Ron Paul waters.. he came right out with it.

Churchill2004
03-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Trump isn't going to run, so it's a waste of energy worrying about him. There was a brief period of him pushing the idea, and it lasted from right before CPAC until the recent Comedy Central roast of him aired- that was him signaling "alright, just kidding." With that he dropped the pretenses of gravitas he'd managed to contain himself in long enough to make it plausible to some. Now he's just riding the publicity wave he kicked up.

He did the exact same thing in 2000, when he talked about going for the Reform Party nomination (Perot's outfit that eventually nominated Buchanan). It's nothing more than Trump doing what Trump does- being an attention whore. Look for an announcement of whatever his new project post-TV-show is within the next few months. It won't be running for President.

Live_Free_Or_Die
03-23-2011, 03:53 PM
I'm thinking Trump is running as a spoiler for Rahm and the gang.. his only purpose is to muddy the Ron Paul waters.. he came right out with it.

If people support Trump it is not because Trump has muddied the Ron Paul waters. It is because people do not believe in Ron Paul's message.

nate895
03-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Ron Paul is the only person who I've seen hold his own against Trump in their duel over the last month. When got in that duel with O'Donnell (or O'Dumbbell, as he liked to call her), she had a nervous breakdown. It was actually rather entertaining. Ron Paul just shrugged it off and casually shot back. He's just a billionaire clown, that's all. He's like the world's most famous used car salesmen. He might seem popular before the actual votes, but I doubt many would ever cast their ballots for him.

civusamericanus
03-23-2011, 03:54 PM
I agree.

Romulus
03-23-2011, 04:02 PM
If people support Trump it is not because Trump has muddied the Ron Paul waters. It is because people do not believe in Ron Paul's message.

Or they do not understand it. Therefor they attach themselves to some other independent type figure.

Johnnymac
03-23-2011, 04:13 PM
Trump has also questioned US interventionist foreign policy, to some degree (He hates Iran though).

Basically, Ron Paul needs to hope that Trump does not run.

But 11% for Ron is really good! And 8% with Trump is okay too.

I think I would enjoy seeing Ron Paul Trump the Trump in the debates, a kick in the the pants to him

Aratus
03-24-2011, 09:12 AM
seven major people debate, and The Donald is quite clearly one of them???
the four top contenders will quickly see someone slip and then Ron pull up!