PDA

View Full Version : CNN: Obama -> Bush's Third Term? :) (Bipartisanship from Paul!)

TNforPaul45
03-23-2011, 10:15 AM
Libertarian, and longtime critic of the neo-cons, Ron Paul can at least claim consistency in his circulation of a congressional resolution "expressing the sense of Congress that the President is required to obtain in advance specific statutory authorization for the use of United States Armed Forces in response to civil unrest in Libya." Among its supporters to date is Detroit Democrat John Conyers -- Ron Paul's philosophic opposite on almost everything. The Beltway buzz was that committed partisans finally found something upon which they could agree.

Link: http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/03/23/avlon.left.obama/index.html?hpt=C2

UtahApocalypse
03-23-2011, 10:18 AM
I hope that Paul, Amash, and some others get some sort of measure on the floor quick over this crap.

sailingaway
03-23-2011, 10:43 AM
Only problem is statutory authority (or imminent harm to the US) is the trigger under the War Powers Act which ITSELF is unConstitutional, per me. I think except for imminent threat, it takes a declaration of war, period. However, it is true the Libya action ALSO was not justified under either the War Powers act OR the UN Charter which prohibits interference in domestic matters of a member state.

sailingaway
03-23-2011, 10:44 AM
I hope that Paul, Amash, and some others get some sort of measure on the floor quick over this crap.

The Speaker controls the House floor and it won't get there unless Boehner knows it is a winning strategy. We should contact our reps, and Boehner, so he does.

TNforPaul45
03-23-2011, 05:10 PM
bump

Lucille
03-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Because many on the left define themselves in opposition to authority

That made me just laugh and laugh...

speciallyblend
03-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Obama/Cheney 2012 Bring Our Troops Home Suckers!!!