PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous releases anti-authoritarian mini-series "Zenith"

Kludge
03-23-2011, 05:57 AM
Official website w. free download link @ http://www.zeniththefilm.com/

Review @ http://www.zeniththefilm.com/

There is a trailer. You will learn nothing from it, though. I haven't watched the movie, yet.

sevin
03-23-2011, 09:11 AM
Found a good review: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/zenith-film-review-30131

The premise sounds interesting, but I'm not sure I want to bother with this. BTW, who says it has anything to do with Anonymous?

virgil47
03-23-2011, 09:37 AM
Good luck to any that click on the link. Going where a hacker group suggests is like having a death wish.

Stary Hickory
03-23-2011, 09:40 AM
Emily Blunt is playing the role of a stripper!

I am in!

BTW whaty Anonymous have to do with this movie?

pcosmar
03-23-2011, 09:43 AM
Good luck to any that click on the link. Going where a hacker group suggests is like having a death wish.

Unless one is also a hacker.
;)
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/security/hacker-vs-cracker/1400

A person who delights in having an intimate understanding of the
internal workings of a system, computers and computer networks in
particular. The term is often misused in a pejorative context,
where “cracker” would be the correct term. See also: cracker.

pcosmar
03-23-2011, 09:49 AM
Found a good review: BTW, who says it has anything to do with Anonymous?

From the trailer,

Zenith
A Film by Anonymous

pcosmar
03-23-2011, 11:14 AM
Interesting stuff.
Check out Jacks Blog.
http://www.stopzenith.com/updates/home.php

Sentient Void
03-23-2011, 01:02 PM
I highly doubt this is by the 'Anonymous' that it seems everyone is referring to. Watched the trailer, seems like a legitimate production that took a decent amount of resources and organization and planning to produce and market - not something I could see coming from a loose-group the likes of Anonymous.

Definitely looks interesting, though. I'm gonna check it out.

Stary Hickory
03-23-2011, 01:22 PM
I highly doubt this is by the 'Anonymous' that it seems everyone is referring to. Watched the trailer, seems like a legitimate production that took a decent amount of resources and organization and planning to produce and market - not something I could see coming from a loose-group the likes of Anonymous.

Definitely looks interesting, though. I'm gonna check it out.

No for sure, I was thinking at first maybe Anonymous was more organized and financed than I had previously though until I saw Emily Blunt(stripper) in the movie, there is no way they got her in the flick lol....unless it was someone a bit more substantive.

Emily Blunt is $$

Kludge
03-23-2011, 07:47 PM
You guys still don't understand Anonymous. Replace "Anonymous" with "anonymous users who are on the same communication medium" and you'll have a much better understanding. When someone says "Anonymous did such-and-such" what they really mean is a group of people (or single person) carried out an action wearing the "mask" of Anonymous.

Anonymous is not an organized group. Anonymous does not have any ideology. There is no orderly structure to speak of (except in their means of communication).

"They" do not do anything as a group. "They" are not even necessarily hackers.

Anonymous is wholly operated by individuals doing as they please. They, talking to other anonymous users, find what they (INDIVIDUALLY!) see to be problems and try to fix them. A "member" of Anonymous could be a waiter, a clerk, a CEO, a public school IT, a playwright, an actor, a producer, a fry cook - anyone -- Anonymous is for any and all, but they are never one. Anonymous users operate independently and have no obligation to do as others do.

Anonymous did not do Operation Wisconsin, for instance - but Operation Wisconsin was done by members of Anonymous. (Or rather, Operation Wisconsin was carried out by anonymous users who use the same communication medium and wear the same mask.)

With the increasing relevance of Anonymous in this digital age, it's important to understand what they are (or rather, aren't).

Stary Hickory
03-23-2011, 07:52 PM
Sometimes, a lot of time, Anonymous is just like when you make an Anon comment on the site, right there where your name should be it says "Anonymous". Neat heh?

I may make a secret hacker group named McDonanlds, then next time when you see a restaurant named McDonalds you will know its me and my homies, chillin.

QueenB4Liberty
03-23-2011, 08:50 PM
It looks like an interesting movie. Maybe I'll watch it this weekend. lol

pcosmar
03-23-2011, 10:09 PM
You guys still don't understand Anonymous. Replace "Anonymous" with "anonymous users who are on the same communication medium" and you'll have a much better understanding. When someone says "Anonymous did such-and-such" what they really mean is a group of people (or single person) carried out an action wearing the "mask" of Anonymous.

Anonymous is not an organized group. Anonymous does not have any ideology. There is no orderly structure to speak of (except in their means of communication).

"They" do not do anything as a group. "They" are not even necessarily hackers.

Anonymous is wholly operated by individuals doing as they please. They, talking to other anonymous users, find what they (INDIVIDUALLY!) see to be problems and try to fix them. A "member" of Anonymous could be a waiter, a clerk, a CEO, a public school IT, a playwright, an actor, a producer, a fry cook - anyone -- Anonymous is for any and all, but they are never one. Anonymous users operate independently and have no obligation to do as others do.

Anonymous did not do Operation Wisconsin, for instance - but Operation Wisconsin was done by members of Anonymous. (Or rather, Operation Wisconsin was carried out by anonymous users who use the same communication medium and wear the same mask.)

With the increasing relevance of Anonymous in this digital age, it's important to understand what they are (or rather, aren't).

Thank you.
Very well said, and I lack the eloquence.

I always think of it as a concept of collective consciousness. But that falls short. and most can't grasp the concept.