PDA

View Full Version : FoxNews insanity knows no bounds

foofighter20x
10-24-2007, 01:43 PM
RawStory:
Fox News On CA Wildfires: Al Qaeda Did It (http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Fox_advances_theory_that_CA_fires_1024.html)

Did al Qaeda start the California wildfires?

As more than a million people escaped the flames, Fox News anchors couldn't help speculating about a terrorism link to the blazes ravaging southern California.

"I've heard some people talk about this a little bit to me, but have you heard anybody suggest that this could be some form of terrorism," Fox & Friends co-host Steve Doocy asked Wednesday morning.

Correspondent Adam Housley said he's received "hundreds of comments" from readers of his Fox News blog speculating about a link to terrorism.

Investigators have determined that one 15,000 acre fire in Orange County was deliberately set, and Housley reported that authorities arrested one man who set a hillside on fire. Causes of most other fires are still being investigated, and there has been little speculation beyond Fox News about a terror plot.

A review of Housley's blog posts about the fire reveals that his characterization of the terror fears perhaps was inflated.

Of his 15 posts on the fires, just two included speculation from commenters about a terrorism link.

"Is anyone asking how these fires started? I see no comments or speculations," observed "clyde teeter" in response to a post Tuesday. "Could it be linked to illegal alien misadventure on the border [...] Terrorism? ... If you are a journalist, then these questions need to be asked and investigated. Your coverage is admirable but the emotional journalism about the loss of peoples homes is not helping to find the causes."

Fox & Friends co-host Judge Andrew Napolitano tried to serve as the voice of reason.

"That's a fear, Adam, but is there any evidence of it?" the judge asked.

Such skepticism could not last, though.

Later Wednesday, Fox anchors returned to fanning the terror fears, digging up a four-year-old FBI memo and presenting it as new information relating to an al Qaeda link to the fires.

In June of 2003, FBI agents in Denver detailed an al Qaeda detainee's discussion of a plot to set forest fires around the western United States, although investigators couldn't determine whether the detainee was telling the truth, and his plot did not include setting fires in California.

Such small discrepancies in dates and details proved to be no obstacles for Fox anchors, who reported that the memo was from "late June of this year" and "is just popping up this morning."

The memo was first reported by the Arizona Republic in July 2003, although a Fox anchor said it was reported "five days ago." That confusion seems to stem from an inability to read the date on an Associated Press account of the memo from the time it was first reported.

A July 11, 2003, AP story, still available online via USA Today, reported, "The contents of the June 25 memo from the FBI's Denver office were reported Friday by The Arizona Republic."

On Fox, that information became, "The June 25 memo from the FBI's Denver offices was reported three days ago, excuse me five days ago, by the Arizona Republic."

Further distorting the report, Fox failed to mention a key caveat from the 2003 AP story they appear to have ripped from.

"Rose Davis, a spokeswoman for the National Interagency Fire Center in Boise, told The Associated Press that officials there took note of the warning but didn't see a need to act further on it."

:rolleyes:

winston_blade
10-24-2007, 01:49 PM
I saw a baby born with antlers in a tabloid once, so stranger things have been proven true.

Mortikhi
10-24-2007, 01:57 PM
I heard Al Quada terrorists were spotted in California with enough fans to generate those record-breaking wind gusts.

Johnnybags
10-24-2007, 02:07 PM
I heard Al Quada terrorists were spotted in California with enough fans to generate those record-breaking wind gusts.

That started em, they are going bankrupt so now its build,build,build. If the insurers pay off?

Primbs
10-24-2007, 02:10 PM
We are over there, so we don't have to fight them over here. I wonder if the terrorists just ambled across the border while Chertoff was lobbying the Senate for Immigration Amnesty.

garrettwombat
10-24-2007, 02:19 PM
my god California has wildfires every year and huge one about every 10 years. i don't even know why the idiots still live over there.

i think fox news is just having fun now, they are probably laughing saying "we can make these suckers believe anything"...

Cindy
10-24-2007, 02:40 PM
What is Fox going to report next, that al queda were the ones putting lead paint on CXhinese made toys being shipped to America.

Holy Crap that above story is beyond paranoid. And Hannity calls RP supporters conspiracy theorists, all the while they are entertaining the idea that Al Queda started the annual California Wild Fire.

Maybe we should e-mail Fox, with no mention of Paul, and call them conspiracy crazy paranoid theorists for even suggesting such a thing.

Sparx
10-24-2007, 02:48 PM
LMAO@Fox

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/Sparx0326/smokey.jpg

Original_Intent
10-24-2007, 04:18 PM
This just in:

One of the wildfires was determined to be started by gasoline. Further investigation by this reporter reveals that the source of the petroleum product was from the Islamofascist Middle East.

It has also been determined that many cars have been destroyed in the conflagration. These vehicles were also filled with petroleum products that also were infiltrated into this country.

It is clear that our efforts in the Middle East have not been sufficient. Terrorists continue to smuggle these explosive materials into our country at a rate that would simply frighten most Americans if they were aware. Many bellieve that Russia is also getting involved, as Putin recently visited the area, probably to discourage the Muslim fanatics from shipping the explosive materials to the U.S.
The subterfuge is obvious - if they refuse to give it to us that will only make us want it more! A truly twisted and evil individual!

Not to worry. The President with the authorization of his lawyers is taking action by a massive air drop of gasoline to extinquish the flames and save the great state of California. This technique has been proven by the same method used to put out political fires in Iraq and the rest of the world.

Al Gore applauded the action as the more gasoline used to fight wildfires, the less there will be available for evil, evil combustion engines to consume! A second Nobel Peace prize will be awarded for his astute analysis.

Stay tuned - we will keep you posted with all the information that you need to know,as always.

:)

RP4ME
10-24-2007, 06:55 PM
That started em, they are going bankrupt so now its build,build,build. If the insurers pay off?

Yes b/c acts of war are not covered! Lets not forget that - so who wins?????These people many wont be able to rebuild so it seems like some stealin to me!!!!! Hmmmm who could be such a thief?

RP4ME
10-24-2007, 06:57 PM
LMAO@Fox

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/Sparx0326/smokey.jpg

Ahh those were the days PSa anoouncements from Smokey bear not today's use a condom so you dont get a disease......

This is all so upsetting

RP4ME
10-24-2007, 06:58 PM
What is Fox going to report next, that al queda were the ones putting lead paint on CXhinese made toys being shipped to America.

Holy Crap that above story is beyond paranoid. And Hannity calls RP supporters conspiracy theorists, all the while they are entertaining the idea that Al Queda started the annual California Wild Fire.

Maybe we should e-mail Fox, with no mention of Paul, and call them conspiracy crazy paranoid theorists for even suggesting such a thing.

good idea