PDA

View Full Version : Documentary: How Weed Won the West

dannno
03-22-2011, 09:31 PM
AJ makes a few appearances in this documentary that is mostly about the California medical marijuana industry.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/188913/how-weed-won-the-west

muzzled dogg
03-22-2011, 09:34 PM
i preferred this to the union business behind getting high, or whatever that one is

Trigonx
03-22-2011, 09:39 PM
I watched that the other day on Netflix streaming.

dannno
03-23-2011, 01:56 AM
bump

sevin
03-23-2011, 09:14 AM
Watching movies like this makes me want to get high.

dannno
03-23-2011, 03:40 PM
Watching movies like this makes me want to get high.

Have you ever had some super bomb OG kush?

http://california.budtrader.com/files/classipress/indoor-grapes-and-og-94092135.jpg

Clossinfoss
03-23-2011, 04:36 PM
I suspect it's only a matter of time before full legalization of marijuana. Then again, people have been saying that for decades and it hasn't happened, so who knows?

NewRightLibertarian
03-23-2011, 04:39 PM
I suspect it's only a matter of time before full legalization of marijuana. Then again, people have been saying that for decades and it hasn't happened, so who knows?

There was never any public support to legalize until recently. There's so much marijuana out there and it has become so popular (not to mention it is a legitimate miracle drug) that they will have to legalize soon.

RM918
03-23-2011, 04:50 PM
I really hate it when I see documentaries I agree with, yet can't stand watching because they bore me to hell for some reason or another. This one's by the same guy that did American Drug War and I was only able to sit half-way through that before I had to turn it off.

dannno
03-23-2011, 04:59 PM
I really hate it when I see documentaries I agree with, yet can't stand watching because they bore me to hell for some reason or another. This one's by the same guy that did American Drug War and I was only able to sit half-way through that before I had to turn it off.

Ya I can see that, though I think this one had some pretty entertaining segments one of the flaws I would say about this one and many other documentaries on the subject is that it is mostly geared towards people who enjoy cannabis.

I'd like to see a good informational documentary that I can show to my parents or to someone who isn't enthralled with cannabis culture.

KurtBoyer25L
03-23-2011, 05:06 PM
Nice picture Dannno.

I have suspected for a while now that the 51/49 California vote was a product of complacency w/ the current situation among farmers, dealers and smokers there. I talked to a dealer the other day & she said there is a lot of concern that decriminalization will simply put monster Pharma in charge. I don't agree but it's certainly an understandable worry.

crazyfacedjenkins
03-23-2011, 05:15 PM
AJ makes a few appearances in this documentary that is mostly about the California medical marijuana industry.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/188913/how-weed-won-the-west

I heard he studied nuclear reactors...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qY2TPIqfp0

speciallyblend
03-23-2011, 05:29 PM
Nice picture Dannno.

I have suspected for a while now that the 51/49 California vote was a product of complacency w/ the current situation among farmers, dealers and smokers there. I talked to a dealer the other day & she said there is a lot of concern that decriminalization will simply put monster Pharma in charge. I don't agree but it's certainly an understandable worry.

the concern is real i have basically dropped the marijuana movement myself because the Colorado movement sold out to corporatism and the regulations are so bad. That folks are going back to the streets. To shop a medical disp you have to fill out 15 pages just to look with a med card! screw that easier to go buy a 50 bag on the street that is just as good if not better! they are basically regulating everyone to buy on the streets again!! the only reason to get a med card now in colorado is to legally grow!!

dannno
03-23-2011, 07:34 PM
bump

dannno
03-23-2011, 07:36 PM
I heard he studied nuclear reactors...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qY2TPIqfp0

That was pretty entertaining :D

QueenB4Liberty
03-23-2011, 08:58 PM
I'll watch it this weekend if you keep it bumped until then. lol

QueenB4Liberty
03-23-2011, 09:01 PM
wow ok I just watched AJ's intro. Funny. I'm going to have to come back for the whole thing.

Wineman77
03-23-2011, 09:48 PM
the concern is real i have basically dropped the marijuana movement myself because the Colorado movement sold out to corporatism and the regulations are so bad. That folks are going back to the streets. To shop a medical disp you have to fill out 15 pages just to look with a med card! screw that easier to go buy a 50 bag on the street that is just as good if not better! they are basically regulating everyone to buy on the streets again!! the only reason to get a med card now in colorado is to legally grow!!

Come on! Does your street dealer have 30+ different stains, at different price points, with a menu breaking down the indica/sativa blend, a selection of hashes, kiefs, oils, and edibles? My "medical co-op" does...

crazyfacedjenkins
03-24-2011, 01:58 AM
That was pretty entertaining :D

The guy putting them together claims to hate AJ, but he must watch a shit load of his stuff to make those videos. His channel is incredibly entertaining.