PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck: Rand Paul may be one of the only politicians I agree with and trust [8/14/09]

FrankRep
03-22-2011, 07:09 PM
Glenn Beck: Rand Paul may be one of the only politicians I agree with and trust

Edit - Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ8lgSrQagE&t=2m19s

=========

http://thenewamerican.com/images/stories2011/11aFebruary/paulteapartybook-t.001.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1455503118?ie=UTF8&tag=libert0f-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1455503118)

Freshman Kentucky Senator Rand Paul has written what should -- and may indeed -- become the new handbook of the Tea Party, The Tea Party Goes to Washington (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1455503118?ie=UTF8&tag=libert0f-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1455503118).

Rand Paul's New Tea Party Handbook (http://thenewamerican.com/index.php/reviews/books/6491-rand-pauls-new-tea-party-handbook)

Thomas R. Eddlem | The New American (http://thenewamerican.com/)
28 February 2011

AuH20
03-22-2011, 07:11 PM
Rush will never endorse him though. However, both Mark Levin & Laura Ingraham adore Rand.

VegasPatriot
03-22-2011, 07:17 PM

SOURCE (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1455503118?ie=UTF8&tag=libert0f-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1455503118)
Do you have a link for the Beck quote? The "SOURCE" link is a link to amazon for Rand's book.

kah13176
03-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Why do the same people who like Rand hate Ron? Beck bashed Ron a few years back, and Rand gets fairly favorable media coverage. I just don't get it; they have the same platform.

hard@work
03-22-2011, 07:20 PM
There needs to be some 180's on the war issue before I could accept neoconservative support.

Why do the same people who like Rand hate Ron? Beck bashed Ron a few years back, and Rand gets fairly favorable media coverage. I just don't get it; they have the same platform.

It's safer to endorse Ron Paul's views through Rand than through Ron directly. Hedging their bets if you will.

YumYum
03-22-2011, 07:20 PM

To keep Ron Paul supporters and Rand Paul supporters divided.

Feeding the Abscess
03-22-2011, 07:23 PM
It's because Rand takes public positions that are more agreeable than Ron's.

For example, Allen West was on Fox and Friends over the weekend, talking about Libya. He sounded EXACTLY like Rand, using the same talking points. Of course, West is a nutter, Rand is not.

AuH20
03-22-2011, 07:24 PM

Two points:

(1) Sometimes Ron doesn't know how to talk to republicans without indirectly insulting them. It's a very prickly issue when these republican voters have sons and daughters directly involved in these foreign adventures.
(2) the current climate is much more receptive to the Pauls' ideas. Ron has suffered the slings and arrows of demonization in order to advance the ball forward. As a result, his son is in perfect position to grab the reins of the wayward republican party during this pronounced power vacuum.

emazur
03-22-2011, 07:25 PM
Do you have a link for the Beck quote? The "SOURCE" link is a link to amazon for Rand's book.

that quote appears as a "blurb" under editorial reviews. So either Amazon or the publisher put it there, not some random internet person.

speciallyblend
03-22-2011, 07:26 PM
beck the brown noser, keep working it, grab the hips and go deeper beck!!

Southron

Pride. They don't want to look bad by changing opinion on Ron.

AGRP

From what I notice, Rand doesn't talk too much, if at all, about the CIA/AIPAC/etc.

nelsonwinters
03-22-2011, 07:32 PM

Glenn says it at about 2:40 in the following youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ8lgSrQagE

FrankRep
03-22-2011, 07:34 PM
To keep Ron Paul supporters and Rand Paul supporters divided.

Don't Ron Paul supporters like Rand Paul by default?

sparebulb
03-22-2011, 07:36 PM

.........until such time that Beck comes to an emotional epiphany that Romney/Palin/Huckster are the only politicians that he agrees with and trusts.

Feeding the Abscess
03-22-2011, 07:36 PM

No, Ron Paul supporters are behind Rand because he was Ron 2.0 while speaking during the 07/08 campaign.

emazur
03-22-2011, 07:39 PM

I wouldn't say that - I was hopeful for Rand Paul during the beginning of the campaign, began to distrust him the more I read about his policies and became hopeful but skeptical, but he's been batting a thousand since taking office and I'm back to liking him.

freshjiva
03-22-2011, 07:42 PM
Two points:

(1) Sometimes Ron doesn't know how to talk to republicans without indirectly insulting them. It's a very prickly issue when these republican voters have sons and daughters directly involved in these foreign adventures.
(2) the current climate is much more receptive to the Pauls' ideas. Ron has suffered the slings and arrows of demonization in order to advance the ball forward. As a result, his son is in perfect position to grab the reins of the wayward republican party during this pronounced power vacuum.

Agreed. You nailed it here.
I will forever hold Ron Paul with the highest esteem as a true statesman. But because of his unwillingness to compromise the idea of liberty, he unfortunately probably will never be elected to the highest office.

Rand, however, is much more diplomatic in his approach and has utilized the political climate today (Tea Party) with great skill. There's no better time to advance the Liberty platform than now, but the climate is still not ready for a 100% shift towards absolute Liberty. Rand understands this, and caters to this. That's why he's electable and Ron is probably not.

speciallyblend
03-22-2011, 07:44 PM
pride. They don't want to look bad by changing opinion on ron.

they already look bad by not listening to ron paul,

FrankRep
03-22-2011, 07:46 PM
Two points:

Nice points.

Plus, Rand Paul knows how to speak Conservative.

VegasPatriot
03-22-2011, 07:47 PM
that quote appears as a "blurb" under editorial reviews. So either Amazon or the publisher put it there, not some random internet person.

Glenn says it at about 2:40 in the following youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ8lgSrQagE
Thanks

jmdrake
03-23-2011, 11:16 AM
Nice points.

Plus, Rand Paul knows how to speak Conservative.

Ron does too. Don't forget that Ron and Rand were dealt two different hands. Rand can criticize military intervention in Libya and not be attacked because Obama is CIC and Obama's numbers are sinking even within his own party. Ron, on the other hand, had to make the case against ill advised military action at a time when Bush had over 50% popularity nationwide and stratospheric popularity within his own party.

Fredom101
03-23-2011, 11:37 AM

No, they do not have the same platform. Rand is not anti-war to the extent Ron is. Rand never talks of ending the income tax. Rand is Ron Lite. The nanny state conservatives don't feel threatened with Rand like they do with Ron.

PermanentSleep
03-23-2011, 12:32 PM
No, they do not have the same platform. Rand is not anti-war to the extent Ron is. Rand never talks of ending the income tax. Rand is Ron Lite. The nanny state conservatives don't feel threatened with Rand like they do with Ron.

Rand's emphasis is Ron lite, but I'm fairly confident they are ideologically the same.

acptulsa
03-23-2011, 12:45 PM
What could be more wonderful than a chance to stop doing the wrong thing without ever having to admit you were wrong?

Johnnymac
03-23-2011, 12:54 PM
I've noticed this happening too in my town, the tea party has always like the neocons, rom, McCain, palin, Ron Paul has been preaching this his whole life, and there are countless videos of ron telling the people and big government how it is, and the guy that I know posted rands video of his bashing of the energy fucks, why hasn't he been posting videos of rons Bashings, why did he support Romney and then McCain and now loves palin and rand but no love for the man that started it all??? Frustrating I must say

gls
03-23-2011, 01:05 PM
What could be more wonderful than a chance to stop doing the wrong thing without ever having to admit you were wrong?

Exactly! This is at the core of why many Republicans support Rand yet have nothing but disdain for Ron. As it becomes glaringly obvious that Ron's predictions have come to fruition, the decades of mocking him for his principled (and ultimately correct) policy positions is a tightly-held veiled source of embarrassment for many 'mainstream' GOPers. Since Rand has only been around for a little while, and his rise to power came on the heels of a failed Democratic administration, he is much more palpable to their ears.

Zatch
03-23-2011, 01:15 PM
Glenn Beck loves David Horowitz and Michelle Malkin too

LibertyEagle
03-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Rand, however, is much more diplomatic in his approach and has utilized the political climate today (Tea Party) with great skill. There's no better time to advance the Liberty platform than now, but the climate is still not ready for a 100% shift towards absolute Liberty.

^^
This.

trey4sports
03-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Rand's emphasis is Ron lite, but I'm fairly confident they are ideologically the same.

i would agree with this to an extent. I think Rand is MUCH MORE like Ron than his talking points and positional emphasis would lead one to believe, however, i'm not sure they are 100% aligned on all the issues.

Rand seems more like a conservative than a libertarian IMHO. Don't get me wrong, Rand is great, and I mean really really great. I just never hear him talking about things like the freedom to choose what you put in your body or how the income tax is morally unjustifiable. Now that doesn't mean that he is FOR those things it's just he communicates his disdain in a CONSERVATIVE manner which I'm not all that driven by.

I.E.

Rons rhetoric against drug prohibition goes along these lines...... In a free society it's YOUR decision to choose what you put in your body it's not a role for the state.

Rands rhetoric goes like this...... The war on drugs has failed. I want control to be as local as possible because i dont like seeing young kids get thrown in jail for using drugs and we keep filling our jail cells when they're already full. We need to have local control rather than sending our money to Washington and hoping they send some back to us.

I'm sure some of his rhetoric and speech is tied into "Tea Partyism" and talking about the economics of the issue since it was the Tea Party tidal wave that swept him into Congress. I, however, would be curious to know his unabashed, philosophical beliefs about the role of the state.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-23-2011, 01:55 PM
Several true things in this thread, but don't forget this one.

.........until such time that Beck comes to an emotional epiphany that Romney/Palin/Huckster are the only politicians that he agrees with and trusts.

Beck will discard Rand in one way or another, after using him to build up his own credibility as someone against the current political direction. Beck is a shill, though. He'll prove it again this election cycle.

low preference guy
03-23-2011, 02:03 PM
I'm sure some of his rhetoric and speech is tied into "Tea Partyism" and talking about the economics of the issue since it was the Tea Party tidal wave that swept him into Congress. I, however, would be curious to know his unabashed, philosophical beliefs about the role of the state.

I suspect they are as clear, straight-forward, and radical as Ron's views.

A free society will abide unofficial, private discrimination – even when that means allowing hate-filled groups to exclude people based on the color of their skin.

Link (http://pageonekentucky.com/2010/05/20/rand-paul-made-same-racial-comments-in-2002/)