PDA

View Full Version : 6 People in 2 days stop my father to ask him who Ron Paul is

ItsTime
10-24-2007, 01:37 PM
Lucky my father is a talker! In the past two days 6 people have stopped and asked him who Ron Paul was. He tells them his anti-war position and tells them to visit ronpaul2008.com and hands them a slim jim :D

On top of that 3 other people stop him to tell him that they plan on voting for Ron Paul. I was lucky enough to be with my father today when someone stopped him and said "I like your bumper sticker. I usually vote Dem but I switched to vote for Ron Paul. He is the only candidate that makes sense!" So we hand him a few slim jims to pass around.

Ron Paul is catching FIRE in New Hampshire! :D

DeadheadForPaul
10-24-2007, 01:38 PM
Lucky my father is a talker! In the past two days 6 people have stopped and asked him who Ron Paul was. He tells them his anti-war position and tells them to visit ronpaul2008.com and hands them a slim jim :D

On top of that 3 other people stop him to tell him that they plan on voting for Ron Paul. I was lucky enough to be with my father today when someone stopped him and said "I like your bumper sticker. I usually vote Dem but I switched to vote for Ron Paul. He is the only candidate that makes sense!" So we hand him a few slim jims to pass around.

Ron Paul is catching FIRE in New Hampshire! :D

yay! good news. I was especially glad to see the magical words: New Hampshire

spivey378
10-24-2007, 01:39 PM
I'm glad this is in New Hampshire. You guys are huge for us, and for hope in America!

Eric21ND
10-24-2007, 01:42 PM
This is funny, because I was like wow this is really great...um let's see what state...what NH!!!

Awesome.

spivey378
10-24-2007, 01:44 PM
This is funny, because I was like wow this is really great...um let's see what state...what NH!!!

Awesome.

ha. me too. i was ready to ask too. thats funny.

NinjaPirate
10-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Awwwww yeah! :cool:

bbachtung
10-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Thank you New Hampshire!

ClayTrainor
10-24-2007, 01:55 PM
woooooo NH is gonna be ours

ItsTime
10-24-2007, 02:07 PM
My father is 52 and has never donated to any one running for president. I have never seen him so excited about a candidate. Mind you, he DOES NOT have the internet either. He first saw Ron Paul on MSM and then started asking me more questions about Paul.

margomaps
10-24-2007, 02:31 PM
Man, I wish I had the confidence in NH that you all do. To me, people here are roughly as dumb and statist as most other parts of the country. The biggest difference I see is that we actually have some real freedom activists here from the Free State Project (http://www.freestateproject.org). These are the people that may sway NH in Ron's direction.

*fingers crossed* that NH will deliver for Ron on primary day.

Eric21ND
10-24-2007, 03:14 PM
Does anyone have demographic information on NH? I'm talking about maps and such to what areas will be strong support for us and where we need to work harder?

kherty
10-24-2007, 03:18 PM
This is the only map that I've ever seen:

http://reason.com/blog/show/122999.html

brumans
10-24-2007, 03:20 PM
Man, I wish I had the confidence in NH that you all do. To me, people here are roughly as dumb and statist as most other parts of the country. The biggest difference I see is that we actually have some real freedom activists here from the Free State Project (http://www.freestateproject.org). These are the people that may sway NH in Ron's direction.

Get to work! You live in New Hampshire for a reason -- take advantage of the opportunity you have!

margomaps
10-24-2007, 03:27 PM
Get to work! You live in New Hampshire for a reason -- take advantage of the opportunity you have!

Heheh, touché! I've spent plenty of time canvassing, straw-polling (in person, not online), sign-waving, and talking to passersby. Even superheroes like me need a break now and then. The forums help me recharge. :p

ItsTime
10-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Where are you? Did you check out the fund raising stats from New Hampshire? Ron Paul was second in dollars raised in New Hampshire behind Mitts "max out everyone in your family" Romney.

New Hampshire can and will be won.

shrugged0106
10-24-2007, 04:01 PM
My Dad is a Hucks fan (I havnt learned exactly why) but he said he also has an inner liking for Ron Paul too. He was kind enough to put a nice RP sign in hies front yard despite the absence of a Hucks one.

He told a similar story of at least 10 people in upstate NY stopping to ask about our candidate in the past month.

Beerhall Agitator
10-24-2007, 04:04 PM
Ron Paul is best he never gets stressed, that's why he's spreading like wildfire.

margomaps
10-24-2007, 04:12 PM
Where are you? Did you check out the fund raising stats from New Hampshire? Ron Paul was second in dollars raised in New Hampshire behind Mitts "max out everyone in your family" Romney.

New Hampshire can and will be won.

I'm a little west of Durham in the southeastern part of the state. From my vantage point, there's an alarming number of latté-sipping Massachusetts yuppy liberals, and not enough good, salt-of-the-earth, traditional independent NHers. I hope it's better in other parts of the state.

NH is doing great fundraiser-wise per-capita. But I have a sneaking suspicion this is largely due to freestaters maxing out their contributions in this small-population state. I haven't seen much evidence to suggest that the native population (or the Mass transplants) is falling for Ron. But I'm sometimes cynical by nature, and I hope against hope that I'm proven wrong come primary time.

Eric21ND
10-24-2007, 04:24 PM
That's what I was wondering per-capita NH is doing great. But I want to know bare bones numbers.

bbachtung
10-24-2007, 05:55 PM
There are "only" about 3,000 Free Staters who have made the move to NH so far, so don't overstress their importance to getting RP a win in NH. There is a reason that NH was chosen as the Free State: it has a tradition of respect for liberty, hatred of taxes, and citizen involvement in governmental decision-making (including the town hall meetings through which the overhwhelming majority of cities / towns decide what budget items to allow, etc.).