PDA

View Full Version : Would you vote for a Neocon-Ron Paul ticket?

RonPaulFanInGA
03-22-2011, 05:35 PM
Would you bite the bullet to get Dr. Ron Paul a heart beat away from the presidency?

(Yes: Giuliani/neocon would never pick Ron Paul as their Vice President nor would Ron Paul probably accept such an offer.)

QueenB4Liberty
03-22-2011, 05:37 PM
If he was the Vice President or the President? If he were the President, maybe. But I doubt he'd pick a Neo-con or a Neo-con would pick him unless it were Sarah Palin.

johnrocks
03-22-2011, 05:38 PM
Can't do it. I'll never knowingly vote for a neo con/liberal interventionist again as long as I live, I think Ron Paul is more principled anyway and wouldn't so; if he did accept the VP spot; my opinion of him would plummet.

emazur
03-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Depends on how neocon. Cheney/Paul? No (Paul would never go for it anyway). Bachmann/Paul? I guess. (she at least likes Paul and Judge Nap and invited Paul to that MN event for a speech)

axiomata
03-22-2011, 05:42 PM
Is there a terminal illness in the picture?

puppetmaster
03-22-2011, 05:43 PM
what is the point of this question?

Echoes
03-22-2011, 05:48 PM
The chance of Ron Paul picking someone like Giuliani is zilch.

Wren
03-22-2011, 05:53 PM
obvious no

RonPaulFanInGA
03-22-2011, 05:54 PM
The chance of Ron Paul picking someone like Giuliani is zilch.

It would be Rudy Giuliani picking Ron Paul....

Still a zilch chance though.

speciallyblend
03-22-2011, 06:02 PM
the purpose of this ? is to see if we would sell out! There is no way in hell ron paul would accept and if he did. I would no longer support him or the liberty movement in the gop. I would consider it a sell out! HELL NO!!!

freshjiva
03-22-2011, 06:09 PM
what is the point of this question?

None whatsoever.
We've been getting quite a few boneheaded polls on RPF lately.

juleswin
03-22-2011, 06:12 PM
4 people just want to see Ron Paul's name on some piece of paper with no real power to enact any change. Just lame.
I wouldn't vote for Ron Paul if he was VP to a neocon, wont vote for him if he became a neocon, and wont be voting for him if he abandoned the constitution libertarian agenda.

jmdrake
03-22-2011, 06:16 PM
The reason (most) Ron Paul supporters are so fanatical about him is that he is too principled to be considered by someone like Ghouliani and also too principled to accept their invitation to the dance if they offered. If Ron Paul changed on that...he wouldn't be Ron Paul.

dbill27
03-22-2011, 08:05 PM
A lot of people on here use the term neocon pretty liberally... Thats why im surprised so many say they wouldnt vote for that ticket, i dont believe in a million years the people who clicked no wouldn't vote for a mitch daniels/paul ticket verse obama. I don't consider mitch in any way to be a neo con but ive seen a lot of people on here say things like that and pretty much call anyone who isn't a straight libertarina a neocon, which is insane. So yeah, when the opposing party is running chairman obama ill vote for that ticket.

jmdrake
03-22-2011, 08:39 PM
A lot of people on here use the term neocon pretty liberally... Thats why im surprised so many say they wouldnt vote for that ticket, i dont believe in a million years the people who clicked no wouldn't vote for a mitch daniels/paul ticket verse obama. I don't consider mitch in any way to be a neo con but ive seen a lot of people on here say things like that and pretty much call anyone who isn't a straight libertarina a neocon, which is insane. So yeah, when the opposing party is running chairman obama ill vote for that ticket.

Excuse me, but did you read the poll? It didn't say "Would you vote for someone who's neocon credentials are unknown and had Ron Paul on the ticket". It said Would you vote for a GOP ticket of Rudy Giuliani for President and Ron Paul for VP? I know little of nothing about Mitch Daniels. But Ghouliani isn't fit to be leader of a Boy Scout troop let alone leader of the free world. Are there some "mainstream republicans" I might consider voting for if Paul was on the ticket? Maybe. But Ghouliani isn't one of them.

sailingaway
03-22-2011, 08:41 PM
Ron has already said he wouldn't have taken the VP from McCain because what if McCain had decided to invade Iran? Ron said he'd have to resign at that point, and you don't work for someone you disagree with that much. So it isn't an issue.

JustinTime
04-12-2011, 06:01 AM
If Ron was at the top of the ticket, I would.

cindy25
04-12-2011, 07:41 AM
Garfield picked Arthur who was in an opposing party-wing; McKinley picked Roosevelt to shut him up, JFK hated LBJ.

WilliamC
04-12-2011, 07:43 AM
Garfield picked Arthur who was in an opposing party-wing; McKinley picked Roosevelt to shut him up, JFK hated LBJ.

Gee, weren't all three of those presidents killed in office?

Things that make you go hummm......

acptulsa
04-12-2011, 07:48 AM
Gee, weren't all three of those presidents killed in office?

Things that make you go hummm......

'Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action.'--Ian Fleming

sailingaway
04-12-2011, 07:52 AM
Ron was asked in 2008 whether he would accept if McCain asked him to be VP, and he said, how could he work for someone who he disagreed with so much? That what if a week after they were sworn in, McCain wanted to hie off and bomb Iran? He said he'd have to resign.

So, it won't happen.

Johnnymac
04-12-2011, 08:24 AM
ron paul would never choose or accept from any neocon what kind of thread is this

acptulsa
04-12-2011, 08:26 AM
ron paul would never choose or accept from any neocon what kind of thread is this

Data mining and/or trolling for responses that can be used to make other Republicans mad at us, in all likelihood.