PDA

View Full Version : Paul on Cavuto today

tangent4ronpaul
03-22-2011, 02:44 PM
pretty good and long interview covering multiple topics. Libya, the economy, the presidential race.

Cavuto showed a poll with Paul in first place w/ 17.? %, leaving the other candidates in the dust. Anyone know what poll this was?

The last part had me wondering a bit, Cavuto asked Paul if he'd announce on his show if he runs and Paul said sure if you'll tell me first when you decide to run for public office. - or something like that.

That kind of had me wondering, as Paul does what he says he will and Cavuto doesn't seem like he'd be his first choice. Ideally, I'd think it would be the Judge. On the other hand, FOX is in twice as many homes as FBN and Cavuto is management - he has a lot to say about who gets on and what's said at FOX. Might be a smart choice. His viewership is pretty good, with 1.66M in '09 and in the right demographic.

thoughts?

eduardo89
03-22-2011, 02:46 PM
it wouldn't be bad to announce on cavuto, neil seems to be quite balanced in interviewing paul and has a lot of viewers...way more than FBN

Immortal Technique
03-22-2011, 02:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tolVXNb3RFo

Airing Date March.22, 2011

Ron Paul On Cavuto Today:Talks Libya,Trump & 2012 Presidential Race

Here yeah go

low preference guy
03-22-2011, 02:47 PM
i don't know where Ron should announce. i think announcing on FOX (not FBN) is important.

specsaregood
03-22-2011, 02:49 PM
i don't know where Ron should announce. i think announcing on FOX (not FBN) is important.

I'm pretty sure I know what show/network he won't be announcing on. :)

low preference guy
03-22-2011, 02:52 PM
I'm pretty sure I know what show/network he won't be announcing on. :)

Rachel Maddow on MSNBC?

specsaregood
03-22-2011, 02:53 PM
Rachel Maddow on MSNBC?

And we have a winner. she dun screwed up.

civusamericanus
03-22-2011, 02:55 PM
O’Reilly isn't going to get any love either :)

Qdog
03-22-2011, 03:03 PM
On the Alex Jones show? :)

tangent4ronpaul
03-22-2011, 03:06 PM
He announced on C-SPAN last time, and unfortunately the host wasn't a fan. That could have gone a lot better if he'd requested being on a particular Hosts show. Gretta would have been good.

Sola_Fide
03-22-2011, 03:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tolVXNb3RFo

Airing Date March.22, 2011

Ron Paul On Cavuto Today:Talks Libya,Trump & 2012 Presidential Race

Here yeah go

Wheres Gunny's clip?

KramerDSP
03-22-2011, 03:09 PM
I'm sure you all remember the Don Black smear interview where Ron made Cavuto so ashamed, Cavuto couldn't even look him in the eye at the end. Call me naive, but I think Cavuto had a moment of soul-searching and convinced himself to never disrespect Paul again. I think Cavuto, more than anybody, clarifies Ron's positions to the average viewer with the positive leading questions he asks.

specsaregood
03-22-2011, 03:13 PM
On the Alex Jones show? :)

Only if he wants to lose again.

KramerDSP
03-22-2011, 03:16 PM
Neil is trying not to crack up at the end. He looks like he's thinking, "Man, this guy is answering questions in ways no other politicans would. He's the real deal".

"Trump said you are unelectable" - "Well, it WILL be hard for me to win, but people said Obama would never get elected and look what happened there".

"Could Trump win?" - "Sure, if he puts his name on the ballot and spends all his money".

RP is one a kind. That's for sure. I was trying to imagine what Romney or Huckabee's responses to those questions would be.

RonPaulFanInGA
03-22-2011, 03:17 PM
Cavuto showed a poll with Paul in first place w/ 17.? %, leaving the other candidates in the dust. Anyone know what poll this was?

Guessing it was this recent California GOP straw poll, which Ron Paul won with 17.8% of the vote:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?284224-Ron-Paul-wins-2012-straw-poll-at-California-GOP-convention

low preference guy
03-22-2011, 03:18 PM
"Could Trump win?" - "Sure, if he puts his name on the ballot and spends all his money".

i actually thought that was inconsistent with RP's style. he should've left the dig about the money out.

KramerDSP
03-22-2011, 03:20 PM
Piers Morgan. The entire hour. Tell Piers Morgan that you'll have a big announcement on his show, and ask for the full hour to discuss your platform.

I think it would work. He gets 45 commerical-free minutes to fully explain his platform to a Brit, who will almost certainly argue for universal health care and intervention in other domestic sectors. This will allow RP to hit home run after home run and attract more supporters, dispelling myths right off the bat! The debates are less than 50 days away, and I think he needs to announce on Piers Morgan 3 weeks before the first debate.

IDefendThePlatform
03-22-2011, 03:20 PM
I like Cavuto so far. O'reilly would have much better viewership, but I would think give a less friendly interview.

Sola_Fide
03-22-2011, 03:24 PM
The poll was a RLC poll.

The Dark Knight
03-22-2011, 03:29 PM
If I had my guess i say he announces on Freedom watch.

HOLLYWOOD
03-22-2011, 03:33 PM
He announced on C-SPAN last time, and unfortunately the host wasn't a fan. That could have gone a lot better if he'd requested being on a particular Hosts show. Gretta would have been good.

It's all marketing and Sales now... It has to be a well coordinated conference with open everything to get PRESS to bite. Even as far as asking some of the media about advertising rates and windows, on & on.

That was a good interview between Cavuto and Ron. Ron was acute and cognizant of the even the poll. Funny how Ron got a jab in on TRUMP. How he fair in that Texas poll?

I wish one of them would of mentioned the Nobel Peace Prize award recipient when talking about Ron's legislation to stop and bring the Libyan issue to the floor.

freshjiva
03-22-2011, 03:33 PM
I have a wacky theory about why Ron hasn't announced his candidacy yet: he's waiting for the Judge to be promoted to Fox News.

Imagine that...

Ron announces on the debut show of Freedom Watch on Fox News in primetime with over 1 million viewers :)

KramerDSP
03-22-2011, 03:35 PM
I have a wacky theory about why Ron hasn't announced his candidacy yet: he's waiting for the Judge to be promoted to Fox News.

Imagine that...

Ron announces on the debut show of Freedom Watch on Fox News in primetime with over 1 million viewers :)

Wow! This might make sense.

Matt Collins
03-22-2011, 03:39 PM
Wheres Gunny's clip?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc1j2uUx-do&feature=player_embedded

getch36
03-22-2011, 03:47 PM
I thought RP was great today and was glad that he got those few digs in on Trump.

TXcarlosTX
03-22-2011, 04:06 PM
Rachel Maddow on MSNBC?

She is 1 for 1

If a Paul announces candidacy on her show they win!!!

Im just saying...

LibertyEagle
03-22-2011, 04:08 PM
She is 1 for 1

If a Paul announces candidacy on her show they win!!!

Im just saying...

Republicans are not going to be fond of Maddow. Since he would be running for the Republican nomination, it makes no sense for him to announce on a show that Republicans disdain.

low preference guy
03-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Republicans are not going to be fond of Maddow. Since he would be running for the Republican nomination, it makes no sense for him to announce on a show that Republicans disdain.

Note to Ms. Sarcasm: TXcarlosTX is not being serious.

nate895
03-22-2011, 05:25 PM
I liked his shot back at Trump. "Where was Trump in that poll?" I think Trump bit off a bit more than he could chew in his insults this go around. Generally people freak out when he attacks them, but Ron Paul has been calm, cool, and witty.

Arklatex
03-22-2011, 05:31 PM
Imagine that...

That'd be cool but he'd have to go on Cavuto that same day or he'd get jealous~!

I have a feeling though that Rand is going to be the man.

QueenB4Liberty
03-22-2011, 05:36 PM
I don't think it will be on Freedom Watch.

I love how jolly he was in this interview.