PDA

View Full Version : Would you vote for a Neocon Pres/Rand Paul (nonneocon) VP ticket?

libertybrewcity
03-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Would you vote for a Neocon Pres/Rand Paul (nonneocon) VP ticket?

I think it would give Rand an opportunity, but it would definitely be hard to vote for the ticket.

sailingaway
03-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Does the neocon have some terminal disease? With a really short fuse?

Because first, I don't see Rand signing up to be a yes-man to a neocon, it would poison his record, and second, I think he'd have much more influence in the Senate.

Guitarzan
03-21-2011, 08:01 PM
This is a trick question. If Rand accepted a position like that, he'd have been a neocon all along.

Sola_Fide
03-22-2011, 01:32 AM
If it was DeMint, then I might think about it. A DeMint/Paul ticket would be good for fiscal issues...including foreign intervention.

Echoes
03-22-2011, 02:16 AM
I dont think either Pauls should compromise their principles and run with a NeoCon. They'd lose credibility in my eyes.

speciallyblend
03-22-2011, 03:17 AM
hell no

steph3n
03-22-2011, 04:21 AM
NO.

and more I'd never speak highly, give a dime, or trust anything said by him. But I don't think he'd do it anyway :)

Son of Detroit
03-22-2011, 04:56 AM
Possibly. It would certainly give Rand a stepping stone to the presidency.

JamesButabi
03-22-2011, 09:01 AM
I don't think I could but many people lump the Neocon status to someone I might support. Gary Johnson / Rand Paul. Fine by me!

sailingaway
03-22-2011, 09:48 AM
If it was DeMint, then I might think about it. A DeMint/Paul ticket would be good for fiscal issues...including foreign intervention.

De Mint isn't a neocon. He's a conservative who just isn't in the liberty movement. He doesn't worship war for the power it gives individuals domestically and use religion to manipulate people. He is truly religious, and just disagrees with us on the amount of military that is advisable. He also lets religious views dictate political views more than we like. However, neocon requires an ATTRACTION to a bigger state for global goals, using military to further those global goals, and I honestly don't see it with him. I think there are more kinds of conservatives than just us.

That being said, I MIGHT vote for De Mint if Rand were VP, because I think Rand wouldn't be marginalized as much and could cut a deal where he gets to stretch his wings a bit. But that would be in the general election, not in the primary.

I expect to vote for Ron or, if he doesn't run, Rand, in the primary.

johnrocks
03-22-2011, 10:06 AM
No, I swore after I screwed up an voted for Bush that I'd NEVER vote for anyone who is not crystal clear on their foreign policy again so if a neocon is on the ticket;especially on top; this man is saying not no but hell no.

Teaser Rate
03-22-2011, 10:39 AM
Of course.

specsaregood
03-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Does the neocon have some terminal disease? With a really short fuse?

Being a neocon at the top of a Paul ticket is itself a terminal disease...if you catch my drift. note: not a threat, just an observation

Zap!
03-22-2011, 04:20 PM
Hell yeah, I'd vote for two neo-cons over Obummer.

Zap!
03-22-2011, 04:22 PM
No, I swore after I screwed up an voted for Bush that I'd NEVER vote for anyone who is not crystal clear on their foreign policy again so if a neocon is on the ticket;especially on top; this man is saying not no but hell no.

At least Bush gave us two great Supreme Court Justices. If neo-con McCain were elected, as bad as he is, the nightmare of Roe vs. Wade would be over right now.

Imperial
03-22-2011, 04:46 PM
Yep, I think Rand would have a tempering influence.

Dreamofunity
03-22-2011, 05:22 PM
No.

johnrocks
03-22-2011, 05:34 PM
At least Bush gave us two great Supreme Court Justices. If neo-con McCain were elected, as bad as he is, the nightmare of Roe vs. Wade would be over right now.

Yeah right, Roe v Wade is not so high on my priority list as to fold like a cheap chair to vote for a neo con;no matter who their #2 is..

Maximus
03-22-2011, 05:36 PM
Yes, gotta think big picture.

JCLibertarian
03-22-2011, 05:45 PM
No, I wouldn't support it. All it would do is muzzle Rand Paul and make him irrelevant in the Senate. He would lose his platform and his vote(also his ability to filibuster). It would be very similar to McKinley muzzling Roosevelt and keeping him in a politically irrelevant position so as to prevent him from attaining power and popular support. I probably wouldn't support Rand if he decided to run afterwards for his decision to stand behind the crimes of a Neo-Conservative administration. And I don't think he would ever do it, and sacrifice his principles in such a manner.

RonPaulFanInGA
03-22-2011, 06:00 PM

The Democratic Senate majority would never have confirmed a pro-life U.S. Supreme Court pick from John McCain. Especially with Roe vs. Wade sitting at a probable five for keeping it and four for overturning it.

Gotta admit, John McCain would be preferable though to what's in the White House now. The one thing Barack Obama had going for him is the thought of him being less hawkish than McCain; but now, with Afghanistan and Libya, even that is gone. If Obama lost in 2008: we'd have no Obamacare, no 'wise latina' sitting on the Supreme Court, no rabidly anti-gun U.S. Attorney General....

amisspelledword
03-22-2011, 06:40 PM
De Mint isn't a neocon. He's a conservative who just isn't in the liberty movement. He doesn't worship war for the power it gives individuals domestically and use religion to manipulate people. He is truly religious, and just disagrees with us on the amount of military that is advisable. He also lets religious views dictate political views more than we like. However, neocon requires an ATTRACTION to a bigger state for global goals, using military to further those global goals, and I honestly don't see it with him. I think there are more kinds of conservatives than just us.

That being said, I MIGHT vote for De Mint if Rand were VP, because I think Rand wouldn't be marginalized as much and could cut a deal where he gets to stretch his wings a bit. But that would be in the general election, not in the primary.

I expect to vote for Ron or, if he doesn't run, Rand, in the primary.

quality post. +rep