PDA

View Full Version : Targeting Voters

beerista
10-24-2007, 12:52 PM
Ron Paul's message is of limited government. Many have been wronged by big government. These people do not necessarily know of Dr Paul or how his policies would help them in their cause. We should let them know.
I'm thinking of victim targeted voter campaigns. Thing is this: find out who's been screwed over by a big government program and specifically send literature to them.
Been audited by the IRS? You get a Paul pamphlet specifically touting his anti-income tax positions.
Been incarcerated for non-violent federal drug offenses? You get a pamphlet about how Paul would work to end the federal War on Drugs.
Etc., etc.
Probably easy enough to find out who's in jail on drug charges. Obviously convicted felons can't vote, but their families will have witnessed the crushing power of these policies and might be swayed to the only candidate who might do something about it.
Don't know if there is a way to find the names and addresses of those who have suffered foreclosure, imprisonment, or other hardships at the hands of the IRS, but it may be possible.
There are obvious image concerns: Paul can't be seen as courting lawbreakers. Don't know how to do this otherwise, though.
Thoughts?

beerista
10-24-2007, 05:51 PM
Okay, now that everyone's home from work. Looking for thoughts, feelings, whatever.*
I thought it was a rather strange idea, too. So don't be shy about telling me why you think it's the worst thing you've ever heard. Of course, don't be shy about telling me I'm a genius, either. Promise I won't let it go to my head.
Off to watch the World Series now; will check back later.

*Almost looks like I'm not bumping my own thread, doesn't it?

Primbs
10-25-2007, 03:20 AM
I would target gun owners as well. There are certain lists out there maintained by the government.