PDA

View Full Version : Obama claims Gadhafi is a danger to U.S.

cswake
03-21-2011, 04:27 PM
To fall under the War Powers Resolution (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?284330-War-Powers-Resolution), he had to make it a National Security issue so that the action was lawful...

http://www.salon.com/news/libya/index.html?story=/politics/war_room/2011/03/21/obama_makes_libya_case

To summarize, the argument goes something like this: Gadhafi quells the rebellion, causing Libyans to flee to other countries like Egpyt, causing unspecified "instability" that would in turn cause damage to unspecified national security interests of the U.S. Therefore we can't let Gadhafi quell the rebellion. How many members of Congress or the public is that going to convince?

For good measure, I would have preferred that they play up the "2 tons of Mustard Gas" and "Lockerbie Bombing" angle and say that Gadhafi is a terrorist to really get a solid coalition of the entire Congress behind it.

Brooklyn Red Leg
03-21-2011, 04:29 PM
To fall under the War Powers Act, he had to make it a National Security issue so that the action was lawful...

Wonder when we're going to see signs "Obama lied, people died". What a fucking load of bullshit. Threat my ass.

sailingaway
03-21-2011, 04:30 PM
Talk about trying to justify it in the rear view mirror!

LOL! If that happened he'd call them refugees and charter them a boat! Is he changing his position on this across the board or do Libyans have a particular type of cooties only to be found in Libya?

pcosmar
03-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Well of course he will.

In other news,,the price per barrel of oil has gone up $2 since the bombing started.
And the folks on Wall Street are making lots of money.

sailingaway
03-21-2011, 04:37 PM
... and shooting a 100 million dollar missiles into a country doesn't cause people to leave....?

this whole line of thought raises more questions than it answers....

Kotin
03-21-2011, 04:38 PM
Fuck you Barack Obama.

sailingaway
03-21-2011, 04:39 PM
President Obama is making the case for the war in an open letter to the speaker of the House and the president of the Senate.

OK, this is not funny. I'm going to contact my rep and Senators and make sure they can't pretend they don't know what I, at least, think of this.

puppetmaster
03-21-2011, 04:39 PM
obama is a threat to the US.......and poses and immediate danger, as do most of our congress critters

cswake
03-21-2011, 04:40 PM
Money quote:

Obama has...

Completely validated Bush and Iraq.

RM918
03-21-2011, 04:44 PM
At least Bush lied up a somewhat credible reason to go in, this is the sort of thing you'd get if you asked a teenager who didn't do his homework.

Stary Hickory
03-21-2011, 05:02 PM
... and shooting a 100 million dollar missiles into a country doesn't cause people to leave....?

this whole line of thought raises more questions than it answers....

No because those people will now be dead....they have it all figured out.

Stary Hickory
03-21-2011, 05:03 PM
double post somehow

Nic
03-21-2011, 05:03 PM
Well he is right...Gadhafi is a threat to the U.S. NOW THAT WE DROPPED 110 CRUISE MISSILES ON HIM. Thank you Mr. Obamush for creating more terrorists :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: