PDA

View Full Version : 4000 more death trophy pictures?

Agorism
03-21-2011, 03:58 PM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/82798.html

The American soldiers took more than 4,000 photos of their civilian Afghan kills and “trophies,”but the evidence is, as usual, being hidden from us and the world. And we know what little we know thanks to a foreign news source (Der Spiegel, in this case). And btw, I do not for a minute believe that this was a “rogue” outfit, but typical of at least a substantial minority—the men who join the army because they enjoy killing. They called it the Phoenix Program in Vietnam, murder squads sent to kill civilians to terrorize villages suspected of disloyalty to DC. John Kerry was one of the war criminals. How ironic that the neocons targeted him as insufficiently bloody. (Thanks to Travis Holte)

ronpaulhawaii
03-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Isn't it Sen Bob Kerrey who was part of the Phoenix, and Sen John Kerry who gave controversial congressional testimony about it?

sailingaway
03-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Look, I know this isn't going to be popular here, but they are sending 18 year olds and telling them it's ok to kill people because they are 'other' and evil. Of COURSE they objectify and belittle their opponents under those circumstances. It is how they are deadened for combat.

We shouldn't use our army unless we need to break and destroy things. It is the best in the world, at that. It is not suited for other purposes.

heavenlyboy34
03-21-2011, 04:42 PM
I posted a thread about this on another forum where more warhawks reside, and it was basically shrugged off. ("so what?") It's pretty sad that people think like that. :(

heavenlyboy34
03-21-2011, 04:43 PM
Look, I know this isn't going to be popular here, but they are sending 18 year olds and telling them it's ok to kill people because they are 'other' and evil. Of COURSE they objectify and belittle their opponents under those circumstances. It is how they are deadened for combat.

We shouldn't use our army unless we need to break and destroy things. It is the best in the world, at that. It is not suited for other purposes.

That's another of the numerous problems with standing armies. :P

Stary Hickory
03-21-2011, 05:17 PM
I think people should be careful before they paint entire swaths of our military with such crimes. These guys did some awful things, they are already in the process of being punished. I don't for a minute think this is a common occurrence. It can happen yea, but to say that a certain portion of out military (fellow Americans) are sadistic killers shows a certain amount of out of touchness.

t0rnado
03-21-2011, 05:23 PM
I think people should be careful before they paint entire swaths of our military with such crimes. These guys did some awful things, they are already in the process of being punished. I don't for a minute think this is a common occurrence. It can happen yea, but to say that a certain portion of out military (fellow Americans) are sadistic killers shows a certain amount of out of touchness.

They know that they're signing up to kill innocent people who didn't harm the US at all and they know they're getting paid to do it. They're worse than sadistic murderers and serial killers since they get expect to get paid to torture and slaughter innocent people.

outspoken
03-21-2011, 05:55 PM
You guys need to read The Lucifer Effect which was written by none other than the Zimbardo who performed some of the most notable sociological studies of the 20th century. Evil is in us all and when we fall prey to thinking that we are self-righteous the seeds to such atrocities are planted. War is hell and brings out the worst in humanity.... and at times attracts sociopathies to join in the cause.

HOLLYWOOD
03-21-2011, 06:00 PM

^^^^ Yes, it's indoctrination, brainwashing, culture training, whatever you want to call it.

None of this should of ever happened in the first place, but the puppets in Washington DC are controlled by wealthy corporations and special interest that take us overseas to destroy and keep the MATRIX going.

It's the leaders and heads of the state that need to be held accountable.