PDA

View Full Version : A Quick Success Story

rockwell
10-24-2007, 12:42 PM
A couple of minutes ago I looked through my window and noticed two employees of a local business- a home builder on the verge of insolvency- were standing outside taking a smoke break, I walked out and struck up a conversation about business (ugly), asked them if they'd heard about Ron Paul, grabbed two slim jims and within five minutes had two converts.

One was about 65, a woman the other was a 22 year old male. After looking at the literature the quote was, "I agree with everything, how come I haven't heard about him?"

One man, five minutes, two more Ron Paul voters- ZERO MEDIA COVERAGE.

Stop thinking about the media and start talking to people.

margomaps
10-24-2007, 12:52 PM
Well done, rockwell! Thanks for sharing.

rockwell
10-24-2007, 12:55 PM
The lady just came back to my office and asked for a handful of flyers to pass out to her friends.

alexlcameron
10-24-2007, 12:55 PM
Great stuff I have converted around 5 people now. I have even offered to pick people up and take them to vote.

werdd
10-24-2007, 12:58 PM
awesome man this is how we win the election

lucius
10-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Many hands make light work! Your are on track, way to go!

margomaps
10-24-2007, 01:01 PM
The lady just came back to my office and asked for a handful of flyers to pass out to her friends.

Now THAT is awesome. Did you actually see the lightbulb in her head the moment it clicked on? :D

Bradley in DC
10-24-2007, 01:04 PM
In DC, our neighbors are so surprised and thrilled to know there's another Republican in their midst they're like children on Christmas when we approach them. :)

bolidew
10-24-2007, 01:04 PM
Good work!

rockwell
10-24-2007, 01:07 PM
It's the easiest thing I have ever done, bar none. I haven't had a single person- scratch that, yes I have, a democratic lobbyist who lives down the street- other than him who haven't been receptive if not outright enthusiastic. Maybe it's where I live, but it's like some weird mojo like a Jedi mind trick.

"You are going to vote for this man."

"I am going to vote for Ron Paul."

It's starting to freak me out, maybe I'm in the wrong business.

margomaps
10-24-2007, 01:10 PM
It's the easiest thing I have ever done, bar none. I haven't had a single person- scratch that, yes I have, a democratic lobbyist who lives down the street- other than him who haven't been receptive if not outright enthusiastic. Maybe it's where I live, but it's like some weird mojo like a Jedi mind trick.

"You are going to vote for this man."

"I am going to vote for Ron Paul."

It's starting to freak me out, maybe I'm in the wrong business.

The force is strong with you. Use it wisely.

JoshLowry
10-24-2007, 01:18 PM
Rockwell wins the post of the day. Please keep encouraging us internet addicts to turn off our computers. ;)

bbachtung
10-24-2007, 01:45 PM
The product sells itself. Thanks for exposing them to the must-have item of the century, Rockwell.

In what state are you converting these people?

rockwell
10-24-2007, 02:00 PM
I'm in New Jersey.