PDA

View Full Version : Todd Young is not a liberty republican!

bwlibertyman
03-21-2011, 10:11 AM
I just want to update some people. Todd Young is not a liberty republican. I remember reading a thread a couple months ago stating that Todd Young might be a liberty republican because on his website he didn't clearly come out and say "I AM A NEOCON".

Todd Young is very close to being a neocon. He wrote a note on facebook talking about how America has a duty to help out oppressed people all around the world. I guess this is closer to a Bill Clinton war hawk as opposed to a neocon hawk. Here is his facebook note to explain. Don't trust this man. He voted to authorize the patriot act again. He voted on these continuing resolutions.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/rep-todd-young/statement-on-presidents-military-action-in-libya-without-consulting-congress/206804736011665

Sola_Fide
03-21-2011, 10:12 AM
Yeah. Todd got some noteriety from some Indiana Tea Parties, but he never impressed me.

acptulsa
03-21-2011, 10:35 AM
There's an Indiana state forum, and if you put a duplicate thread there (not something I usually recommend) or asked the mods to move this one there, it would stay high on the list for a long time. There's not much traffic on the state forums, but it would get seen by people who need to see it most, and stay near the surface for a good long while.

Thanks for the vigilance.

Sola_Fide
03-21-2011, 10:47 AM
By the way, I just thought I'd throw this anecdote out there since I have lived and been active in both states: the Kentucky tea parties are more non-interventionist than the Indiana tea parties. Again, this is just my opinion from my experiences with both.

erowe1
03-21-2011, 10:50 AM
Todd Young is definitely an establishment Republican and always has been. One of the guys who was in the primary against him, and who did pretty well IIRC, was much closer to RP than Young is.

bwlibertyman
03-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Todd Young is definitely an establishment Republican and always has been. One of the guys who was in the primary against him, and who did pretty well IIRC, was much closer to RP than Young is.

Yeah, the guy was Travis Hankins. I think he's going to run again.