PDA

View Full Version : The New York Times - A Ban on Ron Paul Supporters

Ron Paul News
10-24-2007, 12:36 PM
Excerpt: "(Early this year, RedState, which features several bloggers, was bought by Eagle Publishing, a company that also owns Regnery Publishing and Human Events, among other ventures that cater to conservative Republicans.)"
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/The_New_York_Times_A_Ban_on_Ron_Paul_Supporters

JoshLowry
10-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Where is the NYTimes article?

KewlRonduderules
10-24-2007, 12:39 PM
here:

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/10/24/a-ban-on-ron-paul-supporters/

Bradley in DC
10-24-2007, 12:51 PM
True Paul supporters should be ashamed for actions and posts that put the good doctor in a bad light. No one said life was fair, grew up if you want to help.

Brinck Slattery
10-24-2007, 12:53 PM
True Paul supporters should be ashamed for actions and posts that put the good doctor in a good light. No one said life was fair, grew up if you want to help.

wait, what?

steph3n
10-24-2007, 12:58 PM
I really think the mean good doctor ina bad light............

Bradley in DC
10-24-2007, 12:59 PM
wait, what?

Juvenile jerk off antics of some supporters are causing sites to categorically ban Paul supporters. Not really the approach that wins us converts (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22909) and not the kind of press Dr. Paul wants.

Better to do something productive (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=28349).

Chibioz
10-24-2007, 01:00 PM
"True Paul supporters should be ashamed for actions and posts that put the good doctor in a good light."

typo?

steph3n
10-24-2007, 01:02 PM
Bradley is thinking in a good good good positive way......and I think typed it instead of the other opposite word :)

rockwell
10-24-2007, 01:03 PM
You are mistaken if you think Regnery or Human Events doesn't support RP, I know William Regnery and belong to an elist where this particular set posts and they are nearly unanimous in their support.

The NYT is a lost cause.

Elwar
10-24-2007, 01:06 PM
The name of the site is "Red State". Of course Ron Paul wouldn't be welcome there.

SouthernGuy15
10-24-2007, 01:07 PM
People are forgetting any neocon website will make up any excuse to ban Ron Paul's supporters.

steph3n
10-24-2007, 01:09 PM
SouthernGuy,

Your signature text takes up my whole screen, please reduce the size. you can say what you wish but this text size is really bad on my LCD.

RockEnds
10-24-2007, 01:12 PM
I have no idea what anyone has said on that website. I've been trying to keep up on the web, but....

Remember, liberty is about individual rights. As far as I know, Ron Paul has personally done nothing to offend this website. If certain individuals who claim to support Ron Paul (and only they know the truth of that matter) have crossed lines, those individuals could/should be banned. Instead, RedState banned someone who may have never even visited their site.

RedState should be called out, and called out hard.

cac1963
10-24-2007, 01:22 PM
SouthernGuy,

Your signature text takes up my whole screen, please reduce the size. you can say what you wish but this text size is really bad on my LCD.

LOL this is a perfect example of the actions of a few causing the system to shut down for all, by way of each of us turning off the signatures so we don't have to see that garbage everytime one person posts on these boards.

DrNoZone
10-24-2007, 01:24 PM
SouthernGuy,

Click the little exclamation icon in the top right of his post and send a message to the moderators that his sig line is entirely inappropriate. I did.

freelance
10-24-2007, 01:35 PM
You know what? We could all be little choirboys and choirgirls and Free Republic would have still banned RP supporters.

Still doesn't excuse bad behavior. There's just no substitute for class.

steph3n
10-24-2007, 01:36 PM
Click the little exclamation icon in the top right of his post and send a message to the moderators that his sig line is entirely inappropriate. I did.

I prefer first giving people a chance to respect others.

DrNoZone
10-24-2007, 01:45 PM
I prefer first giving people a chance to respect others.

Yeah, me too...but this guy had about 5 chances with me today alone.

ItsTime
10-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Not all of them are Ron Paul supporters. They are masking themselves as such.

Juvenile jerk off antics of some supporters are causing sites to categorically ban Paul supporters. Not really the approach that wins us converts (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22909) and not the kind of press Dr. Paul wants.

Better to do something productive (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=28349).

Magsec
10-24-2007, 02:03 PM
It's easy for us to falsely disguise ourselves as, say, Romney supporters, then start swearing left and right about any other candidates. Not saying we do things like that, but it would be too easy to do so.

No doubt people are doing the same thing in RP's name.

speciallyblend
10-24-2007, 04:49 PM
I have yet to see any evidence from any of these accusations?? If there is any? are they really Ron Paul supporters(i highly doubt)? I SAY NO,sounds like alot of BS over nothing..

synthetic
10-24-2007, 05:35 PM
All Paul supporters got banned because of a few people were posting bad things?

Do they not have the ability to ban the individual offenders?

Sounds like an excuse used to justify the agenda.

torchbearer
10-24-2007, 05:44 PM
All Paul supporters got banned because of a few people were posting bad things?

Do they not have the ability to ban the individual offenders?

Sounds like an excuse used to justify the agenda.

+1, note- all they needed was an excuse and someone gave it to them, now who looks like the bad guy? i'm thinking we do... but it could be spun the other way too, unfortunately, grassroots doesn't really come supplied with a media spin department.

RickSp
10-24-2007, 05:44 PM
I can't help but enjoy the irony that the dreaded archetype of the Main Stream Media, the NY Times, is reporting that the neo-con blogosphere is shutting out Ron Paul.

Revolution9
10-24-2007, 06:08 PM

Whiner.

Randy

Revolution9
10-24-2007, 06:09 PM
Yeah, me too...but this guy had about 5 chances with me today alone.

Head honcho material right here.

I don't need no stinkin' honchos!

Randy

Revolution9
10-24-2007, 06:23 PM
Not all of them are Ron Paul supporters. They are masking themselves as such.

The web is loaded to the rafters wth RP support,. I think it is tritely amusing that all you mini tinhorn dictators waltz around here promulgating tactics and issuing decrees left and right like you are in fucking charge of something other than your own ass. You may as well stand naked on the Cliffs of Dover with your scrotums flapping in the wind wailing like a banshee at the waves to cease their endless motions. You are dealing with a force of nature. It came out of nowhere like a black Texas tornado and is gonna pin all opponents ears to the ground. The vaccuuos punditry will spew and fume and bluster as their masters pile on edict after edict to marginalize our Man. Who cares.. These clowns are bought and sold. I refuse to be trepidant at their categorisations. I despise the spineless issuance of fear based decrees meant to stifle honest dissent against these media whores. I note and can sense their fear. Hannity was shaking in his boots at his last interview with RP.. He knows not to diss him and to remain jovial or he will get his email servers ass kicked hard. Good. Laura will get a blast too..and if you think issuing directives from here will stop the onslaught then I question your sensibilities considering RP's actual support and the numbers who post here.

Best
Randy

BillyDkid
10-24-2007, 06:32 PM
The web is loaded to the rafters wth RP support,. I think it is tritely amusing that all you mini tinhorn dictators waltz around here promulgating tactics and issuing decrees left and right like you are in fucking charge of something other than your own ass. You may as well stand naked on the Cliffs of Dover with your scrotums flapping in the wind wailing like a banshee at the waves to cease their endless motions. You are dealing with a force of nature. It came out of nowhere like a black Texas tornado and is gonna pin all opponents ears to the ground. The vaccuuos punditry will spew and fume and bluster as their masters pile on edict after edict to marginalize our Man. Who cares.. These clowns are bought and sold. I refuse to be trepidant at their categorisations. I despise the spineless issuance of fear based decrees meant to stifle honest dissent against these media whores. I note and can sense their fear. Hannity was shaking in his boots at his last interview with RP.. He knows not to diss him and to remain jovial or he will get his email servers ass kicked hard. Good. Laura will get a blast too..and if you think issuing directives from here will stop the onslaught then I question your sensibilities considering RP's actual support and the numbers who post here.

Best
RandyI'm kind of agreeing with you Randy. I think people need to worry about themselves more and about others less. I would add that it is stupid not to recognize that the "establishment" opposes RP vehemently and has done so all along and do not need any excuse to disparage him. This election is about US - the real silent minority and for the first time we have a candidate running who represents us. We are done being mushrooms.

Ron Paul News
10-25-2007, 08:34 AM
Ron Paul is now getting regular coverage by leading national mainstream press. That is a major breakthrough. While he is only at 4% nationally, this represents a substantial gain, and in combination with his impressive fundraising results point to the heart of credibility and viability of his campaign.

At some point, if and when he reaches perhaps 8, 10, 12%, there will be a "tipping point", at which point his momentum, rather than incremental would become exponential.