PDA

View Full Version : Firearms Laws of NC

Southron
03-19-2011, 10:42 AM
I'm making a list of questionable firearms laws of NC as a reference. I will add more statutes as I get time. I will post parts of statutes relevant to most citizens only.

NCGS 14-34.3 Teflon-Coated Bullets

It is illegal to import, manufactured, possess, store, transport, sell, offer to buy or sell, purchase, deliver, give to another, or acquire a teflon-coated bullet.

NCGS 14-269.3 Carrying Weapons Into Asssemblies Of People, And Into Establishments Where Alcoholic Beverages Are Sold And Consumed

It is a misdemeanor to carry a firearm into any assembly of people for which a fee has been charged for admission to the.assembly, or into any establishment where alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed.

NCGS 14-288.7 Transporting Firearms During An Emergency

Except as allowed by this statute, it is a misdemeanor for anyone to transport or possess a firearm off their premises anywhere a declared state of emergency exists, or near where a riot is occurring.

NCGS 14-288.8 Weapons Of Mass Death And Destruction

A. Except as allowed by this statute, it is illegal to manufacture, assemble, possess, store, transport, sell, offer to sell, purchase, deliver, give to another, or acquire a weapon of mass death and destruction.

C."Weapons of mass death and destruction" include, among other things, a:
-firearm other than a shotgun with a barrel more than one-half inch in diameter;
-firearm capable of fully automatic fire;
-shotgun with a barrel less than 18 inches in length;
-shotgun with an overall length less than 26 inches;
-rifle with a barrel less than 16 inches in length;
-rifle with an overall length less than 26 inches;
-muffler or silencer for any firearm;
-combination of parts intended or designed to convert or assemble a weapon named above.

D. Violation of this statute is a felony.

NCGS 14-288.10 Frisking Persons During Violent Disorders

Law enforcement officers may frisk any person in order to discover firearms on that person when the officer reasonably believes that the person may become involved in an existing riot, and where the person frisk is close enough to become immediately involved in such riot.

NCGS 14-288.12 Power of Municipalities To Enact Ordinances To Deal With States of Emergency

A municipality may prohibit or restrict possession, transportation, sale, purchase, storage, and use of firearms during an emergency. Violation of this statute is a misdemeanor.

jacque
03-19-2011, 02:03 PM
Thanks. Glen needs all the research help he can get. Not enough hours in the day. Just ask Gunny and he'll tell you!

Freedom Mom

GunnyFreedom
03-19-2011, 02:11 PM
Thanks. Glen needs all the research help he can get. Not enough hours in the day. Just ask Gunny and he'll tell you!

Freedom Mom

+1

Thanks Rifleman!