PDA

View Full Version : Mike Huckabee Signs Mount that Huckabee Won’t Enter 2012 Race

Agorism
03-18-2011, 09:25 PM
Signs Mount that Huckabee Won’t Enter 2012 Race

http://dailycaller.com/2011/03/17/signs-mount-that-huckabee-wont-enter-2012-race/#ixzz1GwuVfphr

Mike Huckabee is running out of time to make up his mind on a 2012 presidential campaign – and the evidence is mounting that he will ultimately forgo another run at the White House.

The former Arkansas governor would enter the race as a formidable contender: Gallup found this week that he is the potential presidential candidate about whom Republicans feel most positively. And a Gallup poll last month found that Huckabee is one of just three Republicans – the other two are Mitt Romney and Sarah Palin – who have double-digit support from GOP primary voters.

One might think that Huckabee, who says he will announce a decision over the summer, would look at these numbers and conclude that he should jump headfirst into the race. But while he’s openly discussing a possible run, he’s sending decidedly mixed signals.

For starters: While Romney, Tim Pawlenty and other likely candidates snap up key staffers ahead of announcing their runs, Huckabee has stayed on the sidelines even as his former staffers sign on with other candidates.

Full story: Signs mount that Huckabee won’t enter 2012 race

South Park Fan
03-18-2011, 09:34 PM
If the PPP polls are right, then this benefits us.

kah13176
03-18-2011, 09:37 PM
Please please please please please please. This would put Ron Paul around a solid third.

brandon
03-18-2011, 09:51 PM
If neither Huckabee or Palin run Ron Paul will likely become a very serious contender. Looking good so far.

Original_Intent
03-18-2011, 09:55 PM
If Huck stays out, it will only be because it has been determined that he can hurt Ron more as a "neutral bystander" than as a candidate. If Ron looked to be a threat, I almost guarantee that he would repeat his "Ron Paul is the one candidate I could never support" line, whether he is a candidate or not.

HOLLYWOOD
03-18-2011, 10:13 PM
In the articles covering this... all of The Huckster's campaign staff have joined other potential candidates... Romney, Barbour, Pawlenty, etc Many have stated that if Huckleberrydoes decide to run, they may live their respective candidates and go with Mike Huckabee. (Possible Insider Agents to collect info on the competition, THEN, the Theatrics begin... Mike Huckabee to the rescue!

We will find out tomorrow at 8PM ET when Ron Paul is on "HUCKABEE".

Let's see how well premeditated; FOX, THE HUCKSTER, and the Masters of the Universe play the marginalization game on the show.

Matt Collins
03-18-2011, 10:41 PM
I think he is waiting to see if Palin announces. She is the 800lb gorilla in all of this and would be his biggest detriment.

That being said, this article leaves me with the feeling that he might just go for it next time and use this cycle to sit back, build his name even further, and make more money, and promote his book.

The Dark Knight
03-18-2011, 11:17 PM
This leaves Iowa wide Open!!!! Seriously, if Huckabee does not run we have a good shot at winning the caucus. Intrade says he only has 31% chance now of running for President.

Kregisen
03-18-2011, 11:52 PM
I'm not so sure having Huckabee stay out is good for us.....I'd rather him run and split more neocon vote.

Kludge
03-19-2011, 12:20 AM
I'm not so sure having Huckabee stay out is good for us.....I'd rather him run and split more neocon vote.
He doesn't split the Neocon vote as much as he splits the Paleocon vote, a group which RP has a lot of support from.

Check out this poll: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?283614-PPP-Paul-at-12-if-Huck-drops-out&highlight=PPP+RON+Huckabee+Palin

Can you imagine RP starting a pres. run with 15% of the GOP vote? That's incredible!

eduardo89
03-19-2011, 07:44 AM
I hope he and Palin don't run

outspoken
03-19-2011, 08:07 AM
I'd like to see RP and Huck debate Christianity given Huck's background as a minister. I'm willing to bet RP would tear him a new ass like he does when he debates liberals on the Constitution.

HOLLYWOOD
03-19-2011, 08:50 AM
Palin is in Israel this weekend to get her marching orders. I'm wondering what promissory notes Palin will accept to not run or run? Then what the well coordinated co-opting of all the grassroots and neocon backed organizations.