PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: Where does the President get authority to attack Libya?

sailingaway
03-18-2011, 07:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R325K6alVlA

tpreitzel
03-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Groveling to the authority of the UN is not only insulting to the American people, it's an act of treason which is punishable by death. Anytime an act of war occurs outside the flag of the US, i.e. a formal declaration of war by the US Congress, it's an act of treason. The acting commander in chief is literally committing American troops to an act of war (embargoes are an act of war just like the American embargo on oil to Japan preceding WW2) under the flag of the UN. Unbelievable ... Even IF the POTUS were committing troops without authorization of the UN, it's still an act of treason because the POTUS would be operating under his own flag and not the flag of the US, i.e. the WILL of the American people as determined by a formal Declaration of War from the US Congress. Most POTUS are simply insane and this latest act demonstrates the rather seedy heritage of mentally ill POTUS.

anaconda
03-18-2011, 09:33 PM
I think the lame war powers act enables the dickhead in chief to kill anybody he wants as long as he reports back to the congress within 60 days but we have to be under attack or serious threat. In other words, if Soetoro does this he should be immediately impeached.

Rothbardian Girl
03-18-2011, 10:18 PM
In a perfect world, this guy would be impeached if he does end up sending ground forces over there... unfortunately, a lot of comments on various (MSM) sites are praising Obama for "finally doing something about this problem"... What I would like to ask is, where is the authority, first of all, and where is the money for these endeavors? Will we never learn? I fear the only thing that will get the sheeple to wake up is if we are somehow utterly crushed in Libya and elsewhere as well. I do not wish harm for anyone, but I sometimes wonder if it's the only thing that will prevent future nation-building exercises. (Unfortunately, Vietnam didn't achieve that goal, so maybe there really is no hope this time around.)

sailingaway
03-18-2011, 10:36 PM
I think the lame war powers act enables the dickhead in chief to kill anybody he wants as long as he reports back to the congress within 60 days but we have to be under attack or serious threat. In other words, if Soetoro does this he should be immediately impeached.

That doesn't follow the Constitution. When the line item veto purported to delegate congressional power to the executive the Supreme Court rightly struck it down, because the separation of powers is not for the benefit of Congress or the president, but for the benefit of the people.

Matt Collins
03-18-2011, 10:50 PM
Since when does any President need authority to do anything?

Aratus
03-19-2011, 12:32 PM
thomas jefferson consulted the koran before taking on the very
secular tripoli pirates... he did so in tandem with international law.

Travlyr
03-19-2011, 12:34 PM
He gets his authority from the unlimited credit card gifted to him by the people who wish to control Libya.

heavenlyboy34
03-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Re: the vid...Ron's right in his opposition to the attack, but he accidentally used the regime's language-calling the Iraq/Afghanistan invasions/occupations "wars". kudos to RP for continuing to speak out against the regime, tho.

doodle
03-19-2011, 01:07 PM
The same place he gets authority to order execution of US citizens without a trial.

A puppet is only as good as its masters.

bunklocoempire
03-19-2011, 03:18 PM
For liberty.

Bunkloco

ClayTrainor
03-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Where does the President get authority to attack Libya?The same place Tony Soprano got authority to Whack Phil Leotardo.