PDA

View Full Version : Helen Thomas: When do I get my apology from Obama?

Agorism
03-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Quotes from her recent playboy interview

I’m not anti-Jewish; I’m anti-Zionist.”-Thomas

http://www.sunherald.com/2011/03/17/2951115/helen-thomas-is-playboys-april.html

“I want an apology from the president,” Thomas, 90, said Tuesday to the hundreds of student journalists and their advisers attending the keynote session of the annual spring convention of College Media Advisers (CMA) at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in New York City…

“Her comments were offensive,” Obama said [at the time]. “It’s a shame because Helen’s someone who has been a correspondent through I don’t know how many presidents, was a real institution in Washington, D. C. But I think she made the right decision. I think those comments are out of line, and hopefully she recognizes that.”…

At one point during the session, Shira Kaminsky, a 23-year-old student journalist at the University of Massachusetts, stood up and announced that she was a third generation Israeli.

“You said that Israelis should leave their country,” Kaminsky said, standing at the rear of the crowded room. “Where should we go?”

“Where are your grandparents from?” Thomas asked.

“Poland and Romania,” Kaminsky replied.

“Then come to America,” Thomas responded.

Agorism
03-18-2011, 05:31 PM
bump

doodle
03-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Obama's masters could unleash his "birrthceritificate hearings" in Hawaii or some other harsher spanking if he did any such thing.

eduardo89
03-18-2011, 06:15 PM
Helen Thomas > Betty White

Helen should be America's favorite 90-year old

QueenB4Liberty
03-18-2011, 07:01 PM
Helen Thomas is my favorite 90 year old. :D

BlackTerrel
03-18-2011, 07:26 PM
At one point during the session, Shira Kaminsky, a 23-year-old student journalist at the University of Massachusetts, stood up and announced that she was a third generation Israeli.

“You said that Israelis should leave their country,” Kaminsky said, standing at the rear of the crowded room. “Where should we go?”

“Where are your grandparents from?” Thomas asked.

“Poland and Romania,” Kaminsky replied.

“Then come to America,” Thomas responded.

Just to be clear this woman is a third generation Israeli. And Helen Thomas believes she should leave and come to the United States because she is a Jew.

Is that right?

erowe1
03-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Just to be clear this woman is a third generation Israeli. And Helen Thomas believes she should leave and come to the United States because she is a Jew.

Is that right?

Yep.

And she thinks Obama owes her an apology for having the gall to disagree with her about that.

But don't get her wrong, she's not anti-semitic or anything.

doodle
03-18-2011, 07:47 PM

Is that right?

Are you suggesting that that land ownership should be entitled based on number of generations for which a family has lived there regardless of them belonging to "chosen race" or not? Or do you believe some chosen race has more right to that land than the other, medieval dogma that some religious extremist people use to justify occupation of stolen land?

By this logic, Palestinian families and refugees living in camps elsewhere and in open air prison in Gaza have much more legal claim to that land than some first generation Israeli settlers who may been persecuted and abused in Russia, Paoland, New York, France by their chsritian, atheist neigbors?

BlackTerrel
03-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Are you suggesting that that land ownership should be entitled based on number of generations for which a family has lived there regardless of them belonging to "chosen race" or not? Or do you believe some chosen race has more right to that land than the other, medieval dogma that some religious extremist people use to justify occupation of stolen land?

By this logic, Palestinians families and refugess living in camps elsewhere have much more legal claim to that land to some first generation settlers because they are being abused in Russia, Paoland, New York by their Chsritian, atheist neigbors?

I have no idea what you are talking about. Could you explain why that woman should not live in Israel but should go to America as Helen said?

doodle
03-18-2011, 07:57 PM
I have no idea what you are talking about. Could you explain why that woman should not live in Israel but should go to America as Helen said?

Let me rephrase the question, do you believe arabs and jews are equal as races, none more "chosen" than the other in the eyes of G-d?

BlackTerrel
03-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Let me rephrase the question, do you believe arabs and jews are equal as races, none more "chosen" than the other in the eyes of G-d?

Yes. Now answer my question.

malkusm
03-18-2011, 08:02 PM

Point was that most of the displaced Palestinian settlers had been living on the land for hundreds of years prior to the Western world saying "Oops, our bad about Hitler" and creating the state of Israel via force. Present-day Zionists continue to take more and more because (a) the Palestinians didn't have an established system of recording property ownership via land deeds, and (b) Zionists repeatedly claim that the land is theirs by God's will.

ETA: I'm not sure why she recommended that the girl come to America, rather than going back to Poland/Romania. I also disagree with her that the two sides are at such odds that they couldn't live peaceably -- it would just require an American government that does what the rest of the modern world does: namely, calling out Israel for humanitarian violations and refusing to pay billions in aid to a government that refuses to cooperate with very basic rules.

doodle
03-18-2011, 08:04 PM

I did actually, maybe not in plain language.

A 10th generation Palestinian living in a refugee camp in another country or in an open air prison in Gaza has much stronger claim for legal ownership of the land compared to 1st, 2nd or 3rd generation settler who stole their land even if the said settler was being abused/persecuted by her/his Christian/atheist or whatever neigbors in New York, Russia, Poland etc.

Now you have not answered a single of the 3-4 questions asked that should help reveal the basis ( or lack of it) of your argument.

BlackTerrel
03-18-2011, 08:06 PM
Point was that most of the displaced Palestinian settlers had been living on the land for hundreds of years prior to the Western world saying "Oops, our bad about Hitler" and creating the state of Israel via force. Present-day Zionists continue to take more and more because (a) the Palestinians didn't have an established system of recording property ownership via land deeds, and (b) Zionists repeatedly claim that the land is theirs by God's will.

No one was there for hundreds of years. Unless they are as old as Methuselah.

The girl in question is 23 years old. The argument of Helen and most of the people on RPF is that she should leave because she is a Jew.

malkusm
03-18-2011, 08:08 PM

So you don't believe that the transfer of property from one generation to the next should be permitted?

BlackTerrel
03-18-2011, 08:10 PM
I did actually, maybe not in plain language.

A 10th generation Palestinian living in a refugee camp in another country or in an open air prison in Gaza has much stronger claim for legal ownership of the land compared to 1st, 2nd or 3rd generation settler who stole their land even if the said settler was being abused/persecuted by her/his Christian/atheist or whatever neigbors in New York, Russia, Poland etc.

Now you have not answered a single of the 3-4 questions asked that should help reveal the basis ( or lack of it) of your argument.

But you do believe that this 23 year old woman should leave because she is a Jew right?

heavenlyboy34
03-18-2011, 08:10 PM

The girl in question is 23 years old. The argument of Helen and most of the people on RPF is that she should leave because she is a Jew.

From reading the arguments, it's not that she's a jew-it's because she's a foreign national who is there without permission. This strikes me as a perfectly reasonable argument.

BlackTerrel
03-18-2011, 08:13 PM
So you don't believe that the transfer of property from one generation to the next should be permitted?

What is this even about? Should Jews be allowed to live in Israel?

The answer of Israel and this forum appears to be no. That's cool.

amy31416
But you do believe that this 23 year old woman should leave because she is a Jew right?

Didn't you say in another thread that if a Jew wanted your home, that you'd give it to him because that's the way it should be?

malkusm
What is this even about? Should Jews be allowed to live in Israel?

The answer of Israel and this forum appears to be no. That's cool.

Ok, feel free to respond to my legitimate points by insinuating that I'm anti-Semitic. That's cool, too.

BlackTerrel
03-18-2011, 08:15 PM
From reading the arguments, it's not that she's a jew-it's because she's a foreign national who is there without permission. This strikes me as a perfectly reasonable argument.

A foreign national who was born there? So third generation immigrants to the United States should leave as well.

I mean basically your solution is for six million Jews to pack their bags and come to the US? This is the solution to the mideast crisis. And as long as there are Jewish in Israel there will not be peace.

BlackTerrel
03-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Ok, feel free to respond to my legitimate points by insinuating that I'm anti-Semitic. That's cool, too.

I am not sure what the legitimate points are. Is that the rule we go by now? If your grandparents were not born in a particular country you have to leave? Is that how it works?

Perhaps we should start cleansing the US if anyone whose grandparents came here illegally.

malkusm
03-18-2011, 08:23 PM
You might want to read what I posted.

I'm not sure why she recommended that the girl come to America, rather than going back to Poland/Romania. I also disagree with her that the two sides are at such odds that they couldn't live peaceably -- it would just require an American government that does what the rest of the modern world does: namely, calling out Israel for humanitarian violations and refusing to pay billions in aid to a government that refuses to cooperate with very basic rules.

doodle
03-18-2011, 08:23 PM

I did not hear of any 23 years old settler in Helen's comment.
It seems you are not interested in a genuine exchange of views and have not answered a single question even when your question has been answered in detail.

So returning favor in kind, answer to your fallacious question will depend on wether she will be settler in a city that received US tax payers funding and sets up a hotline for people to call if she dated an arab guy or not?

Petah Tikva is sister-city of Chicago in Israel, its roads are funded by US tax payers:

Two years ago, the city of Petah Tikva created a hotline that parents and friends can use to inform on Jewish women who mix with Arab men. The women are then treated as pathological cases and sent to a psychologist.

http://www.abc.net.au/religion/articles/2011/03/05/3155971.htm

AGRP
03-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Helen Thomas and Playboy?

The two should never be mentioned together. Ever.

Wren
03-18-2011, 08:33 PM
Yep.

And she thinks Obama owes her an apology for having the gall to disagree with her about that.

But don't get her wrong, she's not anti-semitic or anything.

The word 'anti-semitic' is an overused and hackneyed term that a shocking number of people misuse daily, including some people on this forum. How the hell is Helen Thomas, who is lebanese and also semitic, an anti-semite?

amy31416
03-18-2011, 08:38 PM
Lived on for centuries? How old do you think I am?

But yes if a Jew claimed my apartment was his I would give it to him. That is how it must be done.

There's the quote from another thread...if you believe that (and you didn't dispute it nor did you say you were joking), then you are far too biased for this debate. I'm sure you disagree, but most logical people probably wouldn't.

Didn't you say in another thread that if a Jew wanted your home, that you'd give it to him because that's the way it should be?

Orgoonian
03-18-2011, 08:39 PM
A "anti-semite"is one who supports the genocide of the Palestinian peoples.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_DS3Axl118Ng/S7aPIFKNIpI/AAAAAAAAHM8/fWi748al_Es/s1600/zionism.jpg

eduardo89
03-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Helen Thomas and Playboy?

The two should never be mentioned together. Ever.

I can PM you the photo spread if you wish?

steph3n
03-18-2011, 10:42 PM
I'll start by proclaiming I am a zionist and think that the lands belong to Israel. ok that said. WHAT does it have anything to do with the US govt except the fact that we should not be supporting one side or the other? that is none of our business.

I understand that our policy is GREATLY skewed and that is wrong, it should not be, but this ongoing debate is counter to what many here proclaim otherwise saying we should denounce one side and support the other. No. We should be fully neutral.

Our job is not to be the world police protecting people around the world. now one could make the argument to be responsible we should now at least arm the other side to make it equal, but that is another matter all together :)

Edit: to be clear I am not a zionist that thinks Israel should have the land at all costs and support should be melded down from governments to do these deeds and take these lands.

HOLLYWOOD
03-18-2011, 10:52 PM

Is that right?

BT, Watch the Joy Behar interview with Helen Thomas from a couple weeks ago. That will clarify it all for you .

Here's a portion of the interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOv_Ll_Pl08

BlackTerrel
03-19-2011, 11:17 AM
There's the quote from another thread...if you believe that (and you didn't dispute it nor did you say you were joking), then you are far too biased for this debate. I'm sure you disagree, but most logical people probably wouldn't.

A stupid question got a stupid answer.

Someone asked me if a Jew told me his apartment belonged to me would I just walk up and give it to him. Yes I would give it to the dude with the nearest yamukah. Guess my sarcasm isn't clear.

For the record no I am not giving my apartment to anyone.

amy31416
03-19-2011, 11:21 AM
A stupid question got a stupid answer.

Someone asked me if a Jew told me his apartment belonged to me would I just walk up and give it to him. Yes I would give it to the dude with the nearest yamukah. Guess my sarcasm isn't clear.

For the record no I am not giving my apartment to anyone.

Didn't see the question, but no, your sarcasm wasn't clear--especially given your defense of just about anything Israel does in the occupied terrortories.

erowe1
03-19-2011, 11:22 AM
Didn't see the question, but no, your sarcasm wasn't clear--especially given your defense of just about anything Israel does in the occupied terrortories.

What specifically has Israel done in so-called "occupied territories" that he has defended?

BlackTerrel
03-19-2011, 11:22 AM
The word 'anti-semitic' is an overused and hackneyed term that a shocking number of people misuse daily, including some people on this forum. How the hell is Helen Thomas, who is lebanese and also semitic, an anti-semite?

I have heard this argument on RPF about 1,000 times. How is someone from Argentina anti-American when Argentina is part of South America.

Look everyone knows that if someone is "anti-American" they mean the US and not Brazil, Argentina, or Canada.

Are we really down to lingustics to make a point?

erowe1
03-19-2011, 11:27 AM
From what I can tell about Helen Thomas' position, it is this:

Nobody should be allowed to live or own property in the Levant unless they belong to the right group (I'm not sure what specific objective criteria she would use to determine who belongs to that group and who doesn't, but she seems to think such criteria exist). If you belong to the wrong group (i.e. Jews), then you have no right to live or own property in that region (and, again, how she would decide who does and doesn't make the cut for her definition of "Jew" I don't know).

One reason she believes this is because she doesn't like the modern nation-state of Israel. And the reason she doesn't like the modern nation-state of Israel is that they have a policy that gives special privileges to some people over others to live and own land in the Levant.

Oh, and she's not anti-semitic.

lester1/2jr
03-19-2011, 11:31 AM
ugh critics of Israel being called anti semites on RPF.

erowe1
03-19-2011, 11:36 AM
ugh critics of Israel being called anti semites on RPF.

Really? Did someone get called an anti-semite for criticizing Israel? Can you quote that?

Vessol
03-19-2011, 11:38 AM
Helen is right, the vast majority of Jews are not Semetic.

erowe1
03-19-2011, 11:39 AM
Helen is right, the vast majority of Jews are not Semetic.

What exactly does that make her right about?

TIMB0B
03-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Just to add more to this confusing debate... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F870vi8VKU&feature=player_embedded

lester1/2jr
03-19-2011, 11:43 AM
black terrel- "I mean basically your solution is for six million Jews to pack their bags and come to the US? This is the solution to the mideast crisis. And as long as there are Jewish in Israel there will not be peace. "

6 million jewish people could easily be integrated into America and/or Europe. I'ts not so outrageous. If the shit hits the fan it may HAVE to happen.

What if by some means al queda or whoever somehow rendered israels nuclear arsenal unusable? The israelis would have to flee somewhere and here wold be pretty logical. it's where many of them would have come in the first place is we hadn't had such weird racist immigration policies a century ago.

modern Israel has been a vey very brief blip on the timeline in that area. Before the balfour declaration it was arab mojority for 18 centuries.

Vessol
03-19-2011, 11:45 AM
What exactly does that make her right about?

Just that most Jews aren't Semites.

erowe1
03-19-2011, 11:54 AM
Just that most Jews aren't Semites.

Are we talking about the same article? I searched for the word "semite" and there were zero hits.

BlackTerrel
03-19-2011, 12:03 PM
black terrel- "I mean basically your solution is for six million Jews to pack their bags and come to the US? This is the solution to the mideast crisis. And as long as there are Jewish in Israel there will not be peace. "

6 million jewish people could easily be integrated into America and/or Europe. I'ts not so outrageous. If the shit hits the fan it may HAVE to happen.

So the Helen Thomas solution is this:

1. 6,000 boats come to Israeli shores

2. We round up everyone that is Jewish and stick them on the boats. Not clear what happens to those who refuse.

3. The boats land in New York and US waives our immigration laws and we increase our population by 2%.

That's the plan?

lester1/2jr
03-19-2011, 12:09 PM
2. We round up everyone that is Jewish and stick them on the boats. Not clear what happens to those who refuse.

they can all refuse if they want. they can stay and try and make it work the way they are trying in South Africa.
Yes, that's the plan.

what' s the plan now? keep spending a trillion dollars a year of taxpayer money policing a part of the world none of us care about for a country that isn't mentioned in our consitution and doesn't pay taxes to us?

Look where that plan has led us.

juvanya
03-19-2011, 02:48 PM
She is very clearly anti-Jewish. But I do not see why she should apologize for anything. She is a demented old bag that was irrelevant half a century ago.

And she and the other Arab fascist supporters are the real apartheid. NO JEWS IN PALESTINE! JUDENFREI! JUDENREIN!

Agorism
03-19-2011, 02:53 PM
I prefer a one state solution. Try to decentralize Israel's government and demilitarize it and try to get the Palestinians voting rights. Get the ethnic groups to mate, and that generally decreases hostilities.

We also need to decentralize the U.S. government.

devil21
03-19-2011, 03:28 PM
How is she a third generation Israeli, yet her grandparents are from somewhere OTHER than Israel? Am I missing something? Her grandparents would have to have been from Israel, not Poland and Romania. She's no more a descendant of Abraham than I am!

erowe1
03-19-2011, 04:11 PM
How is she a third generation Israeli, yet her grandparents are from somewhere OTHER than Israel? Am I missing something? Her grandparents would have to have been from Israel, not Poland and Romania. She's no more a descendant of Abraham than I am!

Her grandparents moved to Israel. They were 1st-generation Israelis. Her parents were 2nd-generation. She was 3rd.

How do you know if she's a descendant of Abraham? And why does that matter?

Incidentally, the question of modern Jews having genetic links going back to the ancient 12 tribes of Israel is a fascinating one, and not as much of an open-and-shut case as you've probably been led to think. I don't know the first thing about the girl in the article. But, while I don't think it matters for the question of where she ought to be allowed to live and own property, I certainly can't presume she's not descended from Abraham.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-chromosomal_Aaron

Agorism
03-19-2011, 05:05 PM
I thought she was from Lebanon.

erowe1
03-19-2011, 05:05 PM
I thought she was from Lebanon.

No, the girl who asked the question.

BlackTerrel
03-19-2011, 06:27 PM
they can all refuse if they want. they can stay and try and make it work the way they are trying in South Africa.
Yes, that's the plan.

Is that what Helen said? Did she tell the girl she could stay or did she say she should leave?

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/nov/07/world/la-fg-netherlands-wilders-20101107

http://www.news24.com/World/News/Muslims-seen-as-threat-in-France-Germany-20110104

Paris - Four in 10 French and German people see Muslims living in their country as a "threat", according to a poll published on Tuesday by French newspaper Le Monde...

...He calls Islam a "totalitarian ideology." He compares the Koran to "Mein Kampf" and wants it banned. He says that millions of Muslims who have settled in Europe ought to be deported, taking their "retarded" culture with them.

Such statements have made Geert Wilders the most controversial politician here in the Netherlands and a provocative figure abroad.

What about these guys? If 51% of French, German, or Dutch believe that Muslims should be deported would that be ok?

And what's the difference between these guys (Islamophobic) and Helen Thomas (much beloved).

robert68
03-19-2011, 11:13 PM
The Palestinians, numbering 9 million or so, and largely within a 100 mile radius of Tel Aviv, are the rightful owners of historic Palestine. Rightful possession doesn’t come through the initiation of force, directly or indirectly, as the Israeli’s possession of Palestine has come.

steph3n
03-20-2011, 05:17 AM
The Palestinians, numbering 9 million or so, and largely within a 100 mile radius of Tel Aviv, are the rightful owners of historic Palestine. Rightful possession doesn’t come through the initiation of force, directly or indirectly, as the Israeli’s possession of Palestine has come.

So when do you plan to return your land to the various Indians in our country? Tell me when you plan to leave and return it to them exactly. I don't want any heehawing around the matter, you must return your lands to the rightful owners.

(I don't even want to get into the horrible plight of the native indian, wow what a nightmare we have put them in)

amy31416
03-20-2011, 08:44 AM
So when do you plan to return your land to the various Indians in our country? Tell me when you plan to leave and return it to them exactly. I don't want any heehawing around the matter, you must return your lands to the rightful owners.

(I don't even want to get into the horrible plight of the native indian, wow what a nightmare we have put them in)

Two wrongs make a right? I doubt that you would defend waterboarding because the Romans did it and didn't call it torture. It is theft, it is keeping the entire region in turmoil, and we are paying a huge price for it. We are also protecting another country from international law violations, when they should be protecting themselves, if they can.

erowe1
03-20-2011, 09:57 AM
Two wrongs make a right?

I assume that the point of his rhetorical question is that Americans living in America and Israelis living in Israel are not committing a wrong by living there. If that is his point, then he's right, of course. I can't figure out where all these people here (along with Helen Thomas) get the idea that only Arabs have a right to live and own property in the Levant.

amy31416
03-20-2011, 11:50 AM
I assume that the point of his rhetorical question is that Americans living in America and Israelis living in Israel are not committing a wrong by living there. If that is his point, then he's right, of course. I can't figure out where all these people here (along with Helen Thomas) get the idea that only Arabs have a right to live and own property in the Levant.

Anybody should have a right to own property if they come by it legally. I don't agree with Thomas' "get the Jews out" notion, but the majority of settlers in the WB (and in Jerusalem, and lines beyond '48 or '67) did not come by their property legally (except according to Israel's apartheid-esque policy.) There are many Palestinian refugees still holding titles to land/property that is now considered Israel--those folks deserve at least reparations.

steph3n
03-20-2011, 02:00 PM
Two wrongs make a right? I doubt that you would defend waterboarding because the Romans did it and didn't call it torture. It is theft, it is keeping the entire region in turmoil, and we are paying a huge price for it. We are also protecting another country from international law violations, when they should be protecting themselves, if they can.

Anything about two wrongs? nope. it is about original owners. Indians own the land, we 'stole it through aggression'

Not sure about not committing a wrong part to be honest, certainly past wrongs, and terrible horrific wars were fought for the lands. Typically the winner takes the land, it has worked that way for as long as there has been documented history.

My point was more along the lines of the same people that say the Jews(or those that claim they are) should not be in Israel because the land was 'stolen' are almost certainly living on stolen land themselves, when will they return it to the rightful owners? If they are going to harp on one, why not look at themselves?

Anybody should have a right to own property if they come by it legally. I don't agree with Thomas' "get the Jews out" notion, but the majority of settlers in the WB (and in Jerusalem, and lines beyond '48 or '67) did not come by their property legally (except according to Israel's apartheid-esque policy.) There are many Palestinian refugees still holding titles to land/property that is now considered Israel--those folks deserve at least reparations.

How do you legally own property that was stolen in the first place from someone else? If something was stolen and sold to someone else and a generation later is learned to be stolen, in many cases it is not corrected, it is allowed to continue. Right? Wrong? doesn't really matter. just be careful where you tread as you are probably living on stolen land, with 'forged' documents of ownership if you want to get down to it.

Jack Bauer
03-20-2011, 02:24 PM
Is that what Helen said? Did she tell the girl she could stay or did she say she should leave?

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/nov/07/world/la-fg-netherlands-wilders-20101107

http://www.news24.com/World/News/Muslims-seen-as-threat-in-France-Germany-20110104

What about these guys? If 51% of French, German, or Dutch believe that Muslims should be deported would that be ok?

And what's the difference between these guys (Islamophobic) and Helen Thomas (much beloved).

That is a very good question which will expose the double standards of some members in this community.

And therefore, it will obviously be avoided.

lester1/2jr
03-20-2011, 04:33 PM
black terrel- apples and oranges. this has nothing to do with cultural diversity within a nation, it has to do with a foreogin people taking over an area of land. it's not about political correctness it's about land owndership. israel was created by empires that don't exist anymore and are a relic of those empires. The land wasn't the turks or the british to give.

stephen
Anything about two wrongs? nope. it is about original owners. Indians own the land, we 'stole it through aggression'

yes exactly. the Indians have no need to "recognize" our defeating them. If they want to fight us for it again we will have to fight them again. we stole the land.

Israel is in a similar position except they demographics are reversed. instead of 300 million americans against 1 million or so indians it's a billion muslims against 6 million jews.

I don't like those odds myself. the only thing that is keeping them there is their nukes and force from various entities namely us.

the odds of the indians recaliming this land are slim, absent the threat of nuclear evaporation and unitd states doing its bidding israels chances would be slim. at the end of the day its just not a sustainable thing, to have this 1st world european civilization in the middle of an alien less wealthy region.

robert68
03-20-2011, 05:20 PM

The contiguous territory of the US is around 300 times larger than the territory of historic Palestine. Its population of Native Americans is around 2 million, and they all have or can have full citizenship rights.

The population of non-Jewish Palestinians is around 9 million or so, and larger than the Israeli population; most of them are refugees, and none of them have full citizenship rights. I know zionist math can make 2 plus 2 equal any number a zionist wants, but to non-zionists it usually can only equal 4. The comparison between the US and Israel, at this point in time, is a nonsensical straw man and red herring

To directly answer your question, I have no reason to believe I own any land any Native American ever lived on. And even if I did, the odds wouldn't be good that a living Native American had ancestors who were driven from it, and could prove it, which is what matters; and that’s the case for the vast majority of Americans. It's not remotely the case for Israeli’s.

BlackTerrel
03-20-2011, 08:14 PM
black terrel- apples and oranges. this has nothing to do with cultural diversity within a nation, it has to do with a foreogin people taking over an area of land. it's not about political correctness it's about land owndership. israel was created by empires that don't exist anymore and are a relic of those empires. The land wasn't the turks or the british to give.

And who gave Muslims land in Hungary?

http://johnrussell.newsvine.com/_news/2011/03/14/6267011-poll-reveals-half-of-europeans-believe-islam-is-intolerant

In Germany, Great Britain, Italy and the Netherlands more than 40 percent of respondents complain that there are too many Muslims in their country, in Hungary about 60 percent.

Is it ok to tell Muslims they must leave Hungary or is that Islamophobic?

I'm going to guess that most Jews in Israel have lived there longer than most Muslims in Hungary.

acptulsa
03-20-2011, 08:15 PM
Well, I certainly hope Helen Thomas isn't holding her breath.

lester1/2jr
03-24-2011, 01:39 PM
black terrel- I don't see the connection between the two issues at all. The muslims in europe were let in legally by the various european nations. If they wish to change their laws and kick them out they could do that.

The jews in israel were never allowed in legally by the people who lived there. the palestinians never agreed to a jewish state.

erowe1
03-24-2011, 02:58 PM
The jews in israel were never allowed in legally by the people who lived there. the palestinians never agreed to a jewish state.

What law did "the people who lived there" have that any Jews broke by moving there?