PDA

View Full Version : Join Republican Meetups in your Area!!!

Lord Xar
10-24-2007, 10:29 AM
This is an effective way to get Ron Paul's name to those who can vote for him.

These meetups are usually led by a typical war monger, kill the fascicst type of person BUT the people that actually 'go' to the meetings usually are sorta "told" who to vote for..... we can make a difference here......

Bradley in DC
10-24-2007, 10:48 AM
Excellent post, this is a very effective and important effort. Not only that, but start going to local Republican group meetings.

Question_Authority
10-24-2007, 11:04 AM
This is an effective way to get Ron Paul's name to those who can vote for him.

These meetups are usually led by a typical war monger, kill the fascicst type of person BUT the people that actually 'go' to the meetings usually are sorta "told" who to vote for..... we can make a difference here......

Also consider joining other meetup groups that have themes aligning with Dr Paul's message. Alternative health, taxes, patriot act, etc. Of course, be gentle and subtle in introducing Ron Paul

jonahtrainer
10-24-2007, 11:14 AM
Excellent post, this is a very effective and important effort. Not only that, but start going to local Republican group meetings.

Yes, this is super important. The Republicans don't know who to vote for and are lost without a leader.

In addition, the party is in shambles and shrinking very quickly. I live in a city of 1.1M that is heavily Bush country (68% of the 2004 vote). The REC has 250 people attend monthly. Our Meetup Organizer is personal friends with the Treasurer and invited him to our Monthly Meetup. We had 120+ people present. I asked the Treasurer what he thought of it and he said 'You get this kind of support around a local candidate and you'll win any election.' I responded 'Glad you can see the writing on the wall.'

scrosnoe
10-24-2007, 11:26 AM
If there is not a Republican Meetup in your area - consider starting one . . .:D

JoshLowry
10-24-2007, 11:56 AM
Thanks for reminding me. I still haven't joined, but will soon... :o

Primbs
10-24-2007, 12:42 PM
The Townhall.com meetups tend to be more Ron Paul friendly. I.E. less government spending types.

Brinck Slattery
10-24-2007, 12:44 PM
I've found that as long as you're not abrasive about your Ron Paul support, most Republican groups are happy to get any members they can at this point, and the ones that are there can be persuaded...

kherty
10-24-2007, 12:47 PM
I attended my first meetup last night. It was great!

:D