PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's roll in the 2012 election cycle still uncertain

sailingaway
03-17-2011, 04:10 PM
http://dc-cdn.virtacore.com/2011/03/109458622-300x199.jpg

http://dailycaller.com/2011/03/16/ron-pauls-role-in-the-2012-election-cycle-remains-uncertain/

R3volutionJedi
03-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Uncertain...Ambivalent...Undecided. Not my favorite words at the moment :(

trey4sports
03-17-2011, 05:55 PM
PERSONALLY, i believe that Ron has already made up his mind that he WILL run for president again, but is playing the waiting game just like everyone else. He can RATIONALIZE saying that he's "undecided" because if a family emergency were to happen he would probably NOT run again. That is my unbiased opinion

R3volutionJedi
03-17-2011, 05:58 PM
PERSONALLY, i believe that Ron has already made up his mind that he WILL run for president again, but is playing the waiting game just like everyone else. He can RATIONALIZE saying that he's "undecided" because if a family emergency were to happen he would probably NOT run again. That is my unbiased opinion

Makes sense.

wormyguy
03-17-2011, 06:02 PM
A hot dog roll? A sushi roll? Will we do a barrel roll?

ItsTime
03-17-2011, 06:03 PM
If he was not going to run, he would say no. It really is that simple.

ClayTrainor
03-17-2011, 06:10 PM
My guess would be that he really doesn't want the job at all, but he does feel somewhat obligated to use his unique position to promote the message on a national scale one last time.

anaconda
03-17-2011, 06:27 PM
My guess would be that he really doesn't want the job at all, but he does feel somewhat obligated to use his unique position to promote the message on a national scale one last time.

I think he would relish the job. But I think he knows that the campaign is brutal and keeps him from family.

PermanentSleep
03-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Um, Rand and Ron have DOMINATED in terms of media time since Rand won the general election. Between Rand's swinging for the fence since day one and decrying the lack of "leadership"(which he pushes at every opportunity) in Washington and the constant speculation over whether or not Ron Paul will run in 2012 and now the speculation that Rand might run, coupled with the fact that Rand kind of pushed the speculation by certain actions and is now fueling the speculation by making specific stops at high value areas, the media is overwhelmed with all things Paul. Why on earth would Ron want to lose the attention and declare his run? Not to mention, most Republicans nationwide now have a very favorable view of Rand, so speculation that he may be running is the perfect excuse to hit up all of the major campaign spots and deliver the message in a more palatable form from a new face. The Paul's are playing chess with the big boys and they seem to be winning.

While Rand is all over the news and all over the nation spreading the message and forcing the establishment to use our talking points, Ron is in the House giving some CRAZY AWESOME speeches that will serve to push his legitimacy come campaign time. It's also going to prove who has and who has not been at the forefront of the race to fix all of our major problems and who is just spouting empty talking points for votes.

ClayTrainor
03-17-2011, 11:50 PM
I think he would relish the job.

I'm not convinced that anyone but a straight up Gangsta could relish that job, but maybe you're right.

There's a quote of Ron Paul saying something along the lines of, anyone who wants that job today, would have to be crazy. He said this on a news channel when asked about running in 2012, only a few months ago or so. I'll see if i can dig it up.

But I think he knows that the campaign is brutal and keeps him from family.

The job of president will keep him away from his family far more than a congressman, i would imagine.

anaconda
03-18-2011, 12:22 AM
The job of president will keep him away from his family far more than a congressman, i would imagine.

Would guess not because they can live at the White House. But the campaign might keep him away from family. I doubt that Carol would mind living in the White House for a spell...