PDA

View Full Version : People Want Signs!..they really do!...

K1RBY
10-24-2007, 09:53 AM
i keep 3 yard signs up in front of my house, marking the middle & sides of my yard.

...well, the other day i came home & my wife said: 'some lady stopped & knocked on the door, asking where she could get a Ron Paul yard sign. She said she has heard nothing but great things about him, but didnt know where to get a sign, ect.."

well i happen to have a fresh box of 50 that i picked up from someone in my meetup group that buys in bulk..so she sold her one of mine for $3.50 & gave her 3 bumper stickers.

..now just a week ago, i had a guy in his 60s flag me down at an intersection, telling me his son lives in RP's district in texas, and asked if he could buy one of my magnets off my doors...i told him they were homemade & i didnt have extras, but i gave him 5 bumperstickers & he was stoked!!

this got me thinking that people really do want gear, but are either not that great at getting around on the net, just dont trust using their card on there, or are not connected at all.

...so, i posted up a FREE ad on craigslist.com, stating i have RP yard signs for sale & the response has been GREAT.

i am meeting people daily down at starbucks & distributing yardsigns & bumper stickers. im not selling for a profit, but i know that signs are going up where they would not have normally.

now im going to take a cheap classified add out in the local paper (i think its $14 for a week) and i start hitting those people who are not online at all.

-dennis

DeadheadForPaul
10-24-2007, 10:01 AM
Great work, friend!

You're right about people wanting merch but not knowing where to get it - especially non-internet saavy people

I had a man in his 60's come up to me in the grocery store parking lot b/c he saw the Ron Paul sticker on my car. He told me that he saw Ron in the debate and loved him and wanted to know if i had any stickers, etc. Luckily I had 1 left but he wanted 2 (another for his wife's car). Im definitely gonna keep a stash in my car from now on

uncloned21
10-24-2007, 10:11 AM
Great idea! This got me thinking of all kinds of things I could do.

stevedasbach
10-24-2007, 10:11 AM
i keep 3 yard signs up in front of my house, marking the middle & sides of my yard.

...well, the other day i came home & my wife said: 'some lady stopped & knocked on the door, asking where she could get a Ron Paul yard sign. She said she has heard nothing but great things about him, but didnt know where to get a sign, ect.."

well i happen to have a fresh box of 50 that i picked up from someone in my meetup group that buys in bulk..so she sold her one of mine for $3.50 & gave her 3 bumper stickers.

..now just a week ago, i had a guy in his 60s flag me down at an intersection, telling me his son lives in RP's district in texas, and asked if he could buy one of my magnets off my doors...i told him they were homemade & i didnt have extras, but i gave him 5 bumperstickers & he was stoked!!

this got me thinking that people really do want gear, but are either not that great at getting around on the net, just dont trust using their card on there, or are not connected at all.

...so, i posted up a FREE ad on craigslist.com, stating i have RP yard signs for sale & the response has been GREAT.

i am meeting people daily down at starbucks & distributing yardsigns & bumper stickers. im not selling for a profit, but i know that signs are going up where they would not have normally.

now im going to take a cheap classified add out in the local paper (i think its $14 for a week) and i start hitting those people who are not online at all.

-dennis

What a great idea!

TexMac
10-24-2007, 10:14 AM

-dennis

This happened to me, too. Both neighbors on either side of me now have RP signs in their yards and three other people in town have asked for them as well. And, this is a tiny village in NY!

The ONLY signs for president I have seen in this area are for RP. And NY is supposed to be Clinton/Guiliani territory? Not from what I see.

deedles
10-24-2007, 10:32 AM
I have an idea... put a sign on your vehicle that says "honk if YOU want a Ron Paul yard sign or bumper sticker! Just make sure you have some :)

K1RBY
10-24-2007, 10:44 AM
thats a great idea. im gonna start doing that one today...

DaronWestbrooke
10-24-2007, 10:47 AM
What are the rules if the campaign gives us signs? Is this reported like a donation to the campaign?

reduen
10-24-2007, 10:50 AM
I have had people ask me how to get bumper stickers after seeing them on my vehicle. I then bought a few from the campaign site and gave them some. :)

There seem to be many many people who do not frequent the internet in my area...

reduen
10-24-2007, 10:52 AM
I have an idea... put a sign on your vehicle that says "honk if YOU want a Ron Paul yard sign or bumper sticker! Just make sure you have some :)

This is a good idea here! Where is the best place to get some signs?

ConstitutionGal
10-24-2007, 11:09 AM
This is AWESOME!! We bought some rather 'large' magnetic signs that we have on our cars now and it seems that I get at least one horn honk and thumbs up a day now (I only drive about 5 miles to get to work! but 3 of them are on a main road here).

I LOVE the "honk if YOU want a sign/sticker" idea!! We may have to paint that on our car windows!!

DXDoug
10-24-2007, 11:09 AM
Awsome Job Keep giving and giving!! :D

jonahtrainer
10-24-2007, 11:10 AM
This happened to me, too. Both neighbors on either side of me now have RP signs in their yards and three other people in town have asked for them as well. And, this is a tiny village in NY!

The ONLY signs for president I have seen in this area are for RP. And NY is supposed to be Clinton/Guiliani territory? Not from what I see.

One of our houses is in an HOA and has CC&Rs. We put up a sign knowing we would get a letter. We got a letter telling us to take it down. However, now the sign goes to the next neighbor until they get a letter and so on. We have a whole Ron Paul contingent going strong!