PDA

View Full Version : Hotel arrangements for Philly rally?

rich34
10-24-2007, 09:35 AM
Anyone know if there's going to be a particular hotel where everyone will be staying? Maybe a possible group rate discount like some of the other rally's?

Sematary
10-24-2007, 09:46 AM
Anyone know if there's going to be a particular hotel where everyone will be staying? Maybe a possible group rate discount like some of the other rally's?

This has been looked into but because of it being Veterans weekend and tons of groups in town, the hotels are already pretty well booked. I would try couchsurfing.com or look further away from the city.

Primbs
10-24-2007, 11:36 AM
Lots of hotels in New Jersey.

meghandan1
10-24-2007, 01:40 PM
Hi thanks for asking. Take a look at the link Bob set up on the front page. I am trying to get two hotels on City Line to give us a group rate with no response. but all the ones near Inde. Hall probably are booked. Anything by the airport is good and you can probably catch the airport train into the city. Finally, if folks are driving the hotels listed in King of Prussia are close to Valley Forge Park. This is about a 1/2 hour drive, straight out 76 (the Expressway). The choice here is a nice area and yu can visit the Valley Forge area to see where the winter of '76 was spent, it is a beautiful place.

Captain Shays
10-26-2007, 09:29 AM
Your best bet is to stay in South Jersey.
There are a lot of hotels in Mt Laurel NJ. The Raddison on Rt 73, The Red Roof Inn across the street, The Doubletree around the block,
There is also the Holiday Inn and the Crown Plaza in Cherry Hill and the Howard Johnson a mile away in Pennsauken.

If you need transportation from the airport to any of the hotels in South Jersey you will get a discount on the fair to the motel if you use Rapid Rover.

Their number is 856 428-1500. You can also go directly to the ground transportation dest which is ajacent to the turnstyle where you get your luggage and simply pick up the red phone on the desk and dial #21. That gets you directly to Rapid Rovers dispatcher. Don't forget to take a number ticket.
Simply tell the person on the phone where you're going, how many in your party,, what terminal you're at and the number on the ticket and they will come get you in 5-20 minutes depending on how busy the airport is.
The fair for each adult in Rapid Rover to Any of the hotels is $20.00 each way and $8.00 for each child.

thehittgirl
10-28-2007, 06:27 PM
I used Priceline and got a hotel for 75 and change including taxes and fees. We're staying at Four Points Sheraton in the airport zone. I am not totally thrilled, as I wanted to stay downtown, but I had a hard time getting that zone. But that's a good sign of a possible big rally :)

The good thing is that we're saving 50.00 through Priceline too.

meghandan1
10-28-2007, 08:13 PM
Well, that is a great price, they wanted to give us something like $109, plus if we did not fill them we'd pay anyway. So I am glad you got that, I think if there are others in the area, we could pull off having coffee or something? But, you can still hang out downtown anyway. Glad you are coming.

djahn
10-28-2007, 10:58 PM
I thought I would post a link to the regional rail maps (http://septa.org/maps/click_map.html). The train ride from the Airport to Independence Mall is probably around half an hour. You can check the regional rail schedule (http://septa.org/service/rr_schedules.html) to confirm that. Any of the hotels around the airport will have free shuttles to and from the airport where you can board a train.

I hope that helps.

David Jahn

djahn
10-29-2007, 04:55 AM
I thought I would post a link to the regional rail maps (http://septa.org/maps/click_map.html). The train ride from the Airport to Independence Mall is probably around half an hour. You can check the regional rail schedule (http://septa.org/service/rr_schedules.html) to confirm that. Any of the hotels around the airport will have free shuttles to and from the airport where you can board a train.

I hope that helps.

David Jahn

I should have said:

Any of the hotels around the airport should have free shuttles to and from the airport where you can board a train. You'll want to confirm that with the hotel if you are staying at one near the airport.

Thomas_Paine
10-31-2007, 12:08 PM
After reviewing all of the hotels we made reservations w/ the Comfort Inn and Suites in Mt. Laurel NJ. It's 16 miles outside of Downtown Philly. The rates are great, 110 bucks tax included, and boasts a great free breakfast, waffles, eggs, sausage, etc. Rates 4.7 out of 5 on Expedia. This is unheard of from the less expensive hotels. We made our reservation through Expedia.com.