PDA

View Full Version : Just found out Rudy is coming to my town for a fundraiser...

transistor
10-24-2007, 08:49 AM
What kinds of things should I do to let him know he isn't welcome here? Facetious signs?

Question_Authority
10-24-2007, 08:52 AM
What kinds of things should I do to let him know he isn't welcome here? Facetious signs?

Got any IED's handy?

Just kiddin. couldn't help myself. (mild form of tourettes)

centure7
10-24-2007, 08:53 AM
The best thing you can do is ignore him. Its smarter to keep a low profile when the competition is in town so they don't realize we are a massive unstoppable revolution.

PS - the day after you should have a meetup-event starting at the busiest intersection and then fanning out to do things like hand out information.

Mortikhi
10-24-2007, 08:55 AM
Have a sign with his quote and show your support!
"Freedom is Authority"

james1844
10-24-2007, 08:55 AM
No way, get out there and hold a Ron Paul sign in front of the venue where he is having the fundraiser - or - Pass out copies of the DVD the NY firefighters union put together. - Don't give the guy an inch.

VoteRonPaul2008
10-24-2007, 08:58 AM
ask him why firefighters are protesting him and why he wants national id cards.. print flyers and hand them out to people about his blotched record and how is co-chair called "blacks retarted"

ross11988
10-24-2007, 08:59 AM
Got any IED's handy?

Just kiddin. couldn't help myself. (mild form of tourettes)

Haha, how about some 9/11 dust, which seems to be alot more deadly

Question_Authority
10-24-2007, 08:59 AM
ask him why firefighters are protesting him and why he wants national id cards.. print flyers and hand them out to people about his blotched record and how is co-chair called "blacks retarted"

Hand out flyers with this web site: http://www.rudyrevealed.com

Question_Authority
10-24-2007, 09:00 AM
Haha, how about some 9/11 dust, which seems to be alot more deadly

Perfect!

thehittgirl
10-24-2007, 09:00 AM
No way, get out there and hold a Ron Paul sign in front of the venue where he is having the fundraiser - or - Pass out copies of the DVD the NY firefighters union put together. - Don't give the guy an inch.

Sounds like a plan! I wouldn't get too nasty or smearing, just give the honest facts.

The dark part of me wanted to get nasty, but I'll behave :D I remind myself when I go out, I want to represent Ron Paul in a decent way.

LizF
10-24-2007, 09:07 AM
Hand out flyers with this web site: http://www.rudyrevealed.com

If you decide to do so, don't have your RP gear on. I think RP would prefer we take the high road/positive approach while representing him.

Drknows
10-24-2007, 09:08 AM

Boo and laugh at him but make sure you look like a undecided voter.

philipsantamaria
10-24-2007, 09:13 AM
my brother went to a restaurant where rudy visited...he was wearing a listen to ron paul shirt.

he stepped inside the restaurant to eat and actually listen to rudy's speech when a couple of goons grabbed him by the collar and placed him outside the restaurant. he tried to find them afterwards...but they disappeared. rudy's got goons in civilian clothes, so don't do anything that stupid. and definitely don't wear any ron paul stuff if you want to get close.

Primbs
10-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Check out the anti Rudy video on Youtube. Especially where he said he is a liberal.

Play that in front of the venue and let people listen.

constituent
10-24-2007, 11:45 AM
"Freedom is Authority"

yep.

constituent
10-24-2007, 11:46 AM

and yep.

JMann
10-24-2007, 11:51 AM
Maybe a 'Truthers for Rudy' sign.

Grandson of Liberty
10-24-2007, 11:54 AM
ask him why he's running for "nationbuilder in chief"

unklejman
10-24-2007, 11:55 AM
Watch my video for ideas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnTGMeK9ZOY

thehittgirl
10-24-2007, 12:04 PM
If you decide to do so, don't have your RP gear on. I think RP would prefer we take the high road/positive approach while representing him.

Exactly! I never thought of that, LOL

Ridiculous
10-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Maybe a 'Truthers for Rudy' sign.

I think Gays for Rudy would be more effective and pretty funny as long as you weren't associated with Paul.

foofighter20x
10-24-2007, 12:25 PM
"Freedom is Authority"

Some guy a while back had a picket like this...

Side one (observe; front):

RUDY:
"FREEDOM
IS ABOUT
AUTHORITY"

Side two (reverse; back)

ORWELL
WOULD BE
PROUD.

;) :D

Primbs
10-24-2007, 12:41 PM
Watch my video for ideas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnTGMeK9ZOY

Very good. Everybody needs to follow Rudy. He might say something good.

reaver
10-24-2007, 12:51 PM
"Free Jonathan Pollard!" should be the sign you wave.

Question_Authority
10-24-2007, 12:53 PM

Very true. If you decide to go on "attack mode" keep Paul out of it. If you want to promote Dr Paul, take the high road.

I Am Weasel
10-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Personally this is what I'd do. I know you won't take this seriously, and I don't expect you to, but I'm just the type of person who would do this just to make him look like a complete idiot. I'd get a few pictures of him dressed up as a woman, blow them up into big posters to carry on tall sticks. Then I'd have my girlfriend dress me up as a woman, as a preop transexual, and walk around carrying the posters yelling "Rudy, He's just my kind of man!".
:)

Eli
10-24-2007, 04:44 PM
find out where he's going to be, post up a ton of ron paul signs the night before. Then show up holding one. It's all about the revolution baby!

fletcher
10-24-2007, 05:27 PM
Make signs that say 'VICTIMS OF 9/11 WOULD VOTE FOR RUDY!' Pass them out to supporters; they'll love them. Send pictures to the media. Or you could just make signs that said 9/11.

RoamZero
10-24-2007, 05:43 PM
Bringing RP gear might get you some bad attention giving you a tough time getting the message out. What you should do is print up some really patriotic looking pamphlets that point to http://therealrudy.org , and hand them out to everyone that attends. (And if pressure is put on for some reason pretend to be a Mitt supporter ;) )

DjLoTi
10-24-2007, 05:45 PM
Hold up a big poster of Rudy dressed in drag.

rs3515
10-24-2007, 05:46 PM
Make signs that say 'VICTIMS OF 9/11 WOULD VOTE FOR RUDY!' Pass them out to supporters; they'll love them. Send pictures to the media. Or you could just make signs that said 9/11.

I hope you're joking. Even if you are, it's not a funny joke.

Chrispy
10-24-2007, 05:51 PM
I'd say put hold up a big sign that says "IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH" and scream "INGSOC WILL SAVE THE PARTY" the whole time.

me3
10-24-2007, 05:52 PM
I'd say LEAVE RUDY ALONE and go campaign for Dr. Paul. We need votes, not harassment.

Wyurm
10-24-2007, 05:53 PM
Go to the Fred Thompson (http://www.fredthompsonforum.com) forum to get some good ideas.

runderwo
10-24-2007, 05:55 PM
When Rudy came to our town, we just stood around and held up Ron Paul signs. Slim jims in pockets and several people asked for them. We had two news crews talk to us too. I also had one lady "feel sorry for me" because "Ron Paul isn't doing well in the polls" (I tried to give her material, but she drove off and I noticed her Rudy material, bumper stickers, etc). Afterwards we had a lady come talk to us and join our meetup group.

You get more attention just by being there and being confident about Ron Paul being a better candidate than Rudy, than you do by yelling truther crap or anything related to 9/11.

Just keep in mind at all time, What Would Ron Do? Ron would stand his ground and be a gentleman.

dmitchell
10-24-2007, 06:36 PM
Do whatever goofy thing you want, just don't associate it with Ron Paul.

fletcher
10-24-2007, 06:56 PM
I hope you're joking. Even if you are, it's not a funny joke.

I know the signs are disgusting and I'm not suggesting he hold up the signs. Give them to the supporters, who would actually agree with the signs, take pictures of Rudy's supporters holding up the disgusting signs, and send them to the media. Rudy's supporters are idiots that think of him as the God of 9/11.

Eric21ND
10-24-2007, 07:15 PM
I'd paint Rudy as being similiar to Hillary. Something like "Rudy & Hillary want your guns". Anything showing that Rudy wants to ban guns will scare them good.

LibertyOfOne
10-24-2007, 07:15 PM
I guess you could make a layered sign that has Rudy 08 on the top layer leaving the back blank. Then you get behind Rudy when he is talking to the media live and pull off the top layer showing a picture of him in drag. With a slogan that says "Rudy, the other woman running for president.".