PDA

View Full Version : Port lavaca denies petition of the people right in Dr Paul's backyard!

baytownb
03-16-2011, 07:39 AM
Port Lavaca council certified a petition to have a vote on red light cameras then the council REFUSED to put the issue on the ballot because they were afraid they would lose! I hope Dr. Paul will make some calls or speak out publically since this is right smack in his district! http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/34/3424.asp Someone get word of this to him! I have already called his office.

baytownb
03-16-2011, 03:05 PM
Here is what the city attorney Ty Zeller said to the media about telling the council not to put this on the ballot.

"the use of cameras is not a proper issue for an initiative by citizens. "There is a legal line between what the council can do and what citizens can do."

Now compare this to the Texas constitution bill of rights;

INHERENT POLITICAL POWER; REPUBLICAN FORM OF GOVERNMENT. All political power is inherent in the people, and all free governments are founded on their authority, and instituted for their benefit. The faith of the people of Texas stands pledged to the preservation of a republican form of government, and, subject to this limitation only, they have at all times the inalienable right to alter, reform or abolish their government in such manner as they may think expedient.

Dr Paul please help your people!

baytownb
03-19-2011, 09:18 AM
I hope Dr Paul at least makes some calls or publically denounces this act. How can he protect the nation's rights if he turns a blind eye to what is happening in his own backyard?

ronpaulhawaii
03-19-2011, 09:28 AM
First I've seen this... Thanks, and welcome to the forum

baytownb
03-20-2011, 07:59 AM
thanks for the welcome, this is how this scam is perpetuated. The foreign (australian) camera company sets up a "non profit" group posing as local citizens and as a safety concerned advocate group. They funnel their corporate contributions to fund advertising, lawsuits and other methods to keep people from voting. Why? Because every time without fail that people have voted on these scameras they have come down. How long will our political leaders in Texas allow this to happen under their noses? They did it in Houston and Baytown, they spent over $1 million trying to buy and defeat our elections, they ultimately failed but they are trying it again.

lynnf
03-20-2011, 08:12 AM
Here is what the city attorney Ty Zeller said to the media about telling the council not to put this on the ballot.

"the use of cameras is not a proper issue for an initiative by citizens. "There is a legal line between what the council can do and what citizens can do."

Now compare this to the Texas constitution bill of rights;

INHERENT POLITICAL POWER; REPUBLICAN FORM OF GOVERNMENT. All political power is inherent in the people, and all free governments are founded on their authority, and instituted for their benefit. The faith of the people of Texas stands pledged to the preservation of a republican form of government, and, subject to this limitation only, they have at all times the inalienable right to alter, reform or abolish their government in such manner as they may think expedient.

Dr Paul please help your people!

the first thing they need to do is get rid of this hack Zeller and any council members that support him. a congressman does not usually run a city (Chicago & New York and others may be exceptions.)

baytownb
03-20-2011, 08:26 AM
They are working on recall petitions for the whole lot of them. Of course a congressman doesn't run the city, this doesn't mean the congressman should be silent on a clear violation of principles he holds dear in his own backyard. Congressmen speak out on a wide range of subjects they have no power over all of the time.

the first thing they need to do is get rid of this hack Zeller and any council members that support him. a congressman does not usually run a city (Chicago & New York and others may be exceptions.)

james1906
03-20-2011, 09:55 AM
The red light cameras were almost voted out statewide last legislative session. Is there anything like that going on this year?

baytownb
03-20-2011, 10:01 AM
Not really, there is a pending bill SB500 but it looks like the senate (which gets most of the camera lobbying money) is going to let it die in committee, even if it passes it would grandfather in everyone that has scameras right now. Despite having nearly 200,000 people in Harris county vote against cameras not ONE local senator has introduced, co sponsored or supported legislation outlawing the cameras. They haven't even spoken out publically against them. I have personally contacted and even gone to their offices senators Gallegos, Ellis and my own senator Whitmire. They all aparently love the camera money and the goldman sachs owned red light camera companies that have bilked the public out of millions of dollars. Anyone that wants to read more about this issue can go to our website www.saferbaytown.com I also have a list of senators contact info for you to contact your senator.

The red light cameras were almost voted out statewide last legislative session. Is there anything like that going on this year?