PDA

View Full Version : If Palin is cut loose by neoconservatives, would you embrace her?

doodle
03-15-2011, 08:57 PM
If the hot media attention machine Sarah Palin is released by her neoconservative media handlers and she becomes available politically, would you embrace her?

Sarah Palin angers Fox News CEO Roger Ailes; Could it cost Palin her job?

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/sarah-palin-mic.jpg

LINK (http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2011/03/sarah-palin-angers-fox-news-ceo-roger-ailes-could-it-cost-palin-her-job.html)

Agorism
03-15-2011, 08:57 PM
link fail

doodle
03-15-2011, 09:00 PM
Fixed it.

AuH20
03-15-2011, 09:01 PM
I don't think I could vote for her, but I certainly don't view her as the anti Christ like many do. She's a fellow traveler it appears, who needs to continue on her journey of self-improvement.

doodle
03-15-2011, 09:02 PM
She is a "sinner" (Iraq (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnGSk6N0Ugg)), but then Jesus said love the sinners as we all are sinners one way or the other.

AuH20
03-15-2011, 09:04 PM
She is a sinner (Iraq), but then Jesus said love the sinners as we all are sinners.

I don't know about the word sinner in a traditional sense. She really didn't do the actual killing but is more of an enabler.

Dreamofunity
03-15-2011, 09:06 PM
No.

doodle
03-15-2011, 09:07 PM
My attempt at sarcasm is lost in translation often, I have put "sinner" in quotes. Sin of violating the most basic tenants of human Libertarian principles.

00_Pete
03-15-2011, 09:10 PM
Actors and actresses, comediants, musicians, poets, writers, painters, family gay´s, fudge park´s, etc...they all say that if you like this woman you are "uncool" and you will not get all the chicks. That liking this woman is the same as your parents dropping you at a party and ordering you to be home by midnight while you are standing there redfaced.

I cannot like this woman, i want chicks and be cool.

doodle
03-15-2011, 09:11 PM
She has not said she was wrong about Iraq, foreign interventionism yet, right?

Pete, what is with all the romantic terminology injected in a Palin thread.

AuH20
03-15-2011, 09:14 PM
Actors and actresses, comediants, musicians, poets, writers, painters, family gay´s, fudge park´s, etc...they all say that if you like this woman you are "uncool" and you will not get all the chicks. That liking this woman is the same as your parents dropping you at a party and ordering you to be home by midnight while you are standing there redfaced.

I cannot like this woman, i want chicks and seem cool.

Well, that observation is very true. You can't simply disagree with this woman, but you must hate every fiber of her being. I'll tell you what I like about Palin and that which I don't like. I like that she's very feisty when challenging the status quo. What I don't like is when she consistently plays the "Woe is I" card when the backlash ensues. I'm not a fan of fanning the flames of victimization.

LibertyIsGold
03-15-2011, 09:16 PM
I can't embrace Palin for a multitude of reasons. I will never support her for the 2012 GOP primary and there would be little chance of me supporting her in a general

doodle
03-15-2011, 09:17 PM
When I said embrcae, I meant a hug for support if she is fired by Fox. No one said anything about supporting her in General or in Primary LOL

But part of her Religious Right base is likely convertable.

AuH20
03-15-2011, 09:19 PM
When I said embrcae, I meant a hug for support if she is fired by Fox. No one said anything about supporting her in General or in Primary LOL

Then yes. We need every friend we can get, when considering the enormity of the enemy we are confronted with.

Dr.3D
03-15-2011, 09:21 PM
Only if she stops thinking like a neoconservative.

TruckinMike
03-15-2011, 09:22 PM
If Palin is cut loose by neoconservatives, would you embrace her?

NO.

She is what she is - Weak character, bought, and paid for.

TMike

doodle
03-15-2011, 09:24 PM
NO.

She is what she is - Weak character, bought, and paid for.

TMike

That is my thought too.

She should come as a follower, not as a leader if she needs support to cope with abandonment from her previous enablers.

Wolverine302
03-15-2011, 09:26 PM
I embrace freedom, not a person.

RokiLothbard
03-15-2011, 09:27 PM
If she :

a) did some reading.

b) got and could properly elocute some principles beyond down-home aww-shucksism

c) some of those principles included some shape of anti-interventionism and some form of the whole Jefforsonian natural rights deal

Then yes.

And it's not that I even have a problem with down-home aww-shucksism. I actually like her as a person a lot. I'd love to live next door to her; she'd be a great neighbor. But say the home owners association was starting to be a gaint dooshcanoe. At this point in time I'd rather go to the HOA meeting myself than send her there on my behalf. I have no idea what she'd vote for when she got there. I don't think she'd try to intentionally screw me over, which is more than I can say for most nationally reconizable politicians, but, I have no idea where her "line in the sand" is either. Frankly, I don't think she knows where that line is either.

Carehn
03-15-2011, 09:59 PM
I don't know. We should look to other political movements that have compromised and see how that turned out.

If she turns coat in a way where she admits she has been wrong about things. Tels us of her own quest for truth and how its lead her to where she is, and then is able not only to spout talking points but then back them up with real understanding i could totally say i back her.

when i was younger i had fallen for the "left right" thing. Every one can change.

I don't think she has but i don't keep up with fox new so...

Stary Hickory
03-15-2011, 10:00 PM
I would "embrace" her

Pauls' Revere
03-15-2011, 10:03 PM
i embrace freedom, not a person.

^^this^^

:)

pcosmar
03-15-2011, 10:13 PM
would you embrace her?

If I was really drunk. I might.
but I haven't been drinking lately
;)

juleswin
03-15-2011, 11:26 PM
I dunno if i can trust or embrace someone who can be easily swayed/switches sides. What would she do when the next political fad comes around?

doodle
03-15-2011, 11:26 PM
would you embrace her?

If I was really drunk. I might.
but I haven't been drinking lately
;)

Come on, she is a looker for a 50 years old babe :)

emazur
03-15-2011, 11:37 PM
1) Palin was a neocon before Fox, it doesn't matter if Fox "cuts her loose"
2) She's probably not a puppet, just naively guided by neocons like Kristol. He can't cut her loose b/c she already agrees with him.
3) If she was a puppet capable of being manipulated, why should a libertarian embrace her if her flavor of the day happens to be libertarianism? Libertarian one day, neocon the next - do not want.
4) Embrace from an adversary would require years of action to prove she has some liberty integrity. Everyone here trusts Ron Paul b/c of his proven consistency.

speciallyblend
03-15-2011, 11:48 PM
I would embrace her for dancing with the stars or cooking with sarah palin or a girl scount troop leader that is about it!!

BamaAla
03-15-2011, 11:48 PM
Sure; why not. Hell, I like the woman personally. If either Ron or Gary don't win the nomination, I would probably support her over any of the others.

anaconda
03-16-2011, 12:23 AM
Palin's only appeal for us is that she can rally a lot of the super social conservative base. But the questions of whether we need her and at what cost are daunting. She's on the record as being an interventionist with small government rhetoric. So that's the same as Newt. Who would want him? Are we applying a double standard?

anaconda
03-16-2011, 12:24 AM
Sure; why not. Hell, I like the woman personally. If either Ron or Gary don't win the nomination, I would probably support her over any of the others.

Wouldn't that be like someone supporting Obama on a platform of "change?''

t0rnado
03-16-2011, 12:41 AM
It's like supporting Obama in 2012 if the DNC 'cuts him loose' by running someone against him in the primary.

BucksforPaul
03-16-2011, 01:19 AM
No

GuerrillaXXI
03-16-2011, 01:22 AM
Palin is physically attractive, but for the most part I dislike her intensely. She's a neocon warmonger and an Israel loyalist (okay, so that's redundant) who supports the "War on Terror," the "War on Drugs," and police-statism in general. She's fine on guns and a few other issues, but that's not enough to make up for her faults.

LibertyEagle
03-16-2011, 01:55 AM
Are we really in a position to turn anyone away?

That doesn't mean we need to agree with her on things we simply do not. But, maybe we shouldn't be so quick to intentionally try to alienate people who embrace a decent amount of our principles and appear to be walking towards us. She does, however, have a long way to go. ;)

Fox McCloud
03-16-2011, 03:40 AM
I'd say Palin would have to cut loose the neo-conservatives first.

AuH20
03-16-2011, 06:20 AM
Palin's only appeal for us is that she can rally a lot of the super social conservative base. But the questions of whether we need her and at what cost are daunting. She's on the record as being an interventionist with small government rhetoric. So that's the same as Newt. Who would want him? Are we applying a double standard?

But Newt is unabashedly CFR. You can't really compare the two. Newt has been a fixture in the good ole boy network for a decade or two. Palin until 3 years ago was basically relegated to Alaska.

Joey Fuller
03-16-2011, 07:46 AM
never.. she is a neocon through and through.. she's an israeli firster, she's been mk'd by kissinger.. there's no way she's leaving the dark side.

RyanRSheets
03-16-2011, 07:58 AM
I tend to think Palin is uninformed or misinformed, rather than malicious. At best, she has good intentions, but I don't trust her, because she is not set in her views.

Bush Jr. sounded similar to Ron Paul in 2000. I often wonder if he truly felt the way he said he did back then. Was he sold the same lies everyone else was?

payme_rick
03-16-2011, 10:34 AM
I dunno what you do with that lady in that situation, but it would lead to opportunities with her followers...

Bryan
03-16-2011, 11:17 AM
Wolverine302 got it right-- embrace ideas and philosophies, not people. As Ron Paul has said, ideas are bulletproof. People are flawed. Certainly however, when it comes time to supporting a candidate for any given election you get behind the one that best fits your philosophies, if you get behind any at all. If you want to consider that an embrace then OK, only do so for an election.

I embrace freedom, not a person.