PDA

View Full Version : The Blaze (Beck site) exposes Project Veritas' questionable editing

amy31416
03-15-2011, 07:47 PM
Hell freezing over? Glenn Beck's website, The Blaze, actually does a real critique of O'Keefe's videos that painted NPR in an incredibly bad light. Just as O'Keefe did some creative editing with his Acorn videos, it seems he did the same with NPR's.

We might like the outcome of Project Veritas' videos, but I'd like to think that there's a better way. Gotta give props to Beck where it's due...it seems to be an honest analysis, when it would have been more popular to keep this under wraps.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/does-raw-video-of-npr-expose-reveal-questionable-editing-tactics/

(Just an excerpt, more at link, including comparisons of raw vs. edited videos.)

3. How does Schiller describe Republicans?

Schillerís negative comments about Republicans and conservatives have gotten a great deal of attention.

He clearly says some offensive things, while being very direct that he is giving his own opinion and not that of NPR. Still ó a wildly stupid move!

But you may be surprised to learn, that in the raw video, Schiller also speaks positively about the GOP. He expresses pride in his own Republican heritage and his belief in fiscal conservatism.

gls
03-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Well, as sad as it is, the corporate media and political establishment have no problem using less-than-honest tactics to promote their agenda, so maybe the best option for the conservative/libertarian movement is to fight fire with fire? God knows the masses in this country don't care about the truth or they would already stand with us.

AGRP
03-15-2011, 08:24 PM
I've grown sick of this NPR drama. Of course they shouldn't get funding, but I believe it is yet another distraction.

If we're truly concerned about public money funding the media, lets discuss the billions NBC gets through GE and their Federal Reserve loans; both directly and indirectly. The money that NPR receives is a drop in the bucket compared to what the corporate/government media receives.