PDA

View Full Version : Bad Press Coverage of Ron, but the commenter's got it covered again

Johnnymac
03-15-2011, 02:05 PM
I searched Ron Paul on google to see if i could catch some headlines, the most recent have been just stuff about the whole Trump Suit and what not. but there was one from salon dot com where the editor trashed Ron Paul and said his supporters are suckers, and dubbed Ron was using our money for reasons other than to fight for freedom and prosperity. Like i said the commenter's got it covered

p.s. there are multiple articles in one page so the comments section is mixed but if you just shuffle through and find all the ones about Ron Paul, us suckers trashed right back.

www.salon.com/news/2012_elections/?story=/politics/war_room/2011/03/15/2012_paul_palin

gls
03-15-2011, 02:18 PM
Yeah, Lew Rockwell linked to it from his blog this morning. Salon is another one of those sites frequented by limousine liberals that relies on snide remarks in lieu of sound arguments (of which they have none).

Lucille
03-15-2011, 02:20 PM
I saw that this morning via LRC. Loved the comments, and tweeted (http://twitter.com/MacGhil/status/47671665546625024):

Commenters aren't letting @pareene (who'll be voting for a 4th Bush term in '12) get away with it. Salon Hates Ron Paul http://t.co/IYHBM3A

It's always fun reminding the left (and right) how Obama's just lots more of the same.

freshjiva
03-15-2011, 02:24 PM
This quote alone should probably discredit the entire article:

It also seems like maybe good news for Mike Huckbaee, should he ever decide to stop being Fox News' white born-again male Oprah and make a serious run again. The party establishment largely hates Huckabee, but he came in second or third in 29 states in 2008.

The party establishment hates Huckabee? That's news to me. Last I checked, they're all pretty standard Republican establishment candidates. He's loved by Faux News and all the Republican talking heads. The entire Bible Belt of the US drools over him.

The only one I can think of who is hated by the Establishment is Ron Paul, and to a much lesser extent, Sarah Palin.

More trash, as usual, published by Salon.