PDA

View Full Version : Libs In Arizona Contemplate Secession

amisspelledword
03-15-2011, 12:55 PM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703726904576192873017215458.html?m od=ITP_pageone_1

With copies of the Arizona constitution before them, they debated how to turn Pima County—a liberal southern swatch of Arizona that borders Mexico and includes Tucson—into "Baja Arizona."

"What's the objective?" one member asked the group, Start Our State.

"Becoming our own state and making our own decisions," said organizer Paul Eckerstrom.

just talk of course...

without getting into the legalities/morality of secession, wouldnt it be interesting to see where our Chief Executive would stand on an issue like this when it is libs trying to secede from a republican troublemaker state? he'd probably have to see their electoral vote numbers before he could comment.

and they want to join the union, not form a new country... so i guess this isnt true secession

hazek
03-15-2011, 01:06 PM
Not too long ago I had this thought about the future that once your federal government goes bankrupt the union might fall apart much like the USSR did and all the states will become independent countries.

Krugerrand
03-15-2011, 01:16 PM
Then watch California, Illinois and New York follow suit.

sirgonzo420
03-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Not too long ago I had this thought about the future that once your federal government goes bankrupt the union might fall apart much like the USSR did and all the states will become independent countries.

The states were intended to be independent countries/nations.

gls
03-15-2011, 01:21 PM
Ironic that they want to become a state to make their "own decisions" yet as liberals most of them probably believe that the Federal government (at least when it is being headed by Obama) should have nearly unlimited authority.

Vessol
03-15-2011, 01:22 PM
Ironic that they want to become a state to make their "own decisions" yet as liberals most of them probably believe that the Federal government (at least when it is being headed by Obama) should have nearly unlimited authority.

Yeah, no kidding.

Southron
03-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Let them out and don't let them back in. They can become a state of Mexico.:p

Pericles
03-15-2011, 01:50 PM
During the war with Mexico 1846 to 1848, several states in the North threatened to secede because the war was going to expand slavery by adding territory to the US south of the Missouri compromise line.

ChaosControl
03-15-2011, 02:14 PM
Let them secede, and let East WA secede from West WA.

Acala
03-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Yup. Let them secede. Although I would then probably have to move or put up with their idiotic legislation and imminent bankruptcy since I live there.

JohnEngland
03-15-2011, 02:35 PM

Hopefully this'll happen with the European Union. Greece, and other states, have failed and need their own currency and independence to make their own decisions.

South Park Fan
03-15-2011, 03:37 PM
Even though this would be a mere intrastate secession, this would be beneficial since it would not only establish additional precedent, but it would also incrementally increase the size of Congress. From my perspective, I'd take living under the Commonwealth of Orange over the People's Republic of California, even if that did mean still being a US satrapy.

Stary Hickory
03-15-2011, 05:13 PM
Let them go, they can enact whatever crazy krap they want, and see how it goes. At least it gives the rest of AZ a chance to live in way they prefer. I don't see any lefites or liberals supporting this because the crux of their power lies with centralized power and forced association. If lefties were to secede like this, it would totally undermine any of their arguments against nullification and states rights.

I hope they do it, so that everyone in AZ can live under a government they approve of.

eduardo89
03-15-2011, 05:34 PM
Let them out and don't let them back in. They can become a state of Mexico.:p

NO!! please don't let them join my country

heavenlyboy34
03-15-2011, 05:42 PM
I haven't spent much time down in Pima(and that was almost 20 years ago), but I don't recall it being an especially "liberal" place. /shrugs

00_Pete
03-15-2011, 05:48 PM
Public Relations stunt. Their full of crap. Leftists love centralization.

silentshout
03-15-2011, 05:50 PM
Sounds fine to me.

MozoVote
03-15-2011, 06:37 PM
I say the eastern sides of Washington and Oregon should secede, and then merge to form a new state of "West Idaho".

osan
03-15-2011, 06:44 PM

Well, liberals have not often been accused of having so much as the brains of boiled turnips.

He may be a self-centered neurotic NYC Jewish boy, but Michael Savage has it right when he calls liberalism a mental disorder.

osan
03-15-2011, 06:52 PM
I say the eastern sides of Washington and Oregon should secede, and then merge to form a new state of "West Idaho".

Why just the eastern halves? Ever been to Tillamook? As ultra-conservative as you will find. Same in all of WA except for the Seattle metro area, which is the ONLY place you will find the brain-dead liberal sissy-dopes. I lived in both states and can tell you that on the whole they are ultra-conservative. The sissy-dope liberals, however, do tend to occupy many key political areas, such as education. This is a problem.

Hell, even Portland is very conservative, mainly. Every Thursday there are hippies out on 4th ave. by the courthouse protesting the war. PDX mounted cops are there and the hippies do not DARE get cute because those cops will shoot their manky asses stone dead in a heartbeat and not bat an eyelash. That is how conservative even PDX is. Not saying they are right, just pointing out the orientation.

I'd say round up all the liberals and ship them to Ill-Annoy, NY, NJ, CA, and MA. No need for them to stink up the PNW like that.