PDA

View Full Version : New National GOP Poll (PPP)

TheState
03-15-2011, 10:31 AM
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_US_0215925.pdf

Same story, competitive with men, way back with women.

There are also interesting crosstabs (like w/o Palin, or w/o Huckabee)

http://i52.tinypic.com/9amv78.png

Gage
03-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Interesting to see that Ron would be in double digits if Huckabee decides not to run, but stay the same if Palin doesn't.

Let’s say Sarah Palin decides not to run and
the candidates for President next year were
Haley Barbour, Mitch Daniels, Newt Gingrich,
Mike Huckabee, Jon Huntsman, Ron Paul, Tim
Pawlenty, and Mitt Romney. Who would you
vote for?
Haley Barbour - 3%
Mitch Daniels - 4%
Newt Gingrich - 20%
Mike Huckabee - 22%
Jon Huntsman - 2%
Ron Paul - 9%
Tim Pawlenty - 7%
Mitt Romney - 18%
Someone else/Undecided - 14%

Let’s say Mike Huckabee decides not to run
and the candidates for President next year
were Haley Barbour, Mitch Daniels, Newt
Gingrich, Jon Huntsman, Sarah Palin, Ron
Paul, Tim Pawlenty, and Mitt Romney. Who
would you vote for?
Haley Barbour - 4%
Mitch Daniels - 5%
Newt Gingrich - 18%
Jon Huntsman - 2%
Sarah Palin - 19%
Ron Paul - 12%
Tim Pawlenty - 6%
Mitt Romney - 20%
Someone else/Undecided - 15%

malkusm
03-15-2011, 10:41 AM
Where's that Carol Paul LRC article...we need to get it in the hands of every woman in the early states

Elwar
03-15-2011, 10:41 AM
Interesting to see that Ron would be in double digits if Huckabee decides not to run, but stay the same if Palin doesn't.

Probably mainly a matter of splitting Huckabee's vote between the other candidates that ran in 2008 for those who remember the names from 2008.

sailingaway
03-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Ron has gone down to 6 in that and Pawlenty and Daniels have gone up. Yuck. they seems to be taking some of the fiscal conservatives. I think Ron has always been #4 or #5 before, or am I wrong?

--
edit --oops, I read the 'other' as a different candidate, so Ron is 5th but Pawlenty and Daniels are gaining strength.

The Dark Knight
03-15-2011, 10:48 AM
If only men Voted we would probably win haha. We are doing terrible among women.

MRoCkEd
03-15-2011, 10:52 AM
Not a bad showing at all.

Now how do we end women's suffrage? :p (JK)

Interesting how Ron takes third (albeit a distant third) when neither Huck nor Palin are included.

http://i.imgur.com/C4wAc.png

That's close to second among men only.

RonPaulFanInGA
03-15-2011, 10:54 AM
Same story from 2008: women just don't seem to like Ron Paul.

sailingaway
03-15-2011, 10:58 AM

It has to do with feeling they have a greater potential need for the safety nets, especially those in single parent families. Even if they don't use them, they see themselves as more likely to hit disaster. It is pretty well documented. I think the Rand position of pointing out how the true safety net would still be there on their actual 'next step' proposals is a lot better at winning them than the purist 'libertarian model' rhetoric. I think focusing on that scares people. It is the same for people who are past their working productive lives and already bought into the system or were forced to, with no realistic ability to start over.

Look at how Rand is discussing social security reform. It isn't what some here want as an end point ( opt out) but it is the best that can MAYBE be actually gotten right now, to avert a real problem, and Rand is pitch perfect and obviously sincere in his concern, discussing it.

Ron CAN do it, and has, but it isn't what fires people up and he usually doesn't get into it. I don't know of any supporter videos on it, either, which we could easily send people with concerns on these points. It would certainly be useful to have those.

IDefendThePlatform
03-15-2011, 10:59 AM
Where's that Carol Paul LRC article...we need to get it in the hands of every woman in the early states

Heck yes. We should be passing those out door to door in Iowa and south Carolina for sure. I've got two or three facebook ads going right now that target women age 35-64 in Iowa and clickthrough to that exact article. It's a good one. Gotten close to 100 clicks on that one so far.

Epic
03-15-2011, 11:01 AM
Why don't females like Ron Paul? Are they just watching Fox News too much? Do they not do the online thing?

hazek
03-15-2011, 11:03 AM
I think we need some popular female personality to endorse or talk positively about Ron or maybe a few Ron Paul videos featuring females talking about him or something like that;

I really enjoyed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si3xONbTjns

Maybe she and other women like her could make more videos and just talk about why they support Ron..

muzzled dogg
03-15-2011, 11:03 AM
here's how we get women votes

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?276530-Important-2011-Dates&p=3154890&viewfull=1#post3154890

sailingaway
03-15-2011, 11:04 AM
I think we need some popular female personality to endorse or talk positively about Ron or maybe a few Ron Paul videos feuturing females talking about him or something like that:

I really enjoyed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si3xONbTjns

Maybe she and other women like her could make more videos and just talk about why they support Ron..

That is a great video, but it isn't about marketing, it is about issue concerns, imho. (see my earlier post)

CUnknown
03-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Ron Paul women are sooo sexy, too. It's such a shame!

sailingaway
03-15-2011, 11:05 AM
here's how we get women votes

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?276530-Important-2011-Dates&p=3154890&viewfull=1#post3154890

???

muzzled dogg
03-15-2011, 11:05 AM
36th nfrw

Working Poor
03-15-2011, 03:26 PM
Newt Gingrich:eek:

outspoken
03-15-2011, 03:33 PM

Women tend to be much, much more in tune with their emotions rather than with logic. It is therefore no wonder was the champion of the constition and reason does not appeal to those that would be inclined to be swayed by the opinions presented by watching The View.

trey4sports
03-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Interesting demographics

If you are 18 to 29 years old, press 1. If 30 to
45, press 2. If 46 to 65, press 3. If you are
older than 65, press 4.
18 to 29................................................ ........... 6%
30 to 45................................................ ........... 30%
46 to 65................................................ ........... 40%
Older than 65 .................................................. 24%

Ron is doing better with older folks considering such a small sample of the respondents are in the 18-29 age group

EDIT

Just looked deeper into the results, and he isn't doing well at all with the 2 older voting blocks 46 -60 and 60+

gls
03-15-2011, 03:49 PM
Why don't females like Ron Paul? Are they just watching Fox News too much? Do they not do the online thing?

I don't know but if Ron decides to run again the campaign really needs to conduct some focus groups and tailor the message accordingly.

Maximus
03-15-2011, 04:53 PM
I think Ron Paul should get on the View and talk about opposing war, supporting local control in education (not being forced to teach "to the test"), bringing our troops our of Harm's way. His experience as an OBGYN, delivering 5,000 babies...

It really can't be that hard.

The Dark Knight
03-15-2011, 04:58 PM
Ron is winning the 18-29 age group. He is winning because this age group gets their info from the internet and youtube as opposed to the older people who listen to foxnews and talk radio.

trey4sports
03-15-2011, 04:58 PM
I think Ron Paul should get on the View and talk about opposing war, supporting local control in education (not being forced to teach "to the test"), bringing our troops our of Harm's way. His experience as an OBGYN, delivering 5,000 babies...

Ron would rather talk issues though. Yes, what you're describing is the best way to gain votes though

gls
03-15-2011, 06:34 PM

He did go on The View last time, from what I remember it didn't go particularly well. One of the idiot hosts was flabbergasted that he could be a gynecologist and yet be opposed to abortion, like experiencing the miracle of birth first-hand again and again is supposed to make one supportive of terminating fetuses. :confused:

Koz
03-15-2011, 07:39 PM
Isn't this way higher than he was polling last cycle?? The message is catching on, but he needs to start getting it out via different media outlets.

People are against the endless wars, they know in thier gut the Fed is screwing us. He just needs to expose the fake conservatives. They all have major flaws that he does not have. Romney has Romneycare, Huck lets people out of prison and votes for higher taxes, Gingrich is a global warming believer and cheated on his wife.

LibertyIsGold
03-15-2011, 09:47 PM
Isn't this way higher than he was polling last cycle?? The message is catching on, but he needs to start getting it out via different media outlets.

People are against the endless wars, they know in thier gut the Fed is screwing us. He just needs to expose the fake conservatives. They all have major flaws that he does not have. Romney has Romneycare, Huck lets people out of prison and votes for higher taxes, Gingrich is a global warming believer and cheated on his wife.

In 2008 I wasn't really involved in Politics at all, but I'm pretty sure you are right about the polling. 9% in this poll is a good starting point.

Fredom101
03-15-2011, 10:32 PM

But they LOVE Mitt and his sideburns!
It simply comes down to the libertarianism thing. Women often view it as not helping people. They have mothering instincts and they see freedom as going against this. It makes sense. Our society sees government-as-parents, so Ron Paul up there talking about cutting everything to them sounds like mommy & daddy taking away all the goodies.

Agorism
03-15-2011, 10:44 PM
From hotair...

<blockquote>Those numbers aren’t that much different than when Huckabee is in the mix because his voters distribute their support pretty evenly if he’s out- 21% to Palin, 20% to Gingrich, 19% to Romney, and a surprisingly high 15% to Paul.</blockquote>

Carole
03-16-2011, 09:20 AM
I believe there are still a lot of women who vote for a face and charisma regardless of ability.

JamesButabi
03-16-2011, 09:29 AM
I believe there are still a lot of women who vote for a face and charisma regardless of ability.

Not just women my friend. I think conservatively 90% of voters based on feeling and talking points rather than issues.

bayinferno
03-17-2011, 11:31 PM
Go team!