PDA

View Full Version : Aid for Japanese Pets

Tinnuhana
03-15-2011, 01:13 AM
Attention cat lovers, here's a site with links for helping out with the four-legged victims of the Sendai earthquake. A friend of mine with Shiba Rescue asked for ways to help out and this is one of them. We were told today to stop collecting clothes, etc. for the victims and just donate money to the Red Cross since the ships, etc. going there from here don't have much room with all the generators, med supplies, etc. going on them, not to mention personnel to help out. I was going to drag several 50 lb bags of dog food over to the youth center, but now they just want cash.
Animal Rescue-Kansai (ARK), out of Osaka, is probably the best known NPO for animals in Japan. It was started by a British ex-pat. She's remarkable.

http://www.lacarmina.com/blog/2011/03/cat-island-tashirojima-likely-submerged-by-tsunami-help-animals-pets-hurt-in-japan-earthquake-donate-to-shelter/

Frankly, I'm getting to the point of burnout with everything. I think about the SAR dogs at the WTC. Other rescuers would go hide in the rubble so the dogs could find someone living. They were getting so depressed. There are SAR dogs going there from LA, VA and I think one from Germany or somewhere.

A. Havnes
03-15-2011, 08:04 AM
Thanks a lot!