PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC Ed Show

jtyr8nt93
03-14-2011, 08:27 PM
Watching the ED show on MSNBC. They are talking about how Republican's calls for cuts in the Geological Survey is ridiculous. the person who was being talked too is discussing on how even in the most libertarian stripped night watchman state, thinks like warning systems for tsunamis and alerts for nuclear plants and gas lines to cut off should be considered public goods. Ed is calling for a serious rethinking on the Republican's ideology.

Comments?

silverhandorder
03-14-2011, 08:36 PM
Well first I would agree that it would make sense to cut military and entitlements before something so small as geological surveys.

But even these are not necessary at all. Is he trying to suggest just because it is not government funded that people who want warning system would not fund their own? That would be a ridiculous claim. He is a blow hard and should develop a little bit of logic.

devil21
03-14-2011, 08:40 PM
Well first I would agree that it would make sense to cut military and entitlements before something so small as geological surveys.

But even these are not necessary at all. Is he trying to suggest just because it is not government funded that people who want warning system would not fund their own? That would be a ridiculous claim. He is a blow hard and should develop a little bit of logic.

Remember, Ed thinks everyone needs government to save people from being outright uncivilized animals. He thinks people are stupid and can only be kept in line by government. I don't agree with him. Of course people would create their own warning systems. Even if the private sector were to run it and be paid by and report back to the government it would still be cheaper than completely government run. Government is inefficient and usually fucks things up worse.

dbill27
03-14-2011, 08:41 PM
Sounds like the kind of guest Ed schultz would have on to make republicans look bad. Ed schultz is currently the most obnoxious person on tv, including nancy grace, joy behar etc...

Agorism
03-14-2011, 08:44 PM
"Ed schultz is currently the most obnoxious person on tv"

This

AZKing
03-14-2011, 08:45 PM
Ed schultz is currently the most obnoxious person on tv, including nancy grace, joy behar etc...

He's a lot like MSNBC's own version of Bill O'Reilly.

Kotin
03-14-2011, 08:46 PM
He's a lot like MSNBC's own version of Bill O'Reilly.

spot on

HOLLYWOOD
03-14-2011, 08:53 PM
Mr Ed... has a vile hatred for Capitalism and free markets. I think he was burned in some business deal and left skid marks on hum.

A miserable old man that looks through kaleidoscope glasses 24/7.

If it's so damn important for all this social bullshit that Ed Schultz warrants a mandate... then sign over those millions of dollars you so-call earn on MSNBC/MSDNC/BSNBC Ed!

Feeding the Abscess
03-14-2011, 09:09 PM
spot on

Indeed, that's probably the most apt comparison in existence.

O'Reilly isn't quite as over the top as he used to be, but still.