PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck's Fill-In on Fox News Draws the Same Audience as Glenn Beck

runningdiz
03-14-2011, 05:46 PM
http://www.thewrap.com/media/column-post/glenn-beck-napolitano-fox-news-draws-same-audience-glenn-beck-25486

And the jury is in on the Judge: Napolitano held his own, maintaining roughly the same audience that Beck has drawn in 2011 -- and, like Beck usually does, beat CNN, MSNBC, HLN and CNBC combined in total viewers....

...And it's an even better sign for Napolitano, who ought to be considered on the short-list to replace Beck, should Fox not renew Beck’s contract.

"Fox would be more than happy to take numbers like these,” according to a source close to the show, “given that they would actually be able to sell the program."

Sola_Fide
03-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Nice!

TXcarlosTX
03-14-2011, 05:56 PM
gangster! i dvr every episode! this is important

AZKing
03-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Good good... certainly an invaluable tool should Ron run.

emazur
03-14-2011, 06:23 PM
given that they would actually be able to sell the program."

Sell it to who? MSNBC is completely unsuitable, and CNN ditched its last opinion-host when Dobbs went. I certainly don't see Beck going to Russia Today or Al Jazeera.

But this is good news for the Judge. And he could pick up more viewers if he improved his show: stop giving the guests only time to give a sound-bite sized answer, have a better variety of guests and fewer establishment types (though I realize the need to keep them around), and play devil's advocate with the questions for the REAL freedom fighters instead of diluting the segment by adding an establishment liberal's position. If the judge wants a liberal on, he can debate him/her one-on-one (O'Reilly does this).

TroySmith
03-14-2011, 06:24 PM
The Judge will likely be moved to 7 PM on (regular) Fox I bet.

Feeding the Abscess
03-14-2011, 06:27 PM
This would almost be awesome beyond words if Napolitano took over for Beck.

South Park Fan
03-14-2011, 06:28 PM
The Judge will likely be moved to 7 PM on (regular) Fox I bet.

Then what would they do with Greta "Natalie Hollaway" Van Sustren?

1000-points-of-fright
03-14-2011, 06:34 PM
Sell it to who? MSNBC is completely unsuitable, and CNN ditched its last opinion-host when Dobbs went. I certainly don't see Beck going to Russia Today or Al Jazeera.

I think "sell it" means to get more diverse advertising clients rather than just Gold brokers.

Then what would they do with Greta "Natalie Hollaway" Van Sustren?

Leave her where she is at 10pm?

eduardo89
03-14-2011, 06:55 PM
Move Freedom Watch to Fox News!!!

Zatch
03-14-2011, 07:19 PM
They should move Beck to Fox Business.

RP4Pres2008
03-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Awesome! Got to LOVE the JUDGE! :D

In all seriousness, Ron Paul, Peter Schiff, and the Judge are on my personal liberty Mount Rushmore.

sailingaway
03-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Excellent.

BlackTerrel
03-14-2011, 07:50 PM
I think "sell it" means to get more diverse advertising clients rather than just Gold brokers.

That was my take as well.

Beck gets big numbers but very few big companies want to advertise with him.

TCE
03-14-2011, 08:10 PM

You are absolutely correct as far as identifying what the author meant. With the Judge, he is much more likable and appeals to a much wider audience than simply neo-cons and your random tea partier. Anti-war Democrats, far left liberals, etc can all connect with the Judge. With Beck's harsh foreign policy views and needlessly focusing on Van Jones for three weeks straight, his range is much narrower. The Judge has the formula down, talk for three minutes, introduce guests, talk for a couple of minutes, rinse and repeat.

PreDeadMan
03-14-2011, 08:16 PM
Glenn Beck is garbage give THE JUDGE HIS SLOT!

emazur
03-14-2011, 08:34 PM
Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO) (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/14/glenn-beck-japan-earthquake-god_n_835573.html)

Can we get a facepalm icon here at RPF? True he only said it might be a message, but still. Gilbert Gottfried just got the boot as the AFLAC voice for making stupid jokes about Japan's disaster (and I learned AFLAC gets 75% of its business from Japan). One of these days Beck will say something too stupid to ignore, and then the judge will be in like flint.

TN_VOL
03-14-2011, 08:37 PM
I'm thrilled for the Judge, but I know people who probably never turn their tv off of Fox News. They are brainwashed and almost see it as their patriotic duty to watch. It wouldn't matter, to those people, who they put on there. The lamest absolute worst conservative host could still beat all the others combined. Although a few of them might actually listen to what the judge has to say and maybe with one or two something will click. God I wish I weren't so synical.

runningdiz
03-14-2011, 10:25 PM
I'm thrilled for the Judge, but I know people who probably never turn their tv off of Fox News. They are brainwashed and almost see it as their patriotic duty to watch. It wouldn't matter, to those people, who they put on there. The lamest absolute worst conservative host could still beat all the others combined. Although a few of them might actually listen to what the judge has to say and maybe with one or two something will click. God I wish I weren't so synical.

True but the article points out that guest hosts for other shows like Oreilly never pull in the same ratings. Usually they're significantly down so some people tune out if it is not who they wanted to see. The judge was able to retain an audience for a show that was not his. That is impressive.

Matt Collins
03-15-2011, 12:11 AM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/MattandtheJudge-ee.jpg

AGRP
03-15-2011, 12:20 AM
How can everyone assume he won't change if he moves?

Andrew-Austin
03-15-2011, 12:34 AM

He seems to be sincere?

Dave Aiello
03-15-2011, 12:34 AM

LOL does he seem like the kind of guy who will 'change'? Judge = Statesman

emazur
03-15-2011, 02:44 AM

Judge as the Fox News judicial analyst back in Oct '08:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA27p67kYeI

Sola_Fide
03-15-2011, 03:16 AM

U crazy!

JohnEngland
03-15-2011, 04:18 AM

Actually, it's to do with the hate campaign against him, being organised by groups that are funded by George Soros, such as Media Matters and Daily Kos. Shameful really.

Anyway, doesn't Shepard Smith have two separate hours? Surely Freedom Watch could occupy one of those hours.

RyanRSheets
03-15-2011, 07:27 AM
I think the Judge would sell better than Beck in Beck's slot. Beck's crazy, unpredictable style makes him a marketing risk. I think a lot of people have been turned off by his arrogance. The Judge is calm and collected and invites challenge. Beck should be replaced by the Judge and O'Really should be replaced by Stossel.

dean.engelhardt
03-15-2011, 08:30 AM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/MattandtheJudge-ee.jpg

I didn't know the judge is that short. Are standing on a box?

Legend1104
03-15-2011, 08:40 AM
I didn't know the judge is that short. Are standing on a box?

If you gave the Judge a cigar, he could easily pass for an Italian Mafia crime boss, and yes the judge is short. That must mean that Matt is like 5'5.

Matt Collins
03-15-2011, 12:21 PM
If you gave the Judge a cigar, he could easily pass for an Italian Mafia crime bossThat would be awesome!

HOLLYWOOD
03-15-2011, 12:29 PM
TV viewing Zombies move pretty slow

AdamT
03-15-2011, 01:07 PM
Amazing!!

runningdiz
03-15-2011, 04:40 PM
I think the Judge would sell better than Beck in Beck's slot. Beck's crazy, unpredictable style makes him a marketing risk. I think a lot of people have been turned off by his arrogance. The Judge is calm and collected and invites challenge. Beck should be replaced by the Judge and O'Really should be replaced by Stossel.

Many sponsors have already left Beck's show because of the boycott and bad press. If Fox can find a replacement that keeps the ratings and attracts more sponsors it would be better for them. It is all about the ratings and $$ to fox.

trey4sports
03-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Many sponsors have already left Beck's show because of the boycott and bad press. If Fox can find a replacement that keeps the ratings and attracts more sponsors it would be better for them. It is all about the ratings and $$ to fox.

I doubt they'd drop Beck. Beck pulls better than most other people on FOX NEWS and even with ratings going downhill he crushes the other channels. Personally, I'd like to see The Judge, and Beck on FNC.

Maybe (Central time) 4pm Beck 5pm nameless douche 6pm The Judge 7pm O'Reilly 8pm Hannity

runningdiz
03-15-2011, 05:02 PM
I doubt they'd drop Beck. Beck pulls better than most other people on FOX NEWS and even with ratings going downhill he crushes the other channels. Personally, I'd like to see The Judge, and Beck on FNC.

Maybe (Central time) 4pm Beck 5pm nameless douche 6pm The Judge 7pm O'Reilly 8pm Hannity

The problem is not Beck's ratings it is the big sponsors that the network has lost during his time slot. He has become a loose cannon which is why Fox will look at their options when his contract ends in December.

Like you I would be surprised if they dropped him. (unless his ratings continue to go down)

low preference guy
03-15-2011, 05:06 PM
The problem is not Beck's ratings it is the big sponsors that the network has lost during his time slot. He has become a loose cannon which is why Fox will look at their options when his contract ends in December.

Weren't those sponsors simply replaced by others?

runningdiz
03-15-2011, 06:40 PM
Weren't those sponsors simply replaced by others?

300 advertisers of Fox News have asked not to have their advertisements shown during his program. His show runs without advertisements in the UK.

Yes the sponsors were replaced by others but who do you think pays more Toyota or goldline?