PDA

View Full Version : Sad News: Derry Brownfield dead at 79

sparebulb
03-14-2011, 09:28 AM
Sad news. Derry Brownfield passed away yesterday. He was one of the few agricultural commentors that were critical of government farm subsidies, policies, and fascist agri businesses. He will be missed.

www.derrybrownfield.com

http://www.derrybrownfield.com/Images/brownfield_photo.jpg

In Memoriam
January 24, 1932 - March 12, 2011

Hello to Derry's friends & fans this morning. As you are probably aware by now we have lost our dear-dear Derry; Patriot-Warrior behind the microphone & defender of the American-Constitutional-FREE way of life...
Today's show will be a memorial to Derry. With tears and laughter we remember him and your Common Sense Coalition - we believe in our listeners and we LOVE ALL OF YOU...
Derry's email (Derry@DerryBrownfield.com) will remain open for the next few days for any fans, friends and listeners who want to share their thoughts and memories of our wise and erudite friend.
- Beth, Kay, Sherry & the Brownfield family

BuddyRey
03-14-2011, 04:42 PM
I wasn't very familiar with him, but it's always a sad day when we lose a warrior in the fight against tyranny. :(

TruckinMike
03-14-2011, 08:02 PM
Derry is what every movement needs - some one old enough to remember what it was like to be free, or at least in semi-free. Derry was a great radio show host with his down to earth, aw shucks style. He was always on top of all the latest tyranny that governments tossed at farmers, ranchers, and the people. Derry knew the ills of the Fed gov as well as the fed res.. He will be missed by many.

The freedom movement has lost a great fighter.

TMike

heavenlyboy34
03-14-2011, 08:04 PM
I never knew thee, Derry, but R.I.P. :(

lynnf
03-14-2011, 08:30 PM
if you don't know him, here's your chance -- archives!

http://www.gcnlive.com/programs/derryBrownfield/index.php

he didn't just report on farm stuff, although a lot of his show was
agricultural related.

lynn

sparebulb
03-14-2011, 08:49 PM
Derry is a Missouri legacy. He founded the Brownfield Network a long time ago which was a syndicated agricultural news service. This was his vehicle for commentary for years. Evidently, in later years, his commentary fell out of favor with the business interests of his partners, and he sold out or was forced out of the Brownfield Network. He started his own excellent radio show on the Genesis network.

I listen to the Brownfield Network every morning, but they are far more giant agri-business friendly than Derry was. There is some chik that does the commentary now and she mostly gets it right about being against the PETA freaks and the national animal registry, but she strikes me as a globalist agri-business stooge.

Like Lynnf said, please check out the archives of his radio show at Genesis.......they are excellent and sometimes very humorous. He was like a modern-day Will Rogers.