PDA

View Full Version : What if the Ron Paul Fans Became SEO Savvy?

Ron Paul News
10-24-2007, 07:53 AM
"If the thousands of bloggers, hundreds of forums and handful of social networking sites all took it upon themselves to boost Paul's visibility through search engine rankings, they could achieve an effect far greater than the dominance of online polls - they could truly start to influence the campaign by marketing information for their candidate."
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/What_if_the_Ron_Paul_Fans_Became_SEO_Savvy_2

Primbs
10-24-2007, 11:57 AM
We could all buy google ads.

NewEnd
10-24-2007, 03:13 PM
"If the thousands of bloggers, hundreds of forums and handful of social networking sites all took it upon themselves to boost Paul's visibility through search engine rankings, they could achieve an effect far greater than the dominance of online polls - they could truly start to influence the campaign by marketing information for their candidate."

NO

I worked fo ra company that tried that once. Google BANNED them, and it totally killed thier business.

This is stupid, and its a trap!

transistor
10-24-2007, 03:25 PM
There is nothing wrong with using whitehat methods... Though we'd have to make our own site instead of promoting the official site

NewEnd
10-24-2007, 03:27 PM
There is nothing wrong with using whitehat methods... Though we'd have to make our own site instead of promoting the official site

Yes there is, ethical or not, it's real that Google will ban you. I have seen it, and it is debilitating.

shepburn
10-24-2007, 03:35 PM

Man ... where are you ethics? If we win doing that ... how will we be any different then other politicains using devious methods.

This campaign is above this smart but unethical tactic.

Besides, no one questions our online dominance.

NewEnd
10-24-2007, 03:38 PM
Man ... where are you ethics? If we win doing that ... how will we be any different then other politicains using devious methods.

This campaign is above this smart but unethical tactic.

Besides, no one questions our online dominance.

No, its ethical, but not smart. Google does not fuck around. I have seen it firsthand.

transistor
10-24-2007, 03:39 PM
Newend, google will not ban you for whitehat methods. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

American
10-24-2007, 03:42 PM
being search engine optimized is being unethical, what are you talking about now?

NewEnd
10-24-2007, 03:42 PM
Newend, google will not ban you for whitehat methods. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

No you don't. I was there, I was working for the company, I knew there methods, I saw their books. It was not illegal, but it pissed Google off, and they cut us off for a year, and it was debilitating.

And SEO is not delineating white hat vs black hat. It's just SEO

Energy
10-24-2007, 03:45 PM
Google Adwords, Yahoo Search Marketing and MSN AdCenter

Someone searches for "Rudy Giuliani" on google:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=rudy+giuliani

We can have ads on the side, example:

Rudy Giuliani or Ron Paul?
.............text..............
(link to a youtube video or something)

I'm surprised Ron Paul's campaign isn't do this. It's good bang for buck, it doesn't cost until someone clicks.

Hypothetical if Ron Paul's campaign is doing this:

.10/click (rough guess)
Budget of $500 per day.
That's 150,000 clicks for $15,000

That's just for search. There's the content network that's cheaper.

transistor
10-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Newend, what were their methods exactly?

ClayTrainor
10-24-2007, 03:57 PM

I'm surprised Ron Paul's campaign isn't do this. It's good bang for buck, it doesn't cost until someone clicks.

.10/click (rough guess)
Budget of $500 per day.

Yea, they defintiely should do this. I make my living off of PPC marketing, and theres no doubt in my mind that Ron Pauls campaign would benefit a great deal from these ads, especially if we target the other candidates' keywords and have a Ron Paul ad suck away some of their traffic.

definitely something the campaign needs to look into with our money.

NewEnd
10-24-2007, 04:02 PM
Newend, what were their methods exactly?

meh, i lied, I dont remember their methods anymore. I rememebr hearing what they were, but it was 4 years ago.

Honestly, I cant even remeber what two books they had on the subject in the optimizations department.

transistor
10-24-2007, 04:16 PM

.10/click (rough guess)
Budget of $500 per day.

using the google adsense tool, the average cost per click for a guiliani keyword is about $1.30 and $8.02 for romney!

Taco John
10-24-2007, 04:19 PM
Ugh... Just link to the article. That's the worst laid out blog site in the history of blogs.

Energy
10-24-2007, 04:23 PM
using the google adsense tool, the average cost per click for a guiliani keyword is about $1.30 and $8.02 for romney!

Probably not done my master PPC marketers, who can get the cost down using high click-through rates, sizzling ad copy and relevant landing pages. I'm sending an email to the ronpaul2008 to give them a heads up on this if they haven't considered. This is a missed opportunity if they don't do this.

And even when people don't click, the ad impression still helps to flash the name Ron Paul next to the "top tiers".

Ron Paul News
10-25-2007, 08:30 AM
White hat versus black hat. White hat techniques are the key to winning the campaign for Ron Paul. The Internet is huge, but right now too many efforts are being directed to online polls, which while one important element, when focused on excessively seems to some to be spamming. Major companies all spend big bucks making sure that their interests are well represented in the search engines, Ron Paul supporters need to do the same (but remember white hat!)