PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff’s Dept. Confirms Real ID Drivers Licenses Now Part Of Facial Recognition System

awyllie
03-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Sheriff’s Dept. Confirms Real ID Drivers Licenses Now Part Of Facial Recognition System (http://1787network.com/2011/03/1787-network-report-connects-real-id-facial-recognition-systems-and-traffic-cameras-in-florida/)

A 1787 Network Exclusive - by Adrian Wyllie

DUNEDIN, FLORIDA – The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office confirmed this week that images taken from Florida drivers’ licenses have now been integrated into a multi-jurisdictional facial recognition database used by law enforcement agencies throughout Florida.

Since January 1, 2010, the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV) has been in full compliance with the Real ID Act of 2005. This federal law, administered by the Department of Homeland Security, mandates that states “subject each person applying for a driver’s license or identification card to mandatory facial image capture.” These facial image caputures are required to be compatible with facial recognition software. The law also requires that these facial image captures be combined with digital scans of identification documents, such as birth certificates and social security cards, and be uploaded to a national database.

“We are in a pilot program with DHSMV,” said Scott McCallum, Administrator of Facial Recognition Systems for the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office (PCSO). “We also have the ability to perform a [facial recognition] search against the civilian repository, the drivers’ license data set,” McCallum said, “we’ve been able to go ahead and verify identity in near real time at street level.” READ MORE (http://1787network.com/2011/03/1787-network-report-connects-real-id-facial-recognition-systems-and-traffic-cameras-in-florida/#more-877)

Austrian Econ Disciple
03-14-2011, 03:07 AM
Pinellas County is atrocious. Dunedin is beautiful too, such a shame.

mrsat_98
03-14-2011, 04:17 AM
pictures in English Gematria Equals: 666 ( p96 i54 c18 t120 u126 r108 e30 s114 )

Brooklyn Red Leg
03-14-2011, 07:17 AM
Sheriff’s Dept. Confirms Real ID Drivers Licenses Now Part Of Facial Recognition System

Yet another reason why I want to get the fuck back out of Florida. This place has turned into a police-state shit hole.

cindy25
03-14-2011, 07:39 AM
give the fascist sheriff a primary.

Jack Bauer
03-14-2011, 07:53 AM
Yay! Another licensing program!

BuddyRey
03-14-2011, 04:40 PM
Something tells me this tactic will end up climbing and strangling the southeast like legislative kudzu, possibly passing Georgia and South Carolina and ending up fully enacted and enforced in North Carolina and Virginia by the end of the year.

Joey Fuller
03-14-2011, 05:58 PM
about 1 1/2 yrs ago, I was at the DMV in Nashville, TN and I struck up a conversaton with one of the employees about the REAL ID ACT...

he stated that drivers would have to retake their pictures and they would be issued a new license with an RFID chip...

so to trick the cameras, contort your face as if you've had a stroke... convince the DMV worker that it is a medical condition and you cannot help it