PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: Samuel 1:Chapter 8: Let us Quote Bible and Reach Out to Religious Right

SanjaySingh
03-13-2011, 03:57 PM
Friends and Freedom Fighters

Ron can win the Presidency if only we believe in ourselves that he can win. And he must win. Once we know this in our hearts, we will be driven, we will be strong and we will be tenacious and we will never give up till we achieve our constitutional objectives.

We must refine and fine tune our message to reach out to diverse groups of people and relgious right is a big constituency we must not neglect. This is specially true in Iowa than New Hampshire. No matter how much they are Pro-War and Pro-Rapture, we must use Bible to convince them that our cause is right and God is on our side.

Ron Brilliantly quoted Biblical passages to spread the message of Liberty. More specifically it was the Old Testament's Samuel 1: Chapter 8 that he discussed at length.

I am enclosing both Ron's Speech and a copy of Samuel 1: Chapter 8 for our benefit.

I feel practicing Christians in Freedom movement should zealously reach out to religious right who is Pro-War and Pro Empire, and convince them how Un-Christian it is and bankrupting is.

Please also vote on the poll and please stick to the thread's tenor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pOncFuDIKM#t=3m10s

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/index.php?search=1+Samuel+8&version=NIV&interface=print (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/index.php?search=1+Samuel+8&version=NIV&interface=print)

Sola_Fide
03-13-2011, 04:02 PM
+1

Great post.

Bman
03-13-2011, 04:04 PM
and this makes it very difficult for me to advocate non-intervention

I wouldn't say it would be difficult for you to advocate non-intervention. From what I know of what you say you practice as a religion, I'd imagine you would only be follwing your beliefs in advocating non-intervention. I would say it would make more sense to say it is difficult for you to communicate non-intervention. That being said I think it is difficult for anyone to communicate non-intervention to that lot. What would Jesus do only comes into play for these people when questioning what someone else does. Never when it comes into questioning their own selfish behavior.

heavenlyboy34
03-13-2011, 04:06 PM
that's one of my favorite bits of scripture. :cool:

SanjaySingh
03-13-2011, 04:14 PM
I wouldn't say it would be difficult for you to advocate non-intervention. From what I know of what you say you practice as a religion, I'd imagine you would only be follwing your beliefs in advocating non-intervention. I would say it would make more sense to say it is difficult for you to communicate non-intervention. That being said I think it is difficult for anyone to communicate non-intervention to that lot. What would Jesus do only comes into play for these people when questioning what someone else does. Never when it comes into questioning their own selfish behavior.

There many more prominent Neocon Indians compared to Old Right Indians.

CaseyJones
03-13-2011, 04:17 PM
modified your poll , let's try less leading options next time

Freedom 4 all
03-13-2011, 05:05 PM
Eighth Commandment: Thou shall not steal

A Christian government does not steal from its people

doodle
03-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Is this true that US Church going population supported Iraq inasion over non Church going population by a margin of 2:1 ?

There is something about God that drives pelople to violent bloodsheds, holy wars and crusades.

Nate-ForLiberty
03-13-2011, 05:24 PM
yes, but be advised, you'll probably run into the "but that's not what the Bible is really talking about" argument. "Interpretation" is the greatest defense they have.

The Dark Knight
03-13-2011, 05:41 PM
Ron Paul needs to continue to talk about the Christian Just war Theory. Unfortunately most christian's have no idea what the just war theory is.....even though it is accepted by most Christians sects.

Xavi1990
03-13-2011, 05:44 PM
Eighth Commandment: Thou shall not steal

A Christian government does not steal from its people

"And be it as on earth as it it in heaven."

A Christian government shouldn't allow poverty or no health care.

GunnyFreedom
03-13-2011, 05:55 PM
Believe it or not, I don't think that most of the religious right are Neocons, I think they have just hitched their wagons to the Neocons because they are the only ones who trip over themselves to promise delivery of everything the religious right wants. Drawing the religious right into our camp will depend more on our demonstrating that while the Neocons have everything they want, we are the ones who actually have everything they need, It's time to give up the cotton candy and start eating meat, and it's time to take our medicine and save America for posterity.

The Neocons promise them everything they want by intruding Caesar (the government of man) upon the dominion of God, which belongs to the church, actually removing God from society by having the government take His place. Ron Paul and the Constitutionalist Republicans will instead get the government from OUT of God's dominion, putting that authority back into the Church where it belongs, and allowing for God's blessings to flow again.

GunnyFreedom
03-13-2011, 05:58 PM
"And be it as on earth as it it in heaven."

A Christian government shouldn't allow poverty or no health care.

You mistake the power of God for the power of man. Remember also that Yeshua Messiah also said, " the poor you will have with you always." The reason we have so many poor is that the government has claimed authority over the dominion of God. By claiming even more authority, we will have even more of the poor, broken marriages. By giving God's dominion back to God and taking it out of the government, then we will begin the long climb back to a healthy society, one which will uplift the poor and heal the indigent.

ssantoro
03-13-2011, 06:12 PM
Every effort should be made to help those who have been duped into thinking that the American military expansionist foreign policy is santioned by the Bible. One of the basis for this in the middle east is found in Genesis 12:3 when God promised Abraham "I will bless those who bless you, and he who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed." most evangelical christians take this to exclusively mean that we need to protect Israel by any means necessary. In my opinion the verse looks forward to the Christ and how people would accept or reject Him. I can"t ever be convinced that Jesus would condone how we have pillaged the third world by bankrupting our economy.

SanjaySingh
03-13-2011, 06:18 PM
You mistake the power of God for the power of man. Remember also that Yeshua Messiah also said, " the poor you will have with you always." The reason we have so many poor is that the government has claimed authority over the dominion of God. By claiming even more authority, we will have even more of the poor, broken marriages. By giving God's dominion back to God and taking it out of the government, then we will begin the long climb back to a healthy society, one which will uplift the poor and heal the indigent.

Elegant statement. The correlation between Religious (marital stability) and Non-Relgious people (legalism, spiritual nihilism, govt is God) is striking.

ssantoro
03-13-2011, 06:29 PM
The religious right is necessary to the primary campaign. If RP were to get the nomination they would have no where else to turn in the Gen election. The problem is that most of them will hitch their wagon to some neocon.

Texan4Life
03-13-2011, 06:36 PM
i voted yes...but dont over do it....

Every effort should be made to help those who have been duped into thinking that the American military expansionist foreign policy is santioned by the Bible.

+1 and it seems way worse than 2 or 3 years ago. it's not even uncommon anymore for people admit this is a straight up holy war and how the muslims threaten america's way of life and should be exterminated.

I am not religious so I have hard to fathoming how people can think this way.

No reasoning either... "how would you feel if we were being occupied and controlled by other govts.?"
"I wouldn't like it, but that's not the point muslims hate christians and it says in the koran to jihad us."

RP was right fascism will come carrying a cross wrapped in the american flag.

outspoken
03-13-2011, 06:43 PM
Friends and Freedom Fighters

Ron can win the Presidency if only we believe in ourselves that he can win. And he must win. Once we know this in our hearts, we will be driven, we will be strong and we will be tenacious and we will never give up till we achieve our constitutional objectives.

We must refine and fine tune our message to reach out to diverse groups of people and relgious right is a big constituency we must not neglect. This is specially true in Iowa than New Hampshire. No matter how much they are Pro-War and Pro-Rapture, we must use Bible to convince them that our cause is right and God is on our side.

Ron Brilliantly quoted Biblical passages to spread the message of Liberty. More specifically it was the Old Testament's Samuel 1: Chapter 8 that he discussed at length.

I am enclosing both Ron's Speech and a copy of Samuel 1: Chapter 8 for our benefit.

Even though I am Hindu/Jain (and this makes it very difficult for me to advocate non-intervention because I am seen as "the other" and not one of them),
I feel practicing Christians in Freedom movement should zealously reach out to religious right who is Pro-War and Pro Empire, and convince them how Un-Christian it is and bankrupting is.

Please also vote on the poll and please stick to the thread's tenor. Some of my previous threads dealing with Diversity were hijacked by a couple of members with hate filled Anti-Diversity Agenda, and I hope it will not happen in future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pOncFuDIKM#t=3m10s

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/index.php?search=1+Samuel+8&version=NIV&interface=print (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/index.php?search=1+Samuel+8&version=NIV&interface=print)

Gandhi was Hindu and he was alright in my book. I believe it was also him who said, 'I like your Christ but I do not like your Christians. They are so not like your Christ.' We are all human beings first and foremost. We all have different ways of trying to know that level of consciousness which cannot be defined by the 5 senses as the various religions do. There is sacred wisdom to be found in all faiths. It is only ignorance that seperates us as in the case of religion. It is imperative that we raise the bar on the state of consciousness of that which divides us amongst our various faiths. All faiths share the unifying principle of the Golden Rule. It is high time Christians get off their bravado high horse and start acting like real disciples of Christ through advocating of non-violence, charity, and compassion for others. Unfortunately, the squeaky wheel gets the oil and it is the most ardent, loud, and ignorant of those who call themselves Christians who get the spotlight of the media.

ssantoro
03-13-2011, 06:50 PM
i voted yes...but dont over do it....

I believe they can be reached with the proper education. Most of them only know what they here from the pulpits on Sunday morning. Many politicians come to our church to speak. Rick Santorum was there one Sunday and all he talked about was Abortion and family values. It is what they think we want to here as Christians. I would much rather here about liberty and seperation of church and state.