PDA

View Full Version : Am I nuts?

entropy
10-24-2007, 07:46 AM
You know I lived a pretty normal life. Free of paranoia, blissful in my ignorance. I was a good republican for 20 years, voted the party line. Bought my slice of the American pie and played by the rules. Though sometimes I had an uneasy feeling about the rules and how much I actually benefited.

I was severely injured this year at work which has left me at home with lots of time on my hands and nothing to do. So I started reading and researching everyday as my new hobby. I thought what the hell, I am stuck at home so I might as well enrich my mind about life; By life I mean the whole enchilada, the big picture and all the little pieces within. I even studied ancient eastern philosophy, I practice Taoism with a Christian base theme now. Amazing what the ancient oriental people knew.

In all my reading and researching what I have found is the proverbial rabbit hole in Alice in Wonderland. I was pretty smug in regards to my views before this, just a regular beer drinking football watching Joe. What I have now learned is I know less and less each day. The wife thinks I am getting a little wacky with my politics. So much so that we try to avoid discussing it with each other for fear of arguments arising from our divergent views.

Here is what I have found.
1. Corporations and Bankers control the world. I would have thought this to be a crazed loons position not too long ago. By control I mean exert influence via lobbyists and pacs to influence government policy( CFR as an example).

2. Our foreign policy is completely f@@cked up. We support the Afghanistan freedom fighters against USSR. Now they are islamofascists. We overthrow(CIA) Iran's democratically elected leader in 1953 because he wants to nationalize the oil(which the West covets or owns). We hire Saddam Hussein to assassinate the Iraq leader in the 1960's because the Iraq leader wants to nationalize his countries oil(west covets or owns) and help put him in power. I could go on much longer on the jaded history of America's interventionist foreign policy f@@k ups.

3. Politicians are the enablers/conduits for corporations/bankers/power elite to manipulate the world.

4. The religious right(moral majority) are a very gullible political group. I once drank the kool aid.

5. Fiat money and the implications of the system....and boy does it look grim right now! We are looking at a recession the likes we have not seen in decades.

6. The mission creep tactics being used to eliminate the protections our Constitution gave us. THIS IS REALLY SCARY STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. The rampant dependency of the populace on big brother government to take care of us cradle to grave. This is a disaster in the making. The more government is involved the more your freedom is in jeopardy.

8. The actual size and scope of the government.

9. North American Union, amero, one world government etc. etc.

bleh....I could go on for much much much longer. Here is my question to you.....

Am I crazy, have I fallen too far down the rabbit hole and hit my head too many times on the way down. Am I paranoid and delusional or is it as grim as it now appears to me?

As a closing note I will say I have the greatest admiration for the founders of this country and the wonderful document's they wrote, The United States Constitution and The Bill Of Rights. We have been blessed with the most important and epic story of Human Freedom in the history of mankind.

Thank You for listening and Am I crazy?

Shiranu
10-24-2007, 07:54 AM
We are either both crazy, or both not crazy. I've come to about the same conclusion about how messed up everything is, and some times look back and am like "Woah, like... a year ago, with 4/5ths of the things I say about stuff now... I would consider my self a lunatic."

unklejman
10-24-2007, 08:29 AM
I have also looked into all of that stuff and I find it hard to completely invest in it. You really have to have faith in your sources, and I'm not sure how much I put into them.

nullvalu
10-24-2007, 08:33 AM
Same here.. I'm afraid now when I just talk about this stuff I'll come off as a nut.. My wife has always thought I'm sorta nuts.. ;) But I tried telling my sister (an economics/math major) about the Fed and she thinks I'm completely nuts.. hopefully she'll come around.. tho she is a fan of Ron Paul's laissez faire principles in economics (true free markets)

EvilTwinkie
10-24-2007, 09:52 AM
Maybe stop reading for awhile and watch a football game now and then, or you might end up like me and read books like 'crossing the rubicon' and anything by albert jay nock or howard bloom and then not only will you start avoiding talking to your wife about politics, but you wont talk to anyone about it period for fear of sounding like a lunatic.

Im learning that free speach is only free when youre talking about beer and football :)

unklejman
10-24-2007, 10:34 AM
Ugh football....

entropy
10-24-2007, 10:39 AM
Ugh football....

I gave it up, to many far more interesting things to spend my time on now.

dsentell
10-24-2007, 10:39 AM
entropy, if you are crazy, so am I. I've been seeing the things you mention for the past couple of years. Sometimes I wonder why nobody else sees this stuff. Are they all asleep or am I simply delusional?

Primbs
10-24-2007, 10:42 AM
It may not be as grim as you think.

But there is plenty to worry about.

TVMH
10-24-2007, 10:47 AM
Your effectiveness in talking about such things with the uninformed is determined solely, IMO, by the way the in which you present the material.

If you come across as paranoid and scared, your message loses its appeal.

If you come across as incredulous (i.e., "WTF! How could this happen?!), and are able to back up your statements with facts, you will be much more effective.

sedele
10-24-2007, 10:50 AM
I'm with you on most of this. We're not crazy, we're the only one's who are sane! ;)

werdd
10-24-2007, 10:51 AM
we are all completely insane

unklejman
10-24-2007, 10:53 AM
We all are nuts! Nuts for challenging such a corrupt and powerful establishment.

nullvalu
10-24-2007, 11:02 AM
As long as your brand of truth doesn't come in the form of David Icke's reptilian bloodline theory I think you're still rather sane.

Original_Intent
10-24-2007, 11:11 AM
The good news is, people who are insane never ask themselves if they are crazy.

The bad news is this means a lot of your concerns are likely valid.

The other good news is the power elite, trying to amass as much power into individuals as possible are relatively few in number. And they are vulnerable, like vampires, all we need to do to win is expose them to daylight. We just need to be careful not to scare the crap out of the half-awake populace as we do it.

Dustancostine
10-24-2007, 11:16 AM
I gave it up, to many far more interesting things to spend my time on now.

Welcome to the club. I have a similar story. I didn't get injured but own my own business and have a lot of free time. I became an ardent reader in college. I have become one politically angry person.

I too also used to watch football and baseball, but have given it up this past year. It just doesn't mean anything anymore.

--Dustan

werdd
10-24-2007, 11:19 AM
i finally have something to watch since the cowboys are actually pretty good this year

kylejack
10-24-2007, 11:22 AM
I used to think one-world government was tinfoil hat nonsense, but now Vicente Fox is all but confirming it on national television. I don't know what to think anymore, because the line between real and conspiracy nonsense has been blurred so much.

rockwell
10-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Sounds like you've simply educated yourself. Tyranny depends upon ignorance and sloth, you obviously aren't in either category.

I don't think this makes it any easier, but when you try to look at mankind as an animal species engaged in survival, the behaviors start to look a little less irrational and a little more natural. Animals survive because they are willing to do whatever is neccessary in order TO survive. Hence the behaviors that look- to a civilized person- as irrational or cruel, start to look, well, natural. It doesn't mean we can't do better, but it does mean we can't reasonable expect people NOT to behave in their own best interests even at the cost of other humans around them.

smtwngrl
10-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Well, some of the things you've learned maybe incorrect, but I'm guessing that most of them are not. (Even if only 25% are, we're in trouble.)

It's hard for people to become/allow themselves to be educated, because no one wants to hear/believe "bad news", especially when that's not what the mainstream is saying.

One plus of being educated, though, is that you appreciate freedom more. I am much more patriotic than I used to be. Then I took things for granted, and did not feel a strong sense of patriotism, because I thought that could never be threatened. (I started to get educated in the mid 90's.) I learned that what I thought before was false, that the founding fathers gave us what they did, and it's our job to keep it.

lucius
10-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Good people, welcome and keep your powder dry!

RP4ME
10-24-2007, 12:19 PM
I just woke up about 4 mos ago in some ways I wish I could go back to bitching about what I bitched about then.....Now I realize things how easy things feel and flow when you feel like u are free. Sigh!

Its not fun i wake up everymorong now and am sad to leave my dreamstate no matter how upsetting that was b/c reality is not pleasant. I need to get a handle on all this....people have reminded me its been going on for decades......so it doesnt mean everything happens tom. But leaders are getting more bold and in your face b/c I think they know they have limited time.....with the internet and all as france Sarkozy, Gordon Brown, Bush, fox, CFR and others keep propting the NWO mantra and OWG and OW currency......Yes wont those days be grand!

EvilEngineer
10-24-2007, 12:27 PM
Guess I'm crazy too... oh well. Thanks Mom and Dad... you gave me a shit hole country. I'm scared to bring a kid into this world at the moment.

Perry
10-24-2007, 12:29 PM
You know I lived a pretty normal life. Free of paranoia, blissful in my ignorance. I was a good republican for 20 years, voted the party line. Bought my slice of the American pie and played by the rules. Though sometimes I had an uneasy feeling about the rules and how much I actually benefited.

I was severely injured this year at work which has left me at home with lots of time on my hands and nothing to do. So I started reading and researching everyday as my new hobby. I thought what the hell, I am stuck at home so I might as well enrich my mind about life; By life I mean the whole enchilada, the big picture and all the little pieces within. I even studied ancient eastern philosophy, I practice Taoism with a Christian base theme now. Amazing what the ancient oriental people knew.

In all my reading and researching what I have found is the proverbial rabbit hole in Alice in Wonderland. I was pretty smug in regards to my views before this, just a regular beer drinking football watching Joe. What I have now learned is I know less and less each day. The wife thinks I am getting a little wacky with my politics. So much so that we try to avoid discussing it with each other for fear of arguments arising from our divergent views.

1. Corporations and Bankers control the world. I would have thought this to be a crazed loons position not too long ago. By control I mean exert influence via lobbyists and pacs to influence government policy( CFR as an example).

2. Our foreign policy is completely f@@cked up. We support the Afghanistan freedom fighters against USSR. Now they are islamofascists. We overthrow(CIA) Iran's democratically elected leader in 1953 because he wants to nationalize the oil(which the West covets or owns). We hire Saddam Hussein to assassinate the Iraq leader in the 1960's because the Iraq leader wants to nationalize his countries oil(west covets or owns) and help put him in power. I could go on much longer on the jaded history of America's interventionist foreign policy f@@k ups.

3. Politicians are the enablers/conduits for corporations/bankers/power elite to manipulate the world.

4. The religious right(moral majority) are a very gullible political group. I once drank the kool aid.

5. Fiat money and the implications of the system....and boy does it look grim right now! We are looking at a recession the likes we have not seen in decades.

6. The mission creep tactics being used to eliminate the protections our Constitution gave us. THIS IS REALLY SCARY STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. The rampant dependency of the populace on big brother government to take care of us cradle to grave. This is a disaster in the making. The more government is involved the more your freedom is in jeopardy.

bleh....I could go on for much much much longer. Here is my question to you.....

Am I crazy, have I fallen too far down the rabbit hole and hit my head too many times on the way down. Am I paranoid and delusional or is it as grim as it now appears to me?

As a closing note I will say I have the greatest admiration for the founders of this country and the wonderful document's they wrote, The United States Constitution and The Bill Of Rights. We have been blessed with the most important and epic story of Human Freedom in the history of mankind.

Listen up. You haven't got everything right but the world is a crazy place. If you read history you know that the truth is stranger than fiction. Why should the current times in which we live be any different than the rest of mankind's history? Throughout history i think it is safe to say that most people didn't have a grasp on just how strange and interesting the times were that they were living in. So no you are not crazy. The key however is not to believe it when people tell you how crazy you are. People literally are driven crazy with this information. I see it all the time. People gather information and believe they are crazy because the truth seems crazy and the rest of the world tells them they are so they begin to believe it. Don't fall into that pit. You are perfectly sane. The other pit not to fall into is to believe that all your information is accurate. Always leave room for your own misinterpretation even on the most important issues lest you close the door to truth. Be it political or religious.

Wendi
10-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Yes. You are on Ron Paul Forums - a known hangout for conspiracy nuts and mental patients. Obviously, your sanity is at risk.

At least, that's what the media would have you believe :D

BigTimeMoe
10-24-2007, 03:29 PM
I woke up in June. It seems the more I read and watch and the more I research - the angrier I am with myself for being so lazy and not paying attention! I am shocked and embarassed that we have to work so hard to get back to reason and the rule of law. I also dread the long road ahead since getting Dr. Paul on the ballot and into the Presidency is only half the battle. Getting Congress straightened out is the next thing. I think it's going to be more difficult to get folks motivated to stay in this and see it through to the real end (the right President + right Congress = peace and prosperity at last).

kaleidoscope eyes
10-24-2007, 03:38 PM
we are all completely insane
I find you NEED to be a little crazy to stay mostly sane in this world.

so entropy, you are MOSTLY not crazy, lol ;)

im_a_pepper
10-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Your description fits mine to a "T" perfectly even down to the avoiding politics talk with the wife. We just avoid it because she refuses to understand why I mildly obsess on something. Heck I'm even currently out on disability from work also. Strange that we all have similar stories.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-24-2007, 03:46 PM
The wife thinks I am getting a little wacky with my politics.

Everyone thinks my politics is wacky :p

hornet
10-24-2007, 03:52 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes I wonder why nobody else sees this stuff. Are they all asleep or am I simply delusional?

i was 'asleep' many years ago, one day by chance i read a book, ' this perfect day' by ira levin, i started to wake up and by '88 i was fully awake and voted for rp. there's just one catch to this 'waking up' thing tho, you'll never sleep again!:o

JosephTheLibertarian
10-24-2007, 03:56 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i was 'asleep' many years ago, one day by chance i read a book, ' this perfect day' by ira levin, i started to wake up and by '88 i was fully awake and voted for rp. there's just one catch to this 'waking up' thing tho, you'll never sleep again!:o

Yeah, you can't ever stop thinking.

benhaskins
10-24-2007, 05:23 PM
i think its a natural reaction. when i learned that santa claus wasnt real i cried and resisted. however, over time i learned to accept it. i believe there are parallels in ron paul's message. the manipulation runs so deep that its hard to absorb at first but once u do it stays with u forever.

ladyliberty
10-24-2007, 05:28 PM
Welcome to the Twilight Zone! Rod Sterling could not have written an episode any better than the times we live in! A world where good is evil and right is wrong and sane is crazy! The question is - are there enough of us sane people left who have NOT been beguiled by Big Brother to turn back the tide???

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jnvRUV6EisA

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kaSQ-LNp9Nk

rp4prez
10-24-2007, 05:47 PM
I'm just another echo to all the other users here. I lived the brainwash for several years loving BO, Stupidy, and Faux News. While watching them I just began to really dislike how they were treating their guests that didn't agree with them (you all know what that's like). I was an avid reader of msnbc.com but don't visit it much any longer. I've read more on wikipedia than I care to admit. I've even gone so far to read sources of sources and research the authors to see if they are credible! I could talk about the Fed until I'm blue in the face and my theory of the NAU is going to replace the green back and save us from a huge melt down and how the elites know it is going to save us etc. However, all that is just speculation and it's fun to speculate right? But you have to be careful of who you speculate to because they immediately think you are a conspiracy theorist tin foil nut job even when you make it perfectly clear you don't actually believe what you are talking about but can see how it all could possibly connect together. Most people I chat too call me a loon or brainwashed for my views. I usually come away thinking they are the loon and they are brainwashed because they REALLY don't know how the system works. However, since the majority doesn't know how it works they come off looking like the sane one and I come off looking like the loon, when actually in reality it's the exact opposite. Just think if one of those "brainwashed" people came here and started a thread about how great everything was. We would practically jump them (in a nice way I'm sure) but still we are a vast majority here at the forums. Anyway, I don't worry too much about what people think of me. I remind them that I'm a nice guy we just have different points of views and I'll be happy to read anything they provide so I can understand their point of view. However, most of the time they can't even provide one article or book. Then I sit back and laugh at them and tell them to go read. :)

Proemio
10-24-2007, 06:04 PM
The other good news is the power elite, trying to amass as much power into individuals as possible are relatively few in number. And they are vulnerable, like vampires, all we need to do to win is expose them to daylight.

Yep.
Once you have to use your power overtly, you are in the process of losing it. - moi, ca. 1999.
Look around - they're toast...

History - and common sense - tell us that it never takes a particulaly large segment of the population to 'go crazy', in order to chase the death-cult back under the nearest rock - we are getting there...

I used to think "not in my life-time", but now I not so sure anymore :D

Regards,
Crazy

voortrekker
10-24-2007, 06:33 PM
You are not crazy.

The points you've made, I agree with all of it.

It's hard to imagine that this is true.

"Eternal vigilance is the price of freedom."

Waking up is the hardest part, but I doubt you'll never go back.

RP4ME
10-24-2007, 06:49 PM
Your description fits mine to a "T" perfectly even down to the avoiding politics talk with the wife. We just avoid it because she refuses to understand why I mildly obsess on something. Heck I'm even currently out on disability from work also. Strange that we all have similar stories.

Mee three - too much time on our hands to figure all thsi out but a blessing nonetheless

Smiley Gladhands
10-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Denial.

People prefer their blissful ignorance to the truth.

They will see eventually, it's just a matter of whether we convince them or if reality has to.

:)Gladhands

paulitics
10-24-2007, 07:08 PM

you took the red pill and realize you were living in a fantasy land. Many peple are waking up, but not nearly enough yet to halt this descent into tyrrany. An ignorant civilization is an enslaved one. No, there is nothing wrong with you, you just have more knowledge, which breeds more questions, which will help you acquire more knowledge, endless cycle. But yu know what they say, "ignrance is bliss".

James ODonnell
10-24-2007, 07:19 PM
Welcome to the Twilight Zone! Rod Sterling could not have written an episode any better than the times we live in! A world where good is evil and right is wrong and sane is crazy! The question is - are there enough of us sane people left who have NOT been beguiled by Big Brother to turn back the tide???

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jnvRUV6EisA

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kaSQ-LNp9Nk

Rod Serling was a genius and wrote all about Big Brother many times. The best was:

The Obsolete Man
Writer: Rod Serling
Director: Elliot Silverstein

A librarian in a future society is declared obsolete and told he must die.
CAST: Burgess Meredith, Fritz Weaver

But in todays climate the one which is most applicable is:

Hocus Pocus and Frisby
Writer: Rod Serling, based on an unpublished story by Frederic Louis Fox
Director: Lamont Johnson

A celebrated yam-spinner finds no one will believe his latest tale — that he was kidnapped by aliens.
CAST: Andy Devine, Milton Selzer, Larry Breitman, Howard McNear, Dabbs Greer, Clem Bevans, Peter Brocco.

Now how do I fit this in today? Well Frisby was a patholocigal liar and vanqueshed the aliens with his lies. But this was a "fun" type story but if you change things a bit it fits right in today.

George Bush is a patholigical liar, but only causes things to get worse for everyone with his lies and actions. Causing death, destruction and despare around the earth. You can call him the "Anti-Frisby."

Rod Serling would have had a "field day" writing stories about Bush, to bad he died so young. In his stories the "good guys" usually won in the end, or at worse at lease has the last laugh as the "evil ones" went up in smoke.

kylejack
10-24-2007, 07:20 PM
Rod Serling was a genius and wrote all about Big Brother many times. The best was:

The Obsolete Man
Writer: Rod Serling
Director: Elliot Silverstein

A librarian in a future society is declared obsolete and told he must die.
CAST: Burgess Meredith, Fritz Weaver

But in todays climate the one which is most applicable is:

Hocus Pocus and Frisby
Writer: Rod Serling, based on an unpublished story by Frederic Louis Fox
Director: Lamont Johnson

A celebrated yam-spinner finds no one will believe his latest tale — that he was kidnapped by aliens.
CAST: Andy Devine, Milton Selzer, Larry Breitman, Howard McNear, Dabbs Greer, Clem Bevans, Peter Brocco.

Monsters on Maple Street...Islamo-fascism.

James ODonnell
10-24-2007, 11:20 PM
Monsters on Maple Street...Islamo-fascism.

Monsters On Maple Street was about the hysteria caused by fear mongers and how former neighbors could turn on each other quickly even to the point of murder. If you mean that the term Islamo-fascism is desigened by the Bush administration to instill fear of Islam into Americans then there is a simliarity.

Actually there is no such thing as Islamo-fascism. It is a pyschological pys-ops term meant to influence opinion and not to describe an actual political idea or philosophy.

It would be as silly as me using the term Bushien-fascism or Hitlerian-fascism. Although both Bush and Hitler were and are Fascist to variying degrees. Fascism was invented in Italy and is a "real" political term.

Historically under Hitler their fascism was called NAZI which is the shortened term for National Socialist German Workers Party and is the political party which Adolf Hilter joined and later led.

I "invented," borrowing on the previous term, the term GAZI to apply to Bush's political party [also many others around the world]. This is basically the same except they are more general than Hitler who was a Nationalist.

They are globalist in the fine tradition of the Communist Party, therefore GAZI stands for Global Socialist World Political Party.

Malakai0
10-25-2007, 02:58 AM
A lot of us are in the same situation. For whatever initial reason, all of us noticed this small hole of information on the internet, and followed it down and down.

Eventually you come to the truth pretty much exactly as you described it. A small elite group of people control most of the world, and practically everything our government does is part of their agenda. There is corruption in Washington more widespread or well established than we ever would have thought possible.

The truth of the economy is equally as shocking. The level of information control exercised to keep us from knowing anything about the truth of the economy is staggering and scary.

Welcome to the real world we didn't know we lived in. What keeps me up at night is whether or not it's already too late for my generation.

bunklocoempire
10-25-2007, 04:54 AM
I woke up June/July and cannot shut up about what I've discovered. The best lessons of life are the hardest ones. The thing that makes Freedom/Liberty works is personal responsibility, and I pray that personal responsibility comes back into fashion, if it don't we're screwed until it is a forced lesson/collapse. Talk the talk and walk the walk. Set a good example for others and help out the people you know the best you can. Learn 'em good, get 'em wise!

ladyliberty
10-25-2007, 05:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWEU13PMmQg

Obsolete Man 9 min clip for those who do not remember this episode.

Monsters on Maple Street was mostly about the Cold War days of Communism - but could also apply to us today. Rod Stirling did his shows with a very tongue in cheek plot line - it was the only way he could get his episodes on the air without being sensored - the man truly was a genius!

James ODonnell
10-25-2007, 05:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWEU13PMmQg

Obsolete Man 9 min clip for those who do not remember this episode.

Monsters on Maple Street was mostly about the Cold War days of Communism - but could also apply to us today. Rod Stirling did his shows with a very tongue in cheek plot line - it was the only way he could get his episodes on the air without being sensored - the man truly was a genius!

I remembered the YouTube video link after I posted my reply, thanks for inserting it.

Yes, even then, he had to disguise his plot lines so as not to offend the "powers that be" because they were [and are] so dense as to not be able figure things out, ha! You may also remember that these TZ shows were all the rage on college campus' just like our hero Ron Paul.

lucius
10-25-2007, 11:29 AM
...death-cult...

Good to see this. My friend has a great description, "That death-cult from way back when, always seeking world domination..."

Akus
10-26-2007, 12:55 AM
You know I lived a pretty normal life. Free of paranoia, blissful in my ignorance. I was a good republican for 20 years, voted the .....

Don't worry that your eyes hurt, you've never used them before.. (I bet no one gets the movie reference.)

hutch
10-26-2007, 06:11 AM
I have a hard time talking to people who are still sleeping about this stuff because all my anger comes out. I don't know if they think I am crazy or just pissed off. Either way, I am not very convincing.

nexalacer
10-26-2007, 06:34 AM
The only way I would call you nuts is if you look at all the things you've found, really look at it rationally, reasoning from first principles, and then came to the conclusion that government can fix all of the problems that government created.

It's time to find a new way to think about this stuff guys, check out Freedom in the form of Philosophy. (http://www.freedomainradio.com)

unklejman
10-26-2007, 07:31 AM
Don't worry that your eyes hurt, you've never used them before.. (I bet no one gets the movie reference.)

The Matrix?

rodent
10-26-2007, 07:39 AM
We are either both crazy, or both not crazy. I've come to about the same conclusion about how messed up everything is, and some times look back and am like "Woah, like... a year ago, with 4/5ths of the things I say about stuff now... I would consider my self a lunatic."

Yep, same.

I tell my friends and no one takes me seriously anymore. I've lost most of my friends and mostly stick to the patriot scene now, just because there's nowhere else to go.

I'm not white, either. Non-whites think I have become some kind of redneck wanna-be, but they don't get it. I try to explain to them that these weird racial distinctions don't matter and are just a way to keep us not focused on the fact that EVERYONE is going to get a shitty deal under a police state.

noxagol
10-26-2007, 07:42 AM
Yeah, when I read and watch this stuff, makes it hard to maintain sanity. Sometimes I wish I was a lesser person.

Shiranu
10-26-2007, 07:49 AM
Yeah, when I read and watch this stuff, makes it hard to maintain sanity. Sometimes I wish I was a lesser person.

Same, same... but in the end, would you rather be ignorant intill they pull something so big you are forced to wake up, and its too late, or be awake now, and at least be some what prepared for a big move?

noxagol
10-26-2007, 07:51 AM
Same, same... but in the end, would you rather be ignorant intill they pull something so big you are forced to wake up, and its too late, or be awake now, and at least be some what prepared for a big move?

What I mean by lesser person is morally (gather from this what you will). I'm glad I learn these things. In fact, me and another friend of mine talk and we both agree that there has been something amiss in the world, and we could never really place our finger on it.

Shiranu
10-26-2007, 07:54 AM
Oh, my mistake, I took it as intellectually.

Dustancostine
10-26-2007, 08:06 AM
Guess I'm crazy too... oh well. Thanks Mom and Dad... you gave me a shit hole country. I'm scared to bring a kid into this world at the moment.

Bring in as many as you possible can. Who is going to fight in the future if you don't. What is the point of fighting if there is going to be no future generations.

--Dustan

Corydoras
10-26-2007, 05:24 PM
I was going to cite this quote from Billy Graham and was amazed to realize that I had read it in 2005. What he says about the evangelicals rings true about America as a whole:

'Graham says the changing winds of evangelism remind him of a scene from The Sound of Music. After Germany invaded Austria, the Austrian Baron von Trapp, astonished when a teenager snaps into a Hitler salute, says in dismay, "My world is passing me by."'

http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2005-05-15-graham-cover_x.htm

centure7
10-26-2007, 09:20 PM

I am right there with you, and assure you that you are not crazy. Today is the information age. Before I saw Ron Paul a couple weeks ago on YouTube, I would have never even considered the idea of no federal reserve. When you learn how it was started though, you realize it is based on fraud. But please, don't even for a second be afraid to share your thoughts. I come from a family of neo-con type people (support Bush nomatter what because you have to if you want to be a good Christian).

Here is what you do: You *only* make positive statements. I would *NEVER* say that I'm anti-war around my family. I would just say that "I just think we've been there too long" or use the word "for peace" instead of "anti-war". Today I was talking to a family member and it went something like this:

(Me)"I didn't object to Iraq that much but its been so long they havn't set a date I've given up on that"
(him)"We have to stay in Iraq because they need us there. Thinks are falling apart."
(me)"Yeah, they are falling apart. But will it really get worse if they leave?"
"Oh yeah, things will spread... with all that is happening in Afganistan, Saudi Arabia....(I cut him off)"
(me)"I thought the Saudis were in good shape"
"I don't know... but things could fall apart if we pulled out immedately"

The conversation didn't go on much longer, but I do what I always do... keep positive, never directly disagree, and most importantly keep an open mind in case I am wrong. To anyone else, including both me and him, it was just another conversation. Believe me... you can tell people what you think even when you are the most opposite there is if you just follow those guidelines. In fact let me just tell you that all my good man had to tell me was a good piece of evidence that things would spread into other countries and I would have re-set my views on setting a date for Iraq. If you keep an open mind and accept that others have the right to keep theirs closed, its not that tough to be a retro-con in a family of neo-cons.

centure7
10-26-2007, 09:34 PM
PS - I would never even say I'm "anti-war" at an anti-war protest. I'd still just stick with "for peace", "spread peace", "bring peace", etc.

Channing
10-26-2007, 09:38 PM

No you're not. Basically the same thing happened to about 18 months ago. Welcome to the club.

Keep on researching, eventually you'll get to the "good stuff" (and I mean that in a positive sense).