PDA

View Full Version : Rep Bachmann: "The 1st thing I'd release if running for president is my birth certificate"

qh4dotcom
03-12-2011, 08:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cHejqXogZE

crazyfacedjenkins
03-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Of the lesser evils, I'd pick Obama over this cunt.

Stary Hickory
03-12-2011, 09:37 AM

Oh please speak for yourself. Obama has proven what douchebag he is already. I am for him being kicked the hell out just like I was for GW Bush being canned with the GOP congress of the Bush years.

I'll take just about anything over Obama

Xavi1990
03-12-2011, 09:40 AM
I would end the illegal wars, stop foreign aid and pull troops out of every country that they're in. All part of getting the deficit down. That's what I'd do first. Nearly every law has been broke, so Obama being from Mars wouldn't really make a difference.

Carson
03-12-2011, 09:42 AM
Perhaps the second thing would be to endlessly plead with the government to do something about the illegal aliens that would then be using her identification.

She is a great lady.

crazyfacedjenkins
03-12-2011, 10:09 AM
She's a kook and worse for liberty than Obama. Only a kooky birther would think otherwise.

qh4dotcom
03-12-2011, 10:10 AM
She's a kook and worse for liberty than Obama. Only a kooky birther would think otherwise.

As long as she's talking about the birth certificate who cares if she's a kook.

Eric21ND
03-12-2011, 10:11 AM
I really dislike this woman.

silentshout
03-12-2011, 10:22 AM

Agreed.

crazyfacedjenkins
03-12-2011, 10:27 AM
As long as she's talking about the birth certificate who cares if she's a kook.

SHE'S WASTING TIME TALKING ABOUT BULL SHIT BIRTH CERTIFICATES!!!! We have the fed running rampant, the patriot act, 2 wars, etc. and all that the birthers, like Bachmann, are talking about is fucking birth certificates! Is this what you really want to waste your fucking time with???? Do you not see the fucking distraction??

BamaAla
03-12-2011, 10:28 AM
I'm surprised she didn't say "the first thing I'd release is Jonathan Pollard." That seems to be the trend amongst her kind right now.

Echoes
03-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Didnt she vote for the UnPatriot Act a few weeks ago ?

iamse7en
03-12-2011, 10:47 AM
But Napolitano says she's a "staunch defender of the constitution!" He can be an idiot sometimes.

Koz
03-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Bachmann, although a raging neocon, cannot in any way be worse than Obama. At least she is fiscally coservative. I'm not saying I would vote for her, because I wouldn't, but no way she's worse than Obama.

I think it would be hilarious if, whoever the Repub. nominee is, the first thing they do is put thier birth certificate out there for the public to view.

JohnEngland
03-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Oh please. People are taking her comment far too seriously.

Perhaps people should listen to the clip before going on a bashing-fest. She's just joking around. It's hardly a serious comment about policy and governance.

Gee, it's threads like this that make me want to defend and support people like Bachmann, simply because she's being irrationally attacked and not because I necessarily agree with her on x, y or z.

Zap!
03-12-2011, 11:47 AM
SHE'S WASTING TIME TALKING ABOUT BULL SHIT BIRTH CERTIFICATES!!!! We have the fed running rampant, the patriot act, 2 wars, etc. and all that the birthers, like Bachmann, are talking about is fucking birth certificates! Is this what you really want to waste your fucking time with???? Do you not see the fucking distraction??

It's in the Constitution, it's not a distraction.

qh4dotcom
03-12-2011, 11:58 AM

The birth certificate issue is the fastest way to nullify all the damage Obama has signed into law including some of the stuff you talked about like the extension of the Patriot Act.

Andrew-Austin
03-12-2011, 12:02 PM

The Constitution hasn't matter in a very very long time. All sorts of things the government does today are unconstitutional, interventionist programs here and abroad. Obama isn't going to get kicked out of the White House because he was foreign born, simply won't happen. Focus on more important issues. Because really to anyone who isn't a birther, it just seems like partisan trash, bigotry, constitutional fetishism that discredits the constitution. And really, if you ask your average conservative voter on the street about Obama's birth place, you are most likely going to get an argument against him rooted in bigotry, neocon partisanship, and a new-found fetish for the constitution simply realized because a democrat is now in power instead of a republican.

qh4dotcom
03-12-2011, 12:06 PM
The Constitution hasn't matter in a very very long time. All sorts of things the government does today are unconstitutional, interventionist programs here and abroad. Obama isn't going to get kicked out of the White House because he was foreign born, simply won't happen. Focus on more important issues. Because really to anyone who isn't a birther, it just seems like partisan trash, bigotry, constitutional fetishism that discredits the constitution. And really, if you ask your average conservative voter on the street about Obama's birth place, you are most likely going to get an argument against him rooted in bigotry, neocon partisanship, and a new-found fetish for the constitution simply realized because a democrat is now in power instead of a republican.

So if the Constitution doesn't matter then let's repeal the oath of office...why make the members of Congress take it if they're not serious about it? (sarcasm)

Andrew-Austin
03-12-2011, 12:18 PM
So if the Constitution doesn't matter then let's repeal the oath of office...why make the members of Congress take it if they're not serious about it? (sarcasm)

It would take mass revolts/protests, like we saw in Egypt only much larger, to see this go anywhere. That is all I am saying. And then if such a revolt were to come about, it might as well be about something more important than Obama's birth certificate.

But I don't get your point? Why would they repeal it? They want the illusion of constitutionality, they want to be able to bullshit it. I mean its like trying to use the system to say, get Obama to admit 9/11 was an inside job or to get Congress to create a committee exploring the idea. You might as well petition the local mafia in to turning themselves in to the authorities.

Rothbardian Girl
03-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Bachmann, although a raging neocon, cannot in any way be worse than Obama. At least she is fiscally coservative. I'm not saying I would vote for her, because I wouldn't, but no way she's worse than Obama.

I think it would be hilarious if, whoever the Repub. nominee is, the first thing they do is put thier birth certificate out there for the public to view.

She's not fiscally conservative if she supports the wars, though. She's trash. If she's so anti-Fed, doesn't she see the connection between the Federal Reserve and our foreign policy?? I just don't think she'd be any better for the country than Obama.

daviddee
03-12-2011, 01:31 PM

Ditto.

sailingaway
03-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Well, that should make for an interesting campaign announcement, shouldn't it? :rolleyes:

sailingaway
03-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Ditto.

they both voted to extend the Patriot Act.

doodle
03-12-2011, 02:50 PM
And I thought it was going to be some hot ait she was going to release...as she often does anyways.

Neocon piece of hot air.

daviddee
03-12-2011, 03:10 PM

Aratus
03-12-2011, 03:13 PM
is there a lexington new hampshire?
ms. bachmann was talking about
lexington + concord + the shot heard
around the world and assumed the
gun that set it all off was in lexington
new hampshire. i gotta luv her for this!
the confrontation in 1775 also had
out of state militia men most patriotic?

Aratus
03-12-2011, 03:18 PM
i just did a net~search right now...
rep. bachmann was praising the state
plymouth rock is at! although both
massachusetts and new hampshire
have their lexingtons and concords,
there is only ONE plymouth rock!!!
she also thinks plymouth rock is in N.H!

SWATH
03-12-2011, 03:20 PM
The second thing she would release would be the bats in the belfry.

Aratus
03-12-2011, 03:25 PM
upon doing a further net~search, indeed yes... there is
a PLYMOUTH NEW HAMPSHIRE! she can be forgiven for
thinking the PILGRIMs landed on that small stretch that
is the NEW HAMPSHIRE coast on the merrie ATLANTIC!
if ms. bachmann sorta forgot where the Pilgrims went...
can we forgive her for having seen a concord, a plymouth
and a REVOLUTIONARY LEXINGTON up in new hampshire?
there is a metal fence around our plymouth rock because
the hordes of tourists once took off pieces of the same!

qh4dotcom
03-12-2011, 04:41 PM
:)

spudea
03-12-2011, 07:19 PM

nowhere in the constitution does it require anyone to provide a birth certificate. George Washington didn't provide a birth certificate. You gonna start denouncing him for not following the constitution?

It's a distraction

AGRP
03-12-2011, 07:23 PM
Obama has been one of the greatest motivators of the liberty movement.

The last thing we need is a tea-o-con.

steph3n
03-12-2011, 07:28 PM
At least she is fiscally coservative.

no one that supports the endless wars and world Police Team America is fiscally conservative.

qh4dotcom
03-12-2011, 07:30 PM
nowhere in the constitution does it require anyone to provide a birth certificate. George Washington didn't provide a birth certificate. You gonna start denouncing him for not following the constitution?

It's a distraction

So we should just take the word of a candidate running for president that he/she's 35 years old, has lived in the US for 14 years and is a natural born citizen?
Verifying such information is a "distraction"?

messana
03-12-2011, 07:30 PM
http://www.wnd.com/images/misc/111710arizbillboard.jpg

I hope the Ron Paul 2012 campaign strategist has more sense then that.

qh4dotcom
03-12-2011, 07:32 PM

I wouldn't vote for Bachmann but don't forget that Ron Paul did endorse her...kind of sad that you prefer someone whom Dr. Paul opposes rather than someone Dr. Paul endorses.

TCE
03-12-2011, 07:46 PM
I wouldn't vote for Bachmann but don't forget that Ron Paul did endorse her...kind of sad that you prefer someone whom Dr. Paul opposes rather than someone Dr. Paul endorses.

Ron has to endorse her, it's the Republican-incumbent rule. He wouldn't endorse a Democrat anyway. She is Bush with a skirt, but luckily she is getting drawn out of her district, so enjoy her for the next year and a half. Are we seriously going to get into the Obama liberal vs. Bush Neo-Con debate?

dbill27
03-12-2011, 11:17 PM
This pretty much sums it up, Michele Bachman! Can't believe I've found Ron Paul supporters that are birthers. When bill o'reilly read an email response at the end of his show the other night from presumably a rp supporter saying something like "admit it bill most ron paul supporters aren't birthers". I couldn't help but cringe. Bill had a huge smile on his face because of course reading something like that only makes it look like their are tons of rp fans who believe that. Most in the mainstream GOP would love to be able to pin this on rp fans because it is embarassing the shit out of them and making them lose credibility and now some Ron Paul fans are picking up the torch, for what reason?

AGRP
03-12-2011, 11:31 PM
I've noticed that far more Palin/West/neocon fans go crazy over Obama's BC than Paul fans.

Paul fans are far more concerned with critical subjects such as the Federal Reserve and the 10th Amendment.

dbill27
03-12-2011, 11:39 PM
I've noticed that far more Palin/West/neocon fans go crazy over Obama's BC than Paul fans.

Paul fans are far more concerned with critical subjects such as the Federal Reserve and the 10th Amendment.

Far more of them do indeed, there is a reason, pretty sure it has to do with critical thinking. Don't understand how anyone can be a paul fan and a birther.

qh4dotcom
03-13-2011, 12:05 AM
Far more of them do indeed, there is a reason, pretty sure it has to do with critical thinking. Don't understand how anyone can be a paul fan and a birther.

Because Ron Paul himself has said himself that the birth certificate issue should be pursued.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoQ3kO9xzcs#t=1m30s

dbill27
03-13-2011, 12:16 AM
Because Ron Paul himself has said himself that the birth certificate issue should be pursued.

This is years ago and you're seriously misrepresenting what he says. He doesn't say, for example, that once the evidence does show that obama is a citizen that people should bury their heads in the sand and keep bringing this up for years like you are now. You keep posting this stuff on facebook and reading the comments it's pretty clear that you are giving people who don't know better a misrepresented view of ron paul.

qh4dotcom
03-13-2011, 12:23 AM
This is years ago and you're seriously misrepresenting what he says. He doesn't say, for example, that once the evidence does show that obama is a citizen that people should bury their heads in the sand and keep bringing this up for years like you are now. You keep posting this stuff on facebook and reading the comments it's pretty clear that you are giving people who don't know better a misrepresented view of ron paul.

No new evidence has surfaced since RP spoke that Obama is a citizen....and RP himself did take an oath to defend article 2 section 1
Sorry, Michelle Obama has already said Barack's home country is Kenya and no original long-form birth certificate has been released...that's enough evidence for me to pursue the issue.

dbill27
03-13-2011, 12:34 AM
No new evidence has surfaced since RP spoke that Obama is a citizen....and RP himself did take an oath to defend article 2 section 1
Sorry, Michelle Obama has already said Barack's home country is Kenya and no original long-form birth certificate has been released...that's enough evidence for me to pursue the issue.

No new evidence has surfaced since then that 2+2=4 either. Ron says in a reluctant way in the video you linked to that we shouldn't just ignore it if a presidential candidate is being accused of not being a citizen, you are inflating what he said and taking it to extremes. And just as i told you on facebook the other day, michelle obama saying that his home country is kenya is your proof lol? Yeah, that holds up in a court of law. I often say that my home is ohio because my family is from ohio and i have links there although i have never lived there and i wasn't born there. No long-form birth certificate has been released!!!! Good god all mighty, shucks,it's almost as if Barack Obama doesn't want the UFO hunters to keep talking about this. I wonder why he would do that? Seriously, What are you expecting to get from this? Do you think that the supreme court is going to just decide to pick up this issue that no one takes seriously after He has been President 3 or 4 years. LOL

dbill27
03-13-2011, 12:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZavBsac8j4

qh4dotcom
03-13-2011, 12:54 AM
No new evidence has surfaced since then that 2+2=4 either. Ron says in a reluctant way in the video you linked to that we shouldn't just ignore it if a presidential candidate is being accused of not being a citizen, you are inflating what he said and taking it to extremes. And just as i told you on facebook the other day, michelle obama saying that his home country is kenya is your proof lol? Yeah, that holds up in a court of law. I often say that my home is ohio because my family is from ohio and i have links there although i have never lived there and i wasn't born there. No long-form birth certificate has been released!!!!
I'm aware it won't hold up in a court of law, but it sure can hold up in a court of public opinion.
Sorry man, Obama can't have two home countries...either his home country is Kenya or his home country is the US...which one is it? and by the way the dictionary defines home country as the country you were born in.

dbill27
03-13-2011, 01:02 AM
You bring up the court of public opinon!!!!! Well the jury verdict is in, if you bring this up it only discredits you to the vast majority, it will not hurt obama with anyone other than those who already don't like him. There is, however, the possibility of hurting Ron's image with GOP voters, and that is all you can do. Nothing positive at all will come out of this. Your point about the dictionary....ok, so when we speak in our day to day lives we usually use the exact definition of words as given by the standard dictionary, lol, give me a break! Everyone knew what michele obama meant when she said that. Obama traveled a lot, as I have in my life, and depending who I am talking to I can refer to myself as being from many different states. Are you the speech police of home counries?

dbill27
03-13-2011, 01:11 AM
Furthermore, after stumbling upon a thread I started a few days ago.... I think my first 2 posts pretty much sum it up about having 2 possible "homes".

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?282757-States-Ron-will-win.

The enite birther argument is centered around someone being accused of something having to prove their innocence, when it should always be the opposite, especially in America.

qh4dotcom
03-13-2011, 01:15 AM
You bring up the court of public opinon!!!!! Well the jury verdict is in, if you bring this up it only discredits you to the vast majority, it will not hurt obama with anyone other than those who already don't like him. There is, however, the possibility of hurting Ron's image with GOP voters, and that is all you can do. Nothing positive at all will come out of this. Your point about the dictionary....ok, so when we speak in our day to day lives we usually use the exact definition of words as given by the standard dictionary, lol, give me a break! Everyone knew what michele obama meant when she said that. Obama traveled a lot, as I have in my life, and depending who I am talking to I can refer to myself as being from many different states. Are you the speech police of home counries?

I've shown the Michelle Obama video to people who have never heard of the birth certificate issue and they actually believe what Michelle Obama literally said...so sorry I know from experience that they don't interpret it the way you do.

dbill27
03-13-2011, 01:18 AM
Well that proves it then.

dbill27
03-13-2011, 01:18 AM
When does Obama leave office? Tommorow?

qh4dotcom
03-13-2011, 01:22 AM
Dude, since you have an explanation for just about everything go watch this video and tell me why you think Obama said that what happened in Selma, Alabama inspired his parents to get together, have a child and then Barack Obama Jr. was born

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdYByptC8mY#t=1m35s

dbill27
03-13-2011, 01:32 AM
I don't have an explanation for everything. I just understand that:

1. This will get you or any politician nowhere positive.
2. If Obama was white, this would not be an issue.
3. If Obama was a republican michele bachman would not be saying this.
4. Barack Obama wants nothing more than for this issue to continue.
5. If the birth certificate he has shown is fake, then why couldn't he just fake whatever else the nutjobs want from him?
6. As Anderson Cooper said in the video, if you take that birth certificate into a passport office, you get a passport.
7. 2 live birth announcemnents next day in the paper.
8. All "proof" that obama was born elsewhere is based on nothing that would hold up in court.
9. Something tells me Ron would never say " The first thing I would do if i ran for President would be release by birth certificate" because he knows better.
10. I didn't watch your video.

dbill27
03-13-2011, 01:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kGasHGXSy4

This % of people won't win an election. By the way, the first comment under this video in youtube sums it up:

"Racism and ignorance at its FINEST!!! This will work IN FAVOR of President Obama in the 2012 election"

qh4dotcom
03-13-2011, 01:42 AM

Maybe not right now but the birther movement is growing...at some point the truth will come out like it came out during the Clinton and Nixon controversies...then all the politicians who have been avoiding the issue will have a lot of explaining to do.

dbill27
03-13-2011, 01:48 AM
Maybe not right now but the birther movement is growing...at some point the truth will come out like it came out during the Clinton and Nixon controversies...then all the politicians who have been avoiding the issue will have a lot of explaining to do.

How big can the birther movement possibly get? In all seriousness? You would max out at around 50% and that would NEVER happen, and that 50% would more or less be the same people who would vote against him anyways, but in the meantime you are going to turn open minded people off to Ron Paul when you connect the 2 messages, such as your facebook account with the Ron Paul picture and then a picture of a billboard that reads "Wheres the birth certificate".

qh4dotcom
03-13-2011, 01:55 AM
How big can the birther movement possibly get? In all seriousness? You would max out at around 50% and that would NEVER happen, and that 50% would more or less be the same people who would vote against him anyways, but in the meantime you are going to turn open minded people off to Ron Paul when you connect the 2 messages, such as your facebook account with the Ron Paul picture and then a picture of a billboard that reads "Wheres the birth certificate".

I'm quite sure it'll get a lot bigger when more people start getting more pissed off at Obama...someone's gotta be blamed for $5 gallon of gas, the next economic collapse, the next war, the economy getting worse, etc.

Also it's possible he's being blackmailed over this issue by his masters...one disagreement with them and the whole thing can blow up.

Philhelm
03-13-2011, 02:37 AM
I would end the illegal wars, stop foreign aid and pull troops out of every country that they're in. All part of getting the deficit down. That's what I'd do first. Nearly every law has been broke, so Obama being from Mars wouldn't really make a difference.

I see you, and raise you a pardon for all people convicted of federal drug charges.

dbill27
03-13-2011, 02:53 AM
I'm quite sure it'll get a lot bigger when more people start getting more pissed off at Obama...someone's gotta be blamed for $5 gallon of gas, the next economic collapse, the next war, the economy getting worse, etc.

Also it's possible he's being blackmailed over this issue by his masters...one disagreement with them and the whole thing can blow up.

But, you just gave a list of reasons why people shouldn't support Obama? So, aren't these the REASONS why people shouldn't support Obama? The anti-Obama movement doesn't mean that increasing numbers of people are going to think he is from kenya and I'm puzzled by your association. You just gave reasons why jumping on the birther bandwagon is pointless, since it is political suicide in a general election and there are so many other reasons not to support obama that are based on fact.

BamaAla
03-13-2011, 03:30 AM
I see you, and raise you a pardon for all people convicted of federal drug charges.

String bet! lol +rep for a great idea.

RonPaulFanInGA
03-13-2011, 04:15 AM

Ron Paul is not a birther. Stop trying to paint him in a negative light. It's bad enough that the birther kooks that infest some of these neoconservative websites like FreeRepublic try to make Paul look bad by falsely accusing him of being a truther just because he believes in blowback (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blowback_%28intelligence%29) without his own supporters trying to turn Paul into some conspiracy crank.

Philhelm
03-13-2011, 04:52 AM
String bet! lol +rep for a great idea.

Thank you. I would be inclined to pardon all people convicted of drug charges, but I wonder if that would be an abuse of federal authority. I would be curious to see what the RPF crowd would think.

qh4dotcom
03-13-2011, 08:09 PM
Ron Paul is not a birther. Stop trying to paint him in a negative light. It's bad enough that the birther kooks that infest some of these neoconservative websites like FreeRepublic try to make Paul look bad by falsely accusing him of being a truther just because he believes in blowback (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blowback_%28intelligence%29) without his own supporters trying to turn Paul into some conspiracy crank.

I'm not saying he is nor would I ask him questions about that issue.

Don Lapre
03-15-2011, 05:42 AM

2. If Obama was white, this would not be an issue.
3. If Obama was a republican michele bachman would not be saying this.
4. Barack Obama wants nothing more than for this issue to continue.
5. If the birth certificate he has shown is fake, then why couldn't he just fake whatever else the nutjobs want from him?
6. As Anderson Cooper said in the video, if you take that birth certificate into a passport office, you get a passport.
7. 2 live birth announcemnents next day in the paper.
8. All "proof" that obama was born elsewhere is based on nothing that would hold up in court.
9. Something tells me Ron would never say " The first thing I would do if i ran for President would be release by birth certificate" because he knows better.
10. I didn't watch your video.

1. I don't know if there is anything more fundamentally important than for the president to have even been eligible to hold the office which he now holds. Fraud at that level is a very disturbing thing, imo.

2. Conjecture on your part.

3. Conjecture on your part, but likely true, imo.

4. Conjecture on your part. We can't say for sure what Obama wants. What we KNOW is that he has locked down his long form birth certificate ... and almost every other important document of his.

5. Theoretically, he could try that.

6. This is not true. The document team Obama posted on the internet did not have a certificate number (that area was blacked out). Beyond that, it is VERY interesting to note that the certificate Factcheck said they handled (and confirmed was Obama's) showed a seal in one photo and NO seal in another photo of the supposed same document.

I'll say that again - it had NO seal in one photo, yet does have a seal in another.

http://factcheck.org/demos/factcheck/imagefiles/image/Ask%20FactCheck%20Images/Birth%20Certificate/hands.jpg

NO seal.
Enhance it, blow it up, do what you want to it - it won't change the fact that there is NO seal on it.

http://factcheck.org/demos/factcheck/imagefiles/image/Ask%20FactCheck%20Images/Birth%20Certificate/seal.jpg

Yet here is (allegedly) the same document - and it has a seal.

Go to the Factcheck page and look at the larger photos of the said document.
You can see for yourself that what I am saying is true.

http://factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html

7. Newspaper clippings are not an official document. Surely we can realize this? Further, do you know what the standard was for newpapers posting birth announcements at that time in Hawaii? I'm pretty sure you don't.

8. I agree. It has not been proven to me that Obama was or wasn't born in Hawaii or anywhere else. I don't know for sure where he was born.

9. I agree.

10. -