PDA

View Full Version : Should John Stossel do a report on space exploration?

dude58677
03-11-2011, 03:11 PM
He can discuss why commercial space tourism is better than government space travel such as how much more difficult it is is to become a government astronaut as opposed to a commercial astronaut, how much more cost efficient commercial space flight is and not using taxpayer dollars, how much safer commercial spacecrafts are, and he'll demonstrate how much easier it is to get a weightless ride through commercial industry than with NASA's KC 135. He finish the show getting a ride in zero-g commercially.

TastyWheat
03-11-2011, 04:26 PM
I like the idea. It's another one of those things people think only the government can do and should do. Would mankind benefit more by sending a dozen more rovers to Mars or by spending all of those billions on cancer research? When the market sees a demand for space exploration it will meet it.

Chase
03-11-2011, 04:46 PM
I like the idea... talk about the X Prize. A simple $10 million dollar cash prize from private investors led to the development of the first privately built spacecraft to take a human into space, and now to Virgin Galactic, etc.

dannno
03-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Ya sure, why not.. hopefully there will be a lot of episodes to come.

ClayTrainor
03-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Yes, I think this is a great idea for a stossel episode!

dude58677
03-11-2011, 05:17 PM
I can see this already...

John Stossel: So how can I get a weightless ride?

NASA employee: You have to be an undergrad student with a team of 5 college students. You must also propose a scientific experiment and we will let you know if you are selected and competition is difficult as we get thousands of proposals.

John Stossel: What if I were to pay you for an experiment ride or could I get a joyride?

NASA employee: I'm sorry but we don't do that sort of thing.

John Stossel speaking to television audience: That is how our conversation ended. I'm certainly not an undergrad student and I certainly don't have a unique experiment in mind. Of course who can blame them? No one wants to waste their taxpayer dollars on joy rides. So we headed to Zero-G corporation...

dannno
03-11-2011, 05:26 PM
So how can I get a weightless ride?

Space prostitutes.