PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingrich Newt Gingrich: 'Passion for the country' led to personal indiscretions

squarepusher
03-11-2011, 05:02 AM
can't believe no one has posted this yet. Newt has nearly 0% chance of a successful election.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2011/03/newt-gingrich-passion-for-the.html

Newt Gingrich: 'Passion for the country' led to personal indiscretions (video)
By Emi Kolawole

Former House speaker Newt Gingrich gave an interview to the Christian Broadcasting Network to speak about his past indiscretions, the coming presidential race and what he calls the threat to "Judeo-Christian society."

"There's no question at times of my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked far too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate," said Gingrich during an interview with CBN's David Brody. "What I can tell you is that when I did things that were wrong, I wasn't trapped in situation ethics, I was doing things that were wrong, and yet, I was doing them," he continued, going on to say that he had sought "God's forgiveness. Not God's understanding, but God's forgiveness."

wow

t0rnado
03-11-2011, 05:21 AM
While soldiers claim to die for their country, Newt Gingrich cheats on his wife for his country.

Sola_Fide
03-11-2011, 05:23 AM
This guy is toast. He is not going anywhere in the primaries.

roho76
03-11-2011, 05:24 AM
So far, everybody who has hinted at running, except Ron Paul, is a scum bag. I think when Ron stands next to these people on stage people will see him as the one who's been shouting from the roof about our financial situation, and the one who has always stood for liberty, and the defender of the things they hold dear, and it is my hope that they will choose righteously.

roho76
03-11-2011, 05:26 AM
While soldiers claim to die for their country, Newt Gingrich cheats on his wife for his country.

Tshirt.

Cap
03-11-2011, 07:01 AM
Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel

S.Shorland
03-11-2011, 07:16 AM
I assume his advisors told him to say that?Is it just me but that statement is truely nauseating?I just can't imagine anyone voting for such scum!?!Is he saying that he needed release so badly that he HAD to seek something else because his wife was unable?'I'm such a real man that I had to get it somewhere'?I don't think it will work (I hope it won't).
can't believe no one has posted this yet. Newt has nearly 0% chance of a successful election.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2011/03/newt-gingrich-passion-for-the.html

Newt Gingrich: 'Passion for the country' led to personal indiscretions (video)
By Emi Kolawole

Former House speaker Newt Gingrich gave an interview to the Christian Broadcasting Network to speak about his past indiscretions, the coming presidential race and what he calls the threat to "Judeo-Christian society."

"There's no question at times of my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked far too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate," said Gingrich during an interview with CBN's David Brody. "What I can tell you is that when I did things that were wrong, I wasn't trapped in situation ethics, I was doing things that were wrong, and yet, I was doing them," he continued, going on to say that he had sought "God's forgiveness. Not God's understanding, but God's forgiveness."

wow

kpitcher
03-11-2011, 07:39 AM
I like what Colbert said about Newt

“Look at Newt Gingrich. His moral compass is so great, he can make it point to wherever he wants. At least, according to his ex-wife Marianne, in this month’s Esquire. Now don’t worry, this isn’t that depressing story about Newt dumping his wife when she was in the hospital with cancer. Marianne’s the woman he dumped the cancer wife for. You see, later, Newt left Marianne for an even younger Congressional aide who became his third wife. Newt is so pro-marriage, he can’t stop doing it. He is so morally upright, that he’s only had sex after he was married. Just not always to the woman he was married to.