PDA

View Full Version : Australian newspaper reporting Yemen protesters may have been hit with nerve gas

Anti Federalist
03-10-2011, 10:59 PM
If this is true, holy shit! :eek: :mad:

Anti-government protesters may have been hit with nerve gas, doctors say

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/anti-government-protesters-may-have-been-hit-with-nerve-gas-doctors-say/story-e6frg6so-1226018936417

DOCTORS from the scene of violent anti-government protests in Yemen's capital said that what was thought to be tear gas fired by government forces on demonstrators may have been nerve gas, which is forbidden under international law.
Military personnel opened fire on Tuesday night and used what was originally assumed to be tear gas to disperse a group of demonstrators who were trying to bring additional tents into the protest area outside Sanaa University.

At least two people were killed in a fresh round of clashes across the country, where anti-regime protests have been raging since late January, medical and security officials said.

One protester died of gunshot wounds early Wednesday when police opened fire on student demonstrators near the university in the capital Sanaa overnight, a medical official said.

According to witnesses, the soldiers fired warning shots into the air before shooting gas - and in some cases live bullets - into the crowd, killing one and injuring at least 50.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
.End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
Earlier reports indicated that the gas used was tear gas, but doctors who have been treating the wounded refuted that claim today.

"The material in this gas makes people convulse for hours. It paralyses them. They couldn't move at all. We tried to give them oxygen but it didn't work," said Amaar Nujaim, a field doctor who works for Islamic Relief.

"We are seeing symptoms in the patient's nerves, not in their respiratory systems. I'm 90 per cent sure its nerve gas and not tear gas that was used," said Sami Zaid, a doctor at the Science and Technology Hospital in Sanaa.

Mohammad Al-Sheikh, a pathologist at the same hospital, said that some of the victims had lost their muscular control and were forced to wear diapers.

"We have never seen tear gas cause these symptoms. We fear it may be a dangerous gas that is internationally forbidden," Al-Sheikh said.

Vessol
03-10-2011, 11:24 PM
Gee, I wonder who sold Yemen that?

South Park Fan
03-10-2011, 11:30 PM
Gee, I wonder who sold Yemen that?

This concerns me even more than my concern for the well-being of the dissidents. What will happen when Americans eventually rise up?

Orgoonian
03-10-2011, 11:31 PM
It sounds like some form of a blood agent.
Nerve gas is typically a persistent agent that would leave some kind of residue on the victims,and the surrounding area.
For crowd control,or dispersal it would be crazy to use a nerve agent.Unless of course they have built a better mousetrap.I wouldn't doubt that at all.

My mos in the Army was 54b.Nuclear,biological,chemical.I retired in 2003,but i would imagine the elites have been working overtime to create new horrors to kill with.
A non persistent nerve agent(If they figured out how to do it right) would be devastating.You could wipe out large cities in a matter of hours,and the area would be clean in short order as well.

Anti Federalist
03-10-2011, 11:40 PM
It sounds like some form of a blood agent.
Nerve gas is typically a persistent agent that would leave some kind of residue on the victims,and the surrounding area.
For crowd control,or dispersal it would be crazy to use a nerve agent.Unless of course they have built a better mousetrap.I wouldn't doubt that at all.

My mos in the Army was 54b.Nuclear,biological,chemical.I retired in 2003,but i would imagine the elites have been working overtime to create new horrors to kill with.
A non persistent nerve agent(If they figured out how to do it right) would be devastating.You could wipe out large cities in a matter of hours,and the area would be clean in short order as well.

Welcome to my nightmare.

Orgoonian
03-11-2011, 12:02 AM
Welcome to my nightmare.

I would be a good idea to add mopp gear,and Mark 1 kits to a bob it seems.
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=chemical+suit&_sacat=See-All-Categories
http://www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh/ems/policy/03-05.htm